H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-25-2003, 08:46 PM

JLwhiteH2 is off the scale

Hey i have a white H2 and i really want to get it lowered instead of lifted because I'm not going to be taking the truck offroad ever but i was just wondering if anybody knew of a place or company that would sell me needed equipment or even do it for me? I heard rancho did it but where would i get the lowering kit if they did?
Let me know thanx. Also anyone else lower there H2 here i would love to see pics of it already done.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:46 PM

JLwhiteH2 is off the scale

Hey i have a white H2 and i really want to get it lowered instead of lifted because I'm not going to be taking the truck offroad ever but i was just wondering if anybody knew of a place or company that would sell me needed equipment or even do it for me? I heard rancho did it but where would i get the lowering kit if they did?
Let me know thanx. Also anyone else lower there H2 here i would love to see pics of it already done.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:25 PM

buddy is off the scale

You're not serious, are you?

I doubt if anyone around here has lowered their H2, but I might be wrong.

I'd check with your local truck or 4x4 shop. If they can raise it, they can lower it.

best to ya,

buddy
Old 01-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

Come on now! Trade it in for an Escalade.

Doug
2003 Metalic Red H2
Old 01-25-2003, 11:30 PM

Mike97ZJ is off the scale

NO!!

You want a lowrider, sell the H2 to someone who is worthy of it, and buy a bling bling Escalade.

You DO NOT lower a 4x4!!

*member of the \"No Hummer Krew\"*
Old 01-26-2003, 12:51 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

The quickest lowering kit you can get is to remove the tires and just ride on the rims. Anyone who would lower an H2 would find this method perfectly acceptable.
Old 01-26-2003, 03:22 AM

Fistville is off the scale

Ill defend you because i've taken sensless badgering here too. Id be curious too, because there have been many times I have missed clearances by 1-2 inches. Bastards cant mark the signs correctly.

Orange H2, Lux package, back-up camera, xm. Not bad for first ride, eh?
Old 01-28-2003, 01:31 AM

I wouldn't lower or raise a Hummer. If you do, you risk a proportioning problem, making the rig look funny.

I think best function and best looks can be done with smart wheel/tire choices.

37" MTR tires make for a wicked off-road machine. They provide an inch of lift, which makes the H2 even more superior to the H1 in departure angle, and does a lot to catch the H1 an approach & breakover angles. Someone posted a really nice truck like this, I think it was in NJ of all places -- where does one off-road in NJ?!

If you're street only, you can do well with some nice rims and tires. For example, I think this white street H2 is /really/ well done: http://store.310motoring.com/image/s...er%20LARGE.jpg

Before you make any mod to your Hummer, think about it. A lot. Is it /really/ an improvement over stock? Is it going to be top quality? Is it in good taste? Hint: if your modification is done via double-stick tape, you need to get your head examined and you'd better have your wife check that your clothes match before you leave the house.

Street trucks /do/ make sense. The reality is street trucks are actually more practical than off-road trucks, like it or not. Even if you're a hardcore wheeler, you're most likely on pavement more often than not. Most off-roading is just for fun -- of no actual productive purpose beyond a sporting challenge.

Good taste and good sense can be had on road or off.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:10 AM

valkolton is off the scale

I like variety, and I was contemplating buying 22" wheels and keeping the stock wheels/tires for when I wanted to switch it up. However, with big wheels the largest tires are only 33" diameter, which means it needs to be lowered to look good.

To each is own, and I really do love the street look as well as the off-road rugged look.

I decided to get 20" wheels with the new 35.5" mud/all-terrain tires that are coming out by Toyo. This is the best of both worlds, larger than stock tire AND a huge wheel!

325/60R20 All-terrain tire info and picture:
http://www.toyo.com/news/news_details.cfm?id=42

325/60R20 Mud terrain pic and info:
http://www.toyo.com/news/news_details.cfm?id=43

These tires come out in a few weeks, I will be one of the first to get them and I will take plenty of pictures. I cannot wait!

Val