H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-04-2006, 02:09 PM

Edspad is off the scale

Im sorry HMMWV but i believe your still wrong on two counts.
(1) Jury is still out (you most likely will be correct though)
(2) The H3 is a better 4x4 than the Toyota4runner out of the box.
(3)The G-wagon and range rover are not in the same class of the H1.(how many G-wagons have you seen blizing across the sand with a 50 cal mounted to the back?)

Outlook and expectations.
Some H3 owners (including myself)Look at the H3 for its off road capabilities first and other issues second. Turning a wrench or replacing tie rods is part of the experience and is expected.
My personal outlook towards Vehicles is most likely different from yours. if i was going to purchase a Vehicle for a loved one and i wasnt going to be around to assist in the care of this said Vehicle, then it mostly would be a honda. on the other hand i have no problem with my wife driving my 1995 mustang Gt (last of the Boss 302 push rod V8) its got 60k miles and has had a few problems
Like politics there seems to be no middle ground. Against or in Favor, left or right
Car n Driver is full of crap. Hummer and Mustang magazines rule

Old 03-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Being voted "Best Off Road" and last on road is a definite compliment.

These boys are made to shine offroad.

Of course the others will be better on road. They're MALL RUNNERS.

My Video Collectionez

Old 03-04-2006, 02:53 PM

HMMWV is off the scale

I never said the 4Runner was better than the H3. I only said they were in the same class.

I've never seen any .50 cal equipped H1 blazing across the deseret neither. That role is reserved for HUMVEEs and military G-Wagens. HUMVEEs and mil G-Wagens are used by many countries, including the US.

Actually we're not that different. I'm only into HUMMERs (since the mid 90s) for their offroad capabilities, not because of their looks or exclusivity or anything else. I also do enjoy working on my vehicles.

I only stated what I though was obvious, the HUMMER brand is not known for high reliability or quality.

One of the fortunate few that got a factory tour before it was shut down after 9/11
Old 03-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

thedieter is off the scale

No matter what R&T or C&D says, I wouldn't buy an exterra! I was set on getting a sunroof and with that ugly hump in the roof, a sunroof is not available.

Today, we were at the mall (yes we do drive it to the Mall), and we saw an H3 in the handi-capped parking spaces. It even had a brush guard and I thought that it would be interesting to talk to the owner. Unfortunately, they were not around.

Best regards, Happy Jack
Old 03-06-2006, 08:57 PM

poncho1965 is off the scale

Ok, finally got the mag and saw what it said. I am familiar with those trails and yes the H3 will do those with ease. I don't view them as being overly critical of the H3, but if you bought it for mainly onroad use their complaints are valid. For long road trips I'll chose my Odyssey every time. But then again the H3 is more fun all the way around...onroad, offroad, I like it anyway!
Old 06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car And Driver rates H-3 last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho1965
Ok, finally got the mag and saw what it said. I am familiar with those trails and yes the H3 will do those with ease. I don't view them as being overly critical of the H3, but if you bought it for mainly onroad use their complaints are valid. For long road trips I'll chose my Odyssey every time. But then again the H3 is more fun all the way around...onroad, offroad, I like it anyway!

Well put. I thought C&D was very complimentary to H3. I would get a sedan for on-road driving. Here's the link: http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10776

BTW, apparently Motor Trend gave first place to H3 in comparison with Liberty Renegade, FJ, and (yes) the X-terra. Anyone read this article? Too bad there is no link to the article: http://www.motortrend.com/toc/112_0604_toc/index.html
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 06-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD

BTW, apparently Motor Trend gave first place to H3 in comparison with Liberty Renegade, FJ, and (yes) the X-terra. Anyone read this article? Too bad there is no link to the article: http://www.motortrend.com/toc/112_0604_toc/index.html

I thought I read that one, and they put the H3 in Third, behind the FJ and X-terra. The Liberty was last.

And I think they once again said, "The H3 has the most flex, is like a mountain goat, but we like our cars like our women, ugly and foreign."

Now somone, I think Truck Trend, put the H2 as the Best Ultimate SUV, on and off-road. They H3 didn't win it's category however.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Big money will get you help with the rags, I was in meeting listening to the favorable reviews that were going to come out well before the rag was out. They know and make the car companies pay. It's a love or hate some people like vanilla, some prefer meat,
Long live Hummer!
F the rags
Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMMWV
I never said the 4Runner was better than the H3. I only said they were in the same class.

I've never seen any .50 cal equipped H1 blazing across the deseret neither. That role is reserved for HUMVEEs and military G-Wagens. HUMVEEs and mil G-Wagens are used by many countries, including the US.

Actually we're not that different. I'm only into HUMMERs (since the mid 90s) for their offroad capabilities, not because of their looks or exclusivity or anything else. I also do enjoy working on my vehicles.

I only stated what I though was obvious, the HUMMER brand is not known for high reliability or quality.

One of the fortunate few that got a factory tour before it was shut down after 9/11

Oh, I don't know. I've got close to 100K on my H1, I drive it to offroad events far far away from home, I beat the crap out of it, then I drive it home. Seems that is the definition of 'reliabilty'. (Although I usually have to realign/reseal/tighten something from the crap beating afterwards )

Keep in mind, when people post about issues on the HML, it's usually those people who are lax on mainainence, or chronic complainers. Some aren't, but from my experience, it is usually people who expect a 100K offroad vehicle to be like their other 100k road vehicles when it comes to comfort/noise/fit/finish. They are just being unrealistic.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 06-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoGMPG
Oh, I don't know. I've got close to 100K on my H1, I drive it to offroad events far far away from home, I beat the crap out of it, then I drive it home. Seems that is the definition of 'reliabilty'. (Although I usually have to realign/reseal/tighten something from the crap beating afterwards )

Keep in mind, when people post about issues on the HML, it's usually those people who are lax on mainainence, or chronic complainers. Some aren't, but from my experience, it is usually people who expect a 100K offroad vehicle to be like their other 100k road vehicles when it comes to comfort/noise/fit/finish. They are just being unrealistic.

Dave

Dave,
After reading the description of your H1, I gotta see a pic of it, PLEASE.

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 06-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

FutureBeachBum is on a distinguished road

Actually, it was this review that really got me thinking about the H3. It was this quote at the beginning of the H3 review.

Quote:
At the end of 2.5 days of dust, dirt, and rocks, each editor was asked, ?If you had to make that same trip by yourself, which vehicle would you choose?? Unanimous reply: the H3.

The part I disagree with was this...

Quote:
At speed, the wind roar around that pancake-flat windshield sounded like Victoria Falls

I don't have this problem at all, sounds like they had a bad seal around the windshield.

Yes, the H3 does not have the acceleration of some of the others, but we all knew that going in. It's adequate for everyday driving, but it's not a sprinter.

The other factor that they didn't mention was the general fun factor. No matter how you slice or dice it, the H3 is NOT BORING, and in my book that counts for a lot.

www.cafepress.com/shirtspot funniest shirts on the net!
Old 06-03-2006, 07:05 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Yeah, I find the H3 very quiet on the highway.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Anti-BlInG is on a distinguished road

You guys are digging way too deeeep. With a magazine titled "CAR and driver", dont expect a good TRUCK review.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Being voted "Best Off Road" and last on road is a definite compliment.

These boys are made to shine offroad.

Of course the others will be better on road. They're MALL RUNNERS.

that sums it up pretty damn well
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 06-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lance heres a pic of NoMo leadin the pack
Attached Images

* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale

Well, if it ranked best off road, thats what the Hummer is all about. Mission accomplished. Ever driven a Jeep Wrangler? Yuch.