H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Hummer Professional

2xtreme is off the scale

Sewie how do you like the CB radio you installed back in Oct. Is everything working good, and or have you changed anything from your origional install? Wondering because I am thinking about installing one in my H3.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Hummer Professional

H3HUMVEE is off the scale

thanks for the pictures and info .. I'm getting ready to install a yaesu 897 in my H3
Old 12-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2xtreme:
Sewie how do you like the CB radio you installed back in Oct. Is everything working good, and or have you changed anything from your origional install? Wondering because I am thinking about installing one in my H3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything's working ok but I am thinking about moving the antenna to the rear bumper and adding a spring mount. Most of the areas I've been I can't leave the antenna up so transmitting sucks.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Hummer Professional

2xtreme is off the scale

keep us posted on the changes, and you did so well at posting pics of the install the 1st time it would be a shame if you didn't this time. thanks for the reply.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

I just installed the same CB. I just tapped into the power for the right CIg lighter socket. It is power on all the time and the wires are right there.
I have ordered a new antenna mount so I can mount the antenna on the left front fender in the same (but opposite) position as the radio antenna on the right.
I ordered a 4 foot Firestik so I can flag it when necessary, but I think I will order a 2 footer for around town.

Thanks for the great shots and info.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you know the cig/accy lighter/ socket shuts off after 20 min(of shutting off truck) if accy is left on.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Hummer Expert

MarK M is an unknown quantity at this point

CB install looks nice!

question... with the motorola talkabouts whats the need for CB's?

regards,
Old 12-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
Just to let you know the cig/accy lighter/ socket shuts off after 20 min(of shutting off truck) if accy is left on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should never shut off, until the battery goes dead. Per the wiring diagrams, the accessory power outlets are powered directly from the B+ terminal of the battery, through one of two fuses. One 20A fuse (#51) protects one of the front accessory plugs, and a 30A fuse (45) protects the other front power outlet, as well as the rear power outlet.
The diagrams show no BCM control over these circuits.
The BCM will power down the interior lights if they are left on, and there is no switch movement for 20 minutes. This prevents the battery from going dead due to interior lights being left on.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fourfourto:
Just to let you know the cig/accy lighter/ socket shuts off after 20 min(of shutting off truck) if accy is left on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A dead battery in the morning contradicts this statement. The Power Supply plugs in the dash are hot all the time and do not turn off in 20 minutes. Found out the hard way.

Got the antenna mounted. It now offsets the factory radio antenna by being mounted on the opposite side in the same location on the fender. Ran the antenna wire from behind glove box, out a grommet hole in the frame above the front door hinge (silicon sealed the grommet when done) up and over the top behind the cowling trim and into the other side fender. This way it was invisible and does not interfere with anything.
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BABHUMV:
Got the antenna mounted. It now offsets the factory radio antenna by being mounted on the opposite side in the same location on the fender. Ran the antenna wire from behind glove box, out a grommet hole in the frame above the front door hinge (silicon sealed the grommet when done) up and over the top behind the cowling trim and into the other side fender. This way it was invisible and does not interfere with anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- do you have a pic from the side?

thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Hummer Professional

BABHUMV is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Green Lantern:
- do you have a pic from the side?

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope these shots help, couldn't get a good angle.
one cool thing, is that you do not see it when driving, the A pillar hides it very nicely.
Attached Images