H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 02-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Hey Tim, was that truck vault the full width version or the one for when you keep the spare inside? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full width and I added the shotgun dividers inside myself. I used auto. carpet to line the insisdes. It helps to have those dividers in there, keeps the shells seperated and the other gear away from the hunting stuff. I may use this in the SUT yet. I just don't know if I really want to use up all of that room. My recovery gear is already is that side comp. in the bed. custom dog boxes may get built and take up that whole bed anyhow, unless osmeone can figure out where I can get that slant back from the H2H at?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 AM

4churchill is off the scale

timgco im waiting on that slantback too, i hope it comes sooner then later...has anyone looked into the ones they have for the avalanche, and maybe modifying it? im not the most handy person so i wouldnt know what to do, but you never know it might work.....this one isn't pretty but it would do the job

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:
timgco im waiting on that slantback too, i hope it comes sooner then later...has anyone looked into the ones they have for the avalanche, and maybe modifying it? im not the most handy person so i wouldnt know what to do, but you never know it might work.....this one isn't pretty but it would do the job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already called sooooo many places trynig to figure out who made the one for the H2H. Snugtop laughed and siad there isn't a big enough market for them to produce one. The snug top is at a differnet angle and I think the bed width is different also.

looks like you are going to make the prototype in your garage out of cardboard and "duct tape."
Old 02-18-2005, 03:08 AM

i bet a good fabricator with a few weeks and some fiberglass could handle it, i def would like it to slant like the h2h one though.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

rifle is off the scale

Hey Timgco,
I had a carpenter friend of mine make a "Truckvault" like box in the past on my previous Tahoe. If you go to the Truckvault website they have dimensions and materials used in their descriptions (hint). However, if you build one be aware that if you don't use enough reinforcement/thick enough material for the top then the top sags a bit and makes closing the drawer difficult. Esp if you have heavy stuff on top, like a bird dog.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:
i bet a good fabricator with a few weeks and some fiberglass could handle it, i def would like it to slant like the h2h one though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what are you waiting for? Take the bull my the horns. Start developing the slant back. I'm here foral moral support.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rifle:
Hey Timgco,
I had a carpenter friend of mine make a "Truckvault" like box in the past on my previous Tahoe. If you go to the Truckvault website they have dimensions and materials used in their descriptions (hint). However, if you build one be aware that if you don't use enough reinforcement/thick enough material for the top then the top sags a bit and makes closing the drawer difficult. Esp if you have heavy stuff on top, like a bird dog. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I did build one for my 03 before I found the truck vault. I used 3/4". It was heavy as hell, but worked great. the truck vault was more of an accident. I found it on E bay really cheap. now both of my freinds are getting good use out them.
I'll be building one for the SUT some day. Just after I get my slant back.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:59 AM

tim, trust me if i could try i would. i could barely put together a pre-assembled desk im am extremely worthless when it comes to constructing things......well i will def look into seeing who i know who could maybe make this work

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Hummer Guru

tim, trust me if i could try i would. i could barely put together a pre-assembled desk im am extremely worthless when it comes to constructing things......well i will def look into seeing who i know who could maybe make this work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess what we nned to do is find out who built the one for the H2H.
Any GM guys/girls out there have any input on this? please?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:37 PM

Paul L is off the scale

As I said before, I will be happy to build a slant back for free to the person willing to leave his sut at my shop for a few days ......... all others $2000, as I will have the mold for fiberglass slant back.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:05 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul L:
As I said before, I will be happy to build a slant back for free to the person willing to leave his sut at my shop for a few days ......... all others $2000, as I will have the mold for fiberglass slant back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where are you located?
If I got you CAD drawings with 3D dimensions, can you get your hands on the fiberglass, glass window, and gaskets?