H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I first had mine done it was sluggish above 80mph. We fixed that problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you fix it and what was the problem?

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Timing, just reprogrammed it. Of course that was after sending the SC to have the bearings replaced. They needed it, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the episode you told me about a while back, that the SC didn't perform as it should have at first?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Tim everybody has diferent experiences but, I put on dual GM electric fans and is one of the best things i did. I chose them over other brand because they have a ring around the tips of blades that add to strength. many others just have blade out there on it's own. I have flex-a-lite on My truck and like them. I can hear and tell that they are not as smooth and quiet as GM duals with the support ring around blade tips connecting them together.

Plus I figure I regained the HP lost by the parasitic loss of HP by supercharger with electric fans.
Oh and the A/C works so much better now. I had complained many times about A/C not being cold enough. I was considering a rear A/C unit but that idea is solved now. Well the fan solved it all. Then the Hummer dealer told me that this has actually been a fix used on Escalade owners who complained about poor A/C performance and it solved it for them. More and consitent air flow over condenser coils means better A/C cooling.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-03-2005, 01:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

Denny Crane is off the scale

Could you post the part numbers and everything related to change the fan for dual elec. ?

Please ?

D
Old 06-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

W1N: No, this was a warranty issue that LPE took care of.

Tim: We've discussed the electric fans before. Have an interior switch to shut them off when going through deep water. Remember I shredded my fans when I hit deep water. That's no fun on the trail. The ones TAZ has are stronger than the Flex-a-lite.

Denny: The ones Taz has are just GM, dual electric fans. I believe they are for the 2500 series trucks. Any good parts person at the dealership can figure it out for you if no one posts the part numbers. Check with Partsguy, too.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Hummer Authority

Denny Ken is correct about the switch for offroaders. i think the GM fan would hold up but, better safe than sorry and only thing You have to do is remember to turn it off into water and back on. Very cheap insurance for sure.
Go to eadperformance.com and look up
OEM Electric GM Truck Fan.
then go to Nelson Performance and buy the wiring harness He has already built for this purpose. Has relays etc. and can be programmed to turn off and on if You have tuning software or know someone who does. Not handheld programers but, software like HP Tuning.
You will have to cut tranny cooling lines so fan will fit. Cut lines for the room needed and then splice rubber hose between the cut out sections that will be removed to fit fan in. You will have to do this for both lines.
Wiring harness comes with insrtuctions on how to hook it up and the electric fan will not bolt into H2 holes. Line up dual fans and mark where You will need to drill fan shroud. The holes that old fan used will work to bolt on.
Use a rubber washer between shroud and frame and shroud and bolt head. gives some cushion against vibration. Do not over tighten or You bust shroud. I did not take the time but if You can find a metal insert to go in shroud hole so that bolt will pull up snug on spacer it would prevent over tightening and cracking shroud.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-03-2005, 02:17 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

http://nelsonperformance.com/gmparts.htm
Old 09-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Hummer Deity

Fubar is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ:
Denny Ken is correct about the switch for offroaders. i think the GM fan would hold up but, better safe than sorry and only thing You have to do is remember to turn it off into water and back on. Very cheap insurance for sure.
Go to eadperformance.com and look up
OEM Electric GM Truck Fan.
then go to Nelson Performance and buy the wiring harness He has already built for this purpose. Has relays etc. and can be programmed to turn off and on if You have tuning software or know someone who does. Not handheld programers but, software like HP Tuning.
You will have to cut tranny cooling lines so fan will fit. Cut lines for the room needed and then splice rubber hose between the cut out sections that will be removed to fit fan in. You will have to do this for both lines.
Wiring harness comes with insrtuctions on how to hook it up and the electric fan will not bolt into H2 holes. Line up dual fans and mark where You will need to drill fan shroud. The holes that old fan used will work to bolt on.
Use a rubber washer between shroud and frame and shroud and bolt head. gives some cushion against vibration. Do not over tighten or You bust shroud. I did not take the time but if You can find a metal insert to go in shroud hole so that bolt will pull up snug on spacer it would prevent over tightening and cracking shroud.
TAZ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Taz,
I need help.
I need to know who you spoke with at Nelson Performance about this wiring harness and more important I need a part number.

The service manager at my dealership has his parts people trying to track down this info and they are coming up empty.

As a GM/Hummer Dealer they can get the fans for the HD 2500 but they have no idea what your talking about with regards to this harness from Nelson Performance. I've even called Nelson and spoke someone, and sorry I didn't get his name but he and he had no idea what I was talking about.

I'd like to get positive info about this asap so that I can make the Oct Moab run that some of the folks here on the board are going to.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Authority

Fubar not sure what is going on. EADS perf. is no longing caring the fans and Nelsonperformance.com has a harness for the camaro LS1/LT1 and says it will work on trucks using those fans.
Allen is the owners name and I got My harness from Him for the 2500 HD GM dual electric fans. It says the harness will work for FLEX-A-LITE fans also on the harness He shows.
I can only recommend calling and asking for Allen Nelson the owner. He has added other things and may have added employees. He not to long ago worked just by Himself with His wife working the office.
He has other size pulleys for the Magnuson SC. I run the 2.75 at 12 lbs. of boost.
He can do a custom tune even for a stock H2 that will improve performance allot. He will swap the new for the old core and give refund when He gets it back. If You do not like something about it He will change it free.
He has been as good as gold to Me. He has many tunes just sitting on the shelf for many applications.

Just call Him as I'm not sure what is going on.
Sorry I cold not be of more help. Let Me know how it goes.

I just thought of another company that does custom harness. I will check on it tonight and may have something Sat. as a backup.

TAZ
Old 09-17-2005, 04:26 AM
Hummer Deity

Taz,
Thank you for the quick response. I'll get ahold of Allen Monday morning.

The harness isn't for the Flex-a-lite fans. Is it? Tell me the fans in GM's HD 2500 series p/u aren't Flex-a-lite.

That would make this entire ordeal a huge waste of time.

If they are Flex-a-lite I'll go back to the stock clutch fan, which I still have in a box in the garage.

I called Magna-Charger and they tell they've never heard of an H2 over heating as a result of a super charger and that if it is it can't be a result of theres. They asked why I went with electric fans in the first place? They went on to say they have heavily stressed motors with SC's by pulling boats up mountains and never have seen an over heating issue. Personally it sounds like some trying to cover there ass. I've never blamed Magna Charger and didn't do so when I called to inquire about my over heating issue I simply asked for there suggestions on what I should do or proceed.

I've venting sorry.

Taz thanks again for the info.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Fubar the GM fan IS NOT FLEX-A-LITE. Do not even look alike. The GM is a much snugger fit against radiator and fits the factory H2 slots but, bolt patern is a little different as I mentioned before. Do not worry 2 different animals. I went to Allen's website and the harness He had at the time I bought it had it's own picture and said it worked with the 2500 HD electric fans. He made them by hand.

I do know of another company near Me that I found out about after I got Allen's which has been a great harness. They specialize in GM wiring harness's for almost any purpose.
I will be able to get with them Monday and see if they have it or can build it. I will check cost and get with You ASAP. I will give You a call as soon as I talk with them.

Fubar Allen knows without a doubt what You are asking if You had Him on the phone that is. The harness He lists now is not the same description I remember but very close. The one there now mentions about having the manual switch and led. The one before did not have that option but, that is a good thing to have in case of water. It says it will work with LS1 engine so I'm thinking it is the one. The 2500 I would think is a more heavy duty setup and would have the same hook up as the camaro mentioned in the website. Harness had 2 leads to plug directly into the fans themselves with the tab locks and had 3 relays to mount to help control off and on as well as wiring needed to tie in to AC and computer to make fans turn off and on at different temps as well as cut off AC when passing. It lists the features needed to operate the 2500 HD fan if wire gauge is heavy enough. It should have leads to connect to the RED box down below the battery where the instructions Had Me hook to.

We'll get it worked out. I'm confident that this other company can build it as they have been after Me to let them do some work at the custom shop for Dragon and I, as well as help promote them. I just have not needed a harness yet but, do have a need coming soon and they have asked Me to help promote them which I will be happy to, so I hope they will let people I want to help deal direct with them. I will try to arrange to get them to let You order it Yourself unless they insist on going through Me and it should not be that way I do not think.

TAZ
Old 09-18-2005, 03:55 AM
Hummer Deity

Taz thanks for all the info and the help. Check your PM.

I don't know what Towbin Hummer's service manager and parts people are looking at or doing. Besides stalling for cooler weather so no matter what they do to my truck they can say look we fixed your problem...
From what you've just posted it sounds pretty clear that this will work. All I can think of is they are continuing to lie to me in an attempt to cover there asses. Because the contact info for Nelson Performance is on the site and apparently there is a product description for the wiring harness. I have to say that last week when I looked at the link provided by Ken the product discription for the wiring harness was not there on the site or in my anger I missed it somehow.

Thanks again for all your help.