H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 AM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale
Default Are there any good service places - Cochran in PA Sucks

How is service at Wright? Cochran's service sucks.

1) They couldn't install the new roof rails correctly - huge gaps. I asked them to fix the gaps and they still didn't install the pieces on either side of the windshield correctly. The pieces rattled when going 65 MPH or more. I had to fix them myself.

2) They couldn't re-install a GM front mud flap after replacing the parking brake cable. They lost the metal clips and relied on metal screws in soft plastic to hold 2 of the 3 fasteners - the screws just backed out of the holes when things vibrated. I had to make new metal clips

3) They couldn't find a simple buzz in the subwoofer. After they tried three times, I had to remove the panels and fix the buzzing myself.

4) They installed a new stereo head unit and couldn't hear a clicking sound that happened on AM/FM/CD. Had to make another trip to get a new head unit.

5) After they changed the parking brake cbale, I asked them to check the parking brake shoes since the parking brakes were spragging. They said they did and everything was fine. I pulled both rear wheels only to find both rotor wheel stud retaining clips in place - these clips are used during assembly to hold the rotors on (one clip per rotor); they are removed, thrown out, and not replaced when replacing the rotors and the rotors have to be removed to inspect the parking brakes.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:21 AM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are there any good service places - Cochran in PA Sucks

The service at Wright Hummer is pretty good. But I am only speaking from the service I needed at the time of initial purchase and some issues with the off road lights - more of a GM problem than Wright problem - and some other minor maintainence questions. Joe (Wright's service manager) has been very helpful on numerous occassions and has promptly responded via phone and email to my service questions. They even helped the local GM garage here find replacement parts for my H3 after a minor accident. I'd give them a chance to help you out.

Chris
Old 09-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to your sales manager and tell him about it first.

Have him call a meeting with the service manager. If they still are not up to satifying your claims,
tell them you are going to call the 866 number in your manual.

Don't forget to remind them about the surveys. You do not have to check completely satisfied if you are not!

It's not cool to blow off the customer. A bad experience means no repeat business. They can't survive that way for long.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I had good service visits at Wright, in fact I talked to the guy who installed my marker lights. I mentioned the wind problems and he told me in addition to the GM fix he made his own "minor change" and it really holds the lights down. He was correct - no problems.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Interleukin is on a distinguished road

When I bought my H3 in July 2006, Wright was putting the finishing touches on their new shop, but as of then, they were still doing all Hummer work at the Pontiac dealership next door.

Does anyone know if Wright has their Hummer shop up and running yet? Also, I hope that they don't move Pontiac guys over to the Hummer dealership to work on the Hummers. With all of Wright's big aquisitions lately (with respect to all the dealerships they have bought, mainly all ther Schultz's), I hope they have the right guys in the service departments and are not mixing and matching.

The SAINTS are coming!!!
Geaux LSU!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

KJS is an unknown quantity at this point

wow where all of you! lol, have been looking for any locals for trips, gtg's, groups etc. any of you taking the H off-road or interested in planning one?

As for Wright Service, here is my personal dealing and it still exists!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18742
Old 09-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

WRIGHT SUCKS.... if you look up my past posts you could see, but here is a summary

First visit everyone on here tells me I have a bad encoder motor, Wright of course tell me "could not replicate message" and send me home. I make it two miles before it all happens again. I take photos and return and they hook me up with a free H3 rental and calls Borg warner and they take care of me. That is the last good thing to happen at their service department. The next service manager comes in and tells me in June there are no new roof rails and the fact my vents do not close flush and every other hummer's do is a bad dash and he would have to replace the entire dash to do that and it would need to be in the shop for a week and might not be covered under warranty.

That service manager left and in came some chick with a weird spelled name who tells in me July that there are no new roof rails and she ever heard of it and it is probably an internet rumor. I told her Cocharan was replacing them and provided her the parts number. After having to admit that the new roof rails were not a figment of the internet her quote was just because there is a part number does to mean we have it. Using the parts number provided by FSTop I call the parts department day and they have them in stock. I call back the chic and she tells me she checked and that they are actually old roof rails who came in when they ordered the new ones so proof to her the new ones do not exsist.

The next service manager tells me that the Jack recall is not an issue unless I plan on using it "allot". I ask about the roof rails and he quotes a bulliten they "just got" saying not to replace the roof rails or they will not get paid. I got agrivated then and told him the FU****** bulliten was at least 4 months old and they had the roof rails in their inventory and I wanted to talk to the overall manager. I leave him a message and before he calls me back the service manager calls back and not only do they have them in inventory but there is a set back there with my name on.

So I have two choices, either they are dumb and do not read their own bulliten or they are lazy trying to avoid work, I have an appointment to get the roof rails fixed, look at a possible broken shock, rotate the tires, oil change, and fix my vents.

I will let you know how it goes

I was very pleased with the sales department, Todd was great. I hate having to take a day off to have them tell me wrong information.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS
wow where all of you! lol, have been looking for any locals for trips, gtg's, groups etc. any of you taking the H off-road or interested in planning one?

As for Wright Service, here is my personal dealing and it still exists!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18742

Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will admit that Wright's General Service Manager (perhaps named Joey & not the onsite Service Manager - John - at Wright Hummer) is a bit "difficult". When I attempted to have some minor issues addressed on a Saturday, he told me they would only look at the issues during the week. This doesn't bode well for people who live hours away, whom have to take work leave for a garage appointment. This is why I wish Hummer would allow GM certified garages to make warranty repairs.

Doing so might just boost Hummer sales.

As far as the brakes go, I have had no problems on my H3 but I did have this type of problem on a Ford Probe I used to have. Ford never did address the problem correctly and the car still made the noise when I got rid of it. I hate brake issues.

Regardless, the above issue with Wright is the only truly negative issue I have encountered with them...
Old 09-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Hummer Professional

See I fall in the bring it during the week and leave it but they will not give me a rental since it is not a overnight repair so I need to have some one else drive with me 90 minutes to drive me home and back again the next day. Combine that with the SGT Schultz "I see Nothing" attitude of the garage it pisses me off.

I spoke highly of them the first 4 months I had my H3, I sold at least 5 other H3/H2 for them including a friend who drove 4 hours to buy there. Now I do not even want to drive there. Even worse, I was going to get on here adn ask how the service at Cochran is but that is what started this thread

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
See I fall in the bring it during the week and leave it but they will not give me a rental since it is not a overnight repair so I need to have some one else drive with me 90 minutes to drive me home and back again the next day.

That's BS. I have never had an over night service and they get me a rental. Actually a friend of mine has his H2 in today for a one day repair and he has a white H3 rental sitting out front right now.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Hummer Professional

I have a call in to the service manager's manager to drop my H3 off and get a rental and he was supposed to call me back.... 12 hours and counting for the phone call back. He explained to me if my H3 had to go in for repairs and it were to take more than one day they would give me a rental, since it is going over in over night just so I can drop it off after work GM will not cover it.

Other Cars.....

Old 09-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tones H3 is off the scale

Wright's Service Dept Is TERRIBLE. I have had to take my truck back on multiple occasions because they could not get things fixed the first time.

Most of the issues were small, but just plain overlooked. For example, they replaced my radio once and the door chime was so loud it blew me out of the vehicle!! (They programmed the new radio for a non monsoon sound system). I picked it up after the service dept left for the evening so i had to take it back the next day. (Over 100 mile drive for me). How in the hell could they not notice that? Even when I took it back the service manger could not believe it. Anyways in my opinion, I would stay away from Wright. Period.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

hummog is off the scale

Cochran's having a Hummer Happening, October 14th at the BeaverRun Motorsports Complex in Wampum, PA. Just got the invite in the mail.