H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my head managers asked me the other day if he could take 3 clients to play golf which we do on occasion. I told him to wait a few weeks becuase cash flow sucks right now. He said OK and that he understood. I overheard him tell someone "Oh but if he needed money for the Hummer, we'de have cash then." I got pissed and he appologized. I outta can his ass right? I have to deal with this crap from people I dont pay so why should I have to deal with it here, wear I pay his salary! Right!?!?!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Hummer Authority

One of my head managers asked me the other day if he could take 3 clients to play golf which we do on occasion. I told him to wait a few weeks becuase cash flow sucks right now. He said OK and that he understood. I overheard him tell someone "Oh but if he needed money for the Hummer, we'de have cash then." I got pissed and he appologized. I outta can his ass right? I have to deal with this crap from people I dont pay so why should I have to deal with it here, wear I pay his salary! Right!?!?!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
...probably has cell phone withdrawals......

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in a "professional" environment (i.e., Business Casual...as professional as I have ever been)...but I still completely believe that some playful ribbing is necessary every once in a while. Even with the boss, or the bosses boss. That being said...his comments dont appear to be intended as a cute joke or sarcastic comment. That sounds like a cheap shot to me. Can his ass...and hire me. I bet I could do the same job for 1/2 the price.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

He could be a H2S forum member and see's you as
fair game!Give him a MAD FACE.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Bust his ass everyday until he quits!!
Why should you pay his unemployment!

Old 04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

A definite lack of respect on his part....
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Make him wash and wax the H2 as part of his job!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Hummer Authority

UPDATE....

In the words of Donald T "YOUR FIRED!"

"I have worked my ass off for what I have and will not tolerate a man whom I pay quite well to disrespect me in MY BUILDING. Keep your fu%&^ng personal opinions to yourself about me or my possesions from 8-5 Monday - Friday OR be a man and tell me what you think to my face! Now...pack up your office, drive your piece of **** Nissan Pick Up to the local unemployement office. Just go away! Go be a "sandwich artist" or someting but I aint got no use for ya!" is what I just told him.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Hummer Authority

Nice. So when do I start?
Old 04-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
Nice. So when do I start? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can you
say relocate.congrats Shag!!!!Maybe Seth and
Joyce will put you up for awhile.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

You did the right thing. Someone like that can take down morale in a heartbeat. If you made his life miserable, he could sue you for a hostile environment.

To all you non-business owners, what you see is the perks (rewards) that we, as business owners, are entitled to. What you don’t see is the sleepless nights about making payroll, paying the mortgage, etc. We take the risks, why can’t we have the benefits.

As I told an employee when he complained that he couldn’t pay his bills but I had a fancy car – “If I fail and close, you lose a job. I, on the other hand, lose ALL my perks, benefits, rewards and all my other possessions. House and cars included. I am the person taking all the risks, not you.” Then I used the now famous words – You’re fired!

I pay people to work for me, not be my friend. Everyone is here at my place because they are getting paid to do a job. No one works for free. If they are not happy and do not perform, then they are basically “stealing” a paycheck every week.

It’s funny how different everything looks like from this side of the desk.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

James
Phil expressed My sentiments. I have never tolerated that kind of joking as it brings to bare an underlying problem. Now do not get Me wrong I'm one of the first to say turn the other check. But, it does not mean to tolerate a possible chance of sabatoging a business that many others of Your worker family depend on for their living. That attitude could easily be conveyed to customers whether He even realized He did it or not.
Besides what business is it of His how You spend the money of a company You took the risk in starting and He has just enjoyed the by product of Your risk. Anytime an employee did not like what I did or the way I did it I just always asked Who's name is on the signature line of pay check or the name on the business sign. If they wanted a company run differently go take some risk of which He probably does not have the nerve to do.
I would if You have had other problems no matter how small with this guy collect all documentation and when You get paper work from unemployment office You can dispute the claim.
It could be less stress though to be done with it and let Him get the check.
Good Luck on this. Even though I do not believe in luck to the point that I think You make Your own luck.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

As Kenny says; You got to know when to hold em and know when to fold em. Sounds good but just remember, if your the boss.. you never offer an excuse like you did. You just say yes or no. You opened the door for his comment and then got mad when you heard it. If he was any good the way to go would be sure, but I need you to hit that goal we talked about this week? I worked for a dealer with that same excuse wile his jet and new house had no problems. Don't let your emotions get the best of ya big boy.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

I too, own my own businesses. I tend to support James... subversiveness should never be tolerated under any circumstances. That kind of attitude is pervasive and will destroy a business. Joking is one thing, but disrespect and subterfuge will bring down the infrastructure in a heartbeat.

K
Old 04-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Hummer Authority

I have always said insubordinate is my middle name. I challenge everything my boss says with a joke, or sarcastic comment. It just makes life/work more interesting. I just make sure to say it to her face so she knows it is just me joking, not taking shots at her behind her back. Its worked out well so far.

BTW...sorry for the thread jack...its a habit.