H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-28-2005, 05:03 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my H3 Black with Morracco interior to arrive.... For those who already H3 owners, What do you think,
any advise, what about the tree huggers?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:03 PM

Unfortunately I am still waiting for my H3 Black with Morracco interior to arrive.... For those who already H3 owners, What do you think,
any advise, what about the tree huggers?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

hispeed6 is off the scale

Yup, it's worth it. Tree huggers need a new hobby. I suggest bathing...

I\'m gonna miss her...
Old 06-28-2005, 05:47 PM

pimpdad is off the scale

The H3 is badass and hell yeah it's worth waiting for. I can only assume as I don't have mine yet. F the tree huggers and their hairy girlfriends.

BTW. When did you order yours?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

someone spit on my h3 when i wasnt around 2 weeks ago
Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 PM

Thanks guys, you made my day, I ordered my machine June 2nd.
I am also wondering, should I invest in bigger tires 33" vs. whats on the Stardard. I also order the Bling Package not the Adventure Package because I will need the H3 of Regular driving, but want to have the option to go off road. Thoughts ?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the adventure package, if you want bling just ad some chrome. the 33's are the way to go if you ever plan to have fun in the junk.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
someone spit on my h3 when i wasnt around 2 weeks ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It amazes me how stupid people can be. When are they going to learn that jealousy will get them nowhere

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-28-2005, 09:22 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

Someone threw a rock at mine, got the windshield and I am not sure how long it will take to get a new one... Not sure why if it was a treehugger though. It was from a pretty ghettoish (is that a word?) apartment building...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Buyer to be?:
It was from a pretty ghettoish (is that a word?) apartment building... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your hangin in the wrong part of town man

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, it's worth it! I've put 4,727 miles on my H3 with a trip to Colorado and trip to Texas in it. I love the highway ride as well as the offroad capability. I live in a forested area and I've owned many 4X4s. If you don't have a 4X4 you just can't get up to our house in mud or any kind of snow. My brush guard on the H3 already has scratches The Jeep Wrangler did well, but would rattle your teeth out and was noisy, the F250 4X4 was good, but a little too big to take down some trails, lots of tire noise and a consistent 8 mpg, the Isuzu Vehicross was one of the best, but it REALLY had a firm ride and was short of headroom for my 6 ft 4 body..........I really think it takes soemone who offroads a lot to appreciate all the H3 can do. I drove the Adventure Package on a Demo, but went with the basic and it does just fine on the 1/2 mile dirt and gravel trail up the hill to the house and to my posterior rode a little smoother on pavement.
I've had no negative reaction or hand gestures, in fact every time I fill up, someone wants to come over and see my H3. This machine brings more onlookers than the Vehicross did when it was new! Every time I park there are finger prints on the windows. I think all negative reaction to cars, whether they be Corvettes or Hummers, spit or rocks, is just plain envy and jealousy. I had a Toyota Starlet once, someone through handful of gravel in the front seat - go figure.
At 2,900 miles I changed the oil and put in Mobil One Synthetic and I'm getting better mileage but it's hard to tell because the H3's done a lot of offroading lately. It's fun to drive offroad and comfortable on the highway.
My next challenge is to have a welder or someone figure out how to put a thicker plate on to bolt a front winch to. Pictures to follow when I get it done.
Shadow Green Metallic
Hummer Jim
Old 06-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

Nice review HummerJim, welcome to the forum.

Is it worth it? Hell Yeah!!... I have 1900 miles on my H3 and I am VERY PLEASED with it, after a couple of 500+ mile road trips I can say that the highway ride is great and the performance is just fine, even going up in the mountains I can ride @ 70mph without a problem, city drive is awesome as well, the A/C is C O L D and the ride is very smooth. For those who think is lacks power, I'd say you should just get the H2 and if you can't afford it then just get the H3 while you save more money

The only "complaint" I can mention is that the front skid plate felt down after 1600 miles, I think the bolts were not tight enough or something... anyway, just make sure that the bolts are tight and enjoy your H3
Old 06-29-2005, 12:48 AM

Thanks, for your reply, its great to know where you stand and how well your H3 is.

jk1165
Old 06-29-2005, 03:40 PM

Hey went to H dealer this morning, So My delivery, the H3 Black with Crome Pack, and did test driving on both Adventure Pack and Lux.
My thoughts where that the Lux Pack was a very smooth ride, but I decided on the Rough and tumble feel of the Adventure Pack with awsome 33" Tires and suspension Pack. I am picking it up this evening, Color:bolder Grey. Any last words of advise, Please advise before I sign on the dotted line....... Thanks,jk1165
Old 06-29-2005, 03:49 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by usetosellhummer:
Get the adventure package, if you want bling just ad some chrome. the 33's are the way to go if you ever plan to have fun in the junk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks, I am taking your advise.. Adventure pack it will be, and that way, I can go any where I want to Go Period!!! I actually got best of both worlds, my H3 will have the Lux package on the inside and the Adventure pack on the outside, It took me over 2 1/2 hrs to decide. Thanks, jk1165
Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Hummer Professional

funpilot is off the scale

Here is a copy of a post in the almost dead Edmunds forum on the H3:

impressions of one month with a H3 by onthebeach Jun 27, 2005 (10:05 pm)
Reply | E-mail Msg
I've had my H3 for a month. I really like it but: there is very little storage space. None under any seats, almost none in the front doors and none in the back doors. The pockets in the back of the front seats are useless because when you fold the back seats, they crush right up to the front seats (unless you are short and can move the seats way up). The back seats do not fold flat. The blind spots are pretty bad. I already backed mine into a pole. Going about 1 mile per hour. After hitting it, I looked again, drove forward 6-8 feet and looked again, could NOT see the pole in any mirror. Hit right at the corner and did $936. worth of damage. Other than that, it's the coolest vehicle I ever had. GB
Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Hummer Professional

The Avalanche I have has even bigger blind spots. Their answer is to use backup cameras. Seems a lot of Av owners have them. There are two that seem to be the ones most chosen. Follow this link to read about them -

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com...ard,159.0.html

I have ordered the nav cam as it fits nicely in the dash by chance. I post this here so that if the H3 has a similar problem, you can start from the experience of others...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been working with a fabrication shop to make a bracket for the front to mount a winch. Does anyone know of any aftermarket winches and brackets being offered for the H3?
While I was under the front end, I noticed two of the front skid plate bolts were loose. I put some Loctite on them and torqued them back in at 85 ft-lbs. I've heard of others on this forum with the same problem. I'm not sure if this problem is vibrational or a manufacturing glitch. Check your front skid plate bolts!
5,000 miles on the odometer today and not a single problem with the H3, except for this minor skid plate deal.
Does anyone else loose the signal on their XXM satellite radio when driving under trees or behind hills? Is this just a problem in my hilly, forested area?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Hummer Professional

Losing the satellite signal is the nature of the technology. Like sat tv when a storm comes in. Perfectly normal...enjoy XM and the temporary interference when line of site is blocked to the satellite.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Hummer is off the scale

Very please with my H3. It is amazing off road. If you like the bling look go with the luxury package but adventure package if you want to use it for the off road. And make sure you get the extra low creep gears and locking stuff. It might be standard on the adventure package but not sure if only automatic or standard. 33 inch tires are more agressive tread for off road also. Probably better puncture resistance also.