H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder what the resale value is going to be with the H2s. I imagine it will be relatively good. Better that most other SUVs.

Not to imply that anyone would actually WANT to sell their H2! But was just thinking about it & wondered what you all thought...
Old 11-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder what the resale value is going to be with the H2s. I imagine it will be relatively good. Better that most other SUVs.

Not to imply that anyone would actually WANT to sell their H2! But was just thinking about it & wondered what you all thought...
Old 11-21-2002, 06:06 PM

mpetrich is off the scale

Yea, that's a good question. I sold my 1999 Lexus RX300 to buy my H2. I bought it new for $37,000 and sold it for $25,000. I thought that was very good resale value. Especially in light of the fact that the used car market is VERY weak (talk to the CarMax guys) since so many new cars can be bought for $0 down, 0% interest and 0 payments for the first year (I sound like a commercial). I don't think supply and demand applies too much in the used car market. Thousands of the RX300's have been sold and there is a good supply of them but as long as the car is desirable by many, you have a good shot of selling the car for a decent amount used. I guess, that's the long answer for saying that maybe the used car market won't be that great for the H2 since it is not a "mainstream" SUV. I really don't like to think of it as a SUV at all, more like a rig, or just a Hummer.
Just my two cents...
Old 11-21-2002, 07:01 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

Resale will totally depend on the amount of used H2's on the market.

- Bill
Old 11-21-2002, 11:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Relative to other vehicles the H2 will have a very high resale value at least for this list of owners. Strong demand, few out there, great brand, superior vehicle, relatively inexpensive to begin with (compare to Land Rover at $80K). All good for resale value.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

My guess Nov 2003 1 year later, used 1 yr H2 $40,000.
Nov 2004, 2 years used H2 $30,000-$35000.
Nov 2005, 3 yr used H2, $25,000-$30,000.
Am I in the ball park?

Except that NY Hummer used for breakfast and opera in the surf on the beach.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I'd guess H2 will sell slightly above your ranges. My experience is that vehicles go down by about 1/2 after 3 years and 2/3 after 5 years.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

...except big bad black hogs in Silicon Valley
Old 11-21-2002, 11:29 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

But, But, I got a disco light inside my Hummer, that got to add to resale value. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 12:30 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

I have the large SILVER ball in the back with a spot light shinning on it. COOL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 03:16 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sell my H2! NO WAY! (if I can ever get delivery) I plan on being burried in mine.

Don [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2002, 04:07 PM

racina is off the scale

I'm guessing when the H2 is announced as the "Truck of the Year" at the Detroit International auto show on Jan. 5th both the demand and the value will rise yet again.
Old 11-22-2002, 05:18 PM

Tedster is off the scale

NADA average depreciation formula based on $50k

1st year average 19% equates to $40500

2nd year average 15% equates to $34425

3rd year average 15% equates to $29261.25

This formula is only a guide for an average vehicle with average demand.

I purchased a new 2000 BMW M5 for $75000. and sold it 13 months later for $72000.

I don't think the H2 will be that strong, but will probably only depreciate about 10% per year.

Ted

03 Yellow H2,Adventure Package,Luxury Package,Sunroof, Wrap-around Grill Guard w/Lts.,Tailight Guards,Roof Lights,Tubular Sidesteps,SMA Tire Rack,Carbon Fiber Dash, Custom Exhaust
Old 11-22-2002, 05:30 PM

Dew Hummer, St. Pete, FL is off the scale

The longer dealers hold the price to at or very near MSRP, the stronger the value will be. Every rebate / finance incentive drops pre-owned values proportionately.
Old 11-23-2002, 05:07 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I suspect we will see outstanding value retention with our H2's. I've been to some of the marketing studies they've done, and I can tell you that the future H2's are gonna cost a lot more then what we paid! GM has almmost been shocked by the demand for the H2, they did not anticipate how much of a hot-ticket it would be. Newer H2's will have built-in nav-screens, two-tone leather interior, fancier materials, bigger engines, etc..lots of excuses to jack-up the pricing! They showed us some combinations and were probing costs along the lines of $72,000+. They're gonna play this vein for what it's worth....people will pay to own a Hummer. I think we'll all be VERY surprised how more expensive (new) H2's will help maintain a strong used-value for our H2's. I wouldn't be surprised if used H2's outperform stocks for a couple years! (half-joking/half-serious!)
Old 11-23-2002, 07:09 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

H1 was nowhere near $100K when it came out. When I test drove one in the early '90s, it was something like $70K. anyone remember the H1 MSRP in the earlier years? Of course, when you keep on raising prices, fewer and fewer units you will sell, there is a limit to what the market will bear; last I heard H1 is 700 units year. $70K for Hummer H2? I doubt it, maybe several years later.
Old 11-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I hear you Mac but I beg to differ. What would you rather own, an H2 or Land Rover? Lots of my friends favor the H2 as well. I don't know how many Land Rovers sell a year but I see them all over the place and they're around $78K. The H2 is just a far more superior vehicle. It all depends on how GM plays their strategy.

(And if the disco light happens to become a standard feature look out! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])
Old 11-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

HummerH2 is off the scale

H2 is better than the Land Rover 24/7 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 04:38 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey MAC, love your enthusiasm...but I've got to tell ya: I've been to the marketing research studies, I've seen the potential future of the H2....and now that GM knows they've got a hit and people will pay to own a HUMMER....you can bet your sweet(apendage of choice) that pricing is on the up!

They showed us several packages; they're gonna change the exterior a bit, stream-lining the lights and other details. They're gonna offer different engines, and an interior bursting with rich upgrades and refinements...it's going to run a close race with Jaguar. Bottom line: I saw some upper-end packages...and they were asking us how we felt about paying upwards $85,000...with other packages in the $70's.

And ya know what....I and many others were eagerly, willingly and gladly prepared to pay that for an H2 as it is. When it came out in the low 50's, I giggled and slammed my money down.

I've seen the future...and it's costly. Look at the Range Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW and the Porsche....they'll gussy up the H2, ask what they want....and they'll get it. Forget the stock-market....invest in H2's! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 05:34 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Steve, did you see these new versions before current H2 came out or after?
Even if I knew these better versions will come out 2 years later, I still have no choice but to buy the Hummer now, with no regret. The only mistake would be
buying the 72K/72 months warranty @ $2200, $3 year service contract @ $900, no reason to look that far down the road if I plan to upgrade 2 years later.

I am not sure about $70K or $80K, you are in the S500 neighborhood, as far as production cars go, that is the highest upper limit. I love Hummer, but if you give me an equal choice between brand new S500 or Hummer, I don't know which I will pick, especially after 3 years of Hummer fun, I tend to make total shift in vehicle ownership. They may just gave you the numbers and see when you pass out. Smart move to move upmarket. Is Hummer H2 the most expensive vehicle ever from GM?