H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snake II:
It is attached with 5 1 1/2" screws. You mark the holes with a templet and drill the holes.

The back does fold almost flat. You don't even notice it. I'll take some more pics in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Screwed, not bolted?
Old 08-12-2005, 04:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snake II:
It is attached with 5 1 1/2" screws. You mark the holes with a templet and drill the holes.

The back does fold almost flat. You don't even notice it. I'll take some more pics in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Screwed, not bolted? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken,

I think the sheet metal screws might be better in this instance, if you were to use bolts, then unless you used the securety-head ones and ran them from the undercarriage to the inside cabin, you would normally have to use conventional nuts on the underside, so someone could simply undo the nuts from the underside and lift the entire box, assuming the person has access to the interior of course, the he might even just take the entire vehicle The sole purpose for me is to satisfy state law, well almost since the clips are kept there as well as I have no intention in loosing them pre-ban high caps..

I had one of these before but could never fit it under the rear seats in my then FX-45, so I gave that away. Now looking at the pix from Snake, the location he has chosen is absolutely perfect on the H2.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:10 AM

RAM H2 RYDER is off the scale

Great Idea, My Stainless Beretta 92 FS Brigadier should fit perfectly in that. I want this setup. Cool thing about it is the fact that it's safe.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAM H2 RYDER:
Great Idea, My Stainless Beretta 92 FS Brigadier should fit perfectly in that. I want this setup. Cool thing about it is the fact that it's safe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These guys have it for $100 shippd, including batteris & security cable, though they charge tax in CA, still not a bad deal IMHO.

http://www.LPSTactical.com
Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Snake...which model is yours?
Old 08-12-2005, 09:24 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sclui56:
These guys have it for $100 shippd, including batteris & security cable, though they charge tax in CA, still not a bad deal IMHO.

http://www.LPSTactical.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I live close enought to them to pick it up locally.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 PM

Snake II is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Snake...which model is yours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have this one.

GV-1000 Mini GunVault Pistol Box GV-1000$118.00

It fits all my full size handguns, Sig Sauer P220 with tac light, Glock 21 with tac lite, Para P13, Beretta 92 Elite II, and my custom Colt 1911.

The metal screws secure it tight. They would need to access the inside of the safe to do that, and well, then they would have your gun.

It's just an extra messure of security and peace of mind. Plus it doesn't take up all the center console space. All you do while seated is reach back under the seat, as if strectching, place your fingers on the grooves and enter your code. The door automatically pops and grab your gun.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

Just a follow-up, these guys (LPS) are fine, got mine in 2 days since I'm in CA as well. The unit came in with the batteries, the security cable is on back-order though.

This unit is the new style which is CA DOJ approved, and I believe Cannon safe now sells these GV units.

Steve
Old 08-14-2005, 03:50 AM

Hey Snake, how did you get the screws in. Are they all in the front of the box or does it come with some kind of mounting bracket? I don't understand how you could get a drill inside of it?
Old 08-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAM H2 RYDER:
Hey Snake, how did you get the screws in. Are they all in the front of the box or does it come with some kind of mounting bracket? I don't understand how you could get a drill inside of it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 6 mounting holes, 3 in the front & 3 towards the rear. The center one in the rear is optional, the two on the sides are slotted (with a keyhole-looking channel). There's a paper template for you to mark the spots & predrill the holes, I skipped the rear middle one as it would be near impossible to get in there even with a right angle rachet as the case tappers towards the back.

After the holes are drilled, you start with the slotted ones in the rear by inserting the screws just before they are fully tightened, then you slide the rear of the case in till it stops, then you can reach in from the front opening to secure the 3 front screws.

I used a right angle rachet from my Chapman gun screw driver kit and was able to tighten everything down, including the 2 in the rear, just takes a bit of time and patience.

I then went ahead & used some black silicone to cover the protruding screws from the underside, and finally slipped some screw protectors over the exposed tips.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine today and installed it! Great fit. Thanks for the suggestion.