Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Off-Roading

Old 03-02-2003, 07:12 PM

Mike97ZJ is off the scale

This is for Soft and anyone else in the New England area that is interested in four wheeling and clubs in the area.

www.newjo.org

New England Willys Jeeps Organization - Founded by a Willys Jeep fan, but is open to anything 4wd. There are Rovers, Jeeps, Toyotas, Nissans, Chevy/GMC's, and I think there is a guy named Manny with a red H1 in the club. They are loacated in southern NH, and do runs throughout NH and ME. I've met the president of the club, Stephen, and he is a GREAT guy. I'm not a member of this club, as I'm in southern MA, and NH is a bit far for me to drive for trail runs. I HAVE gone on a run at Stephen's place, and I had a great time. It was a great trail, and there was a great bunch of guys and gals in the club. They also do charity work, are involved in land use issues, and do trail cleanup and maintenance.

Alot of the members of NEWJO and the other New England clubs frequent www.northeastonlinewheelers.com . It's a message board for people in New England, and has a lot of knowledgeable people and info on trail runs and clubs. I'm a member over there, under the same name.

The only club I currently belong to is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Snipers_Lair_Off-Road/
There are alot of great people in that club also, and it is not make specific. There are Jeeps, fullsizes, Nissans, Suzukis, and even Unimogs in the club. Sniper (Greg) is a great guy, and there is no else I'd rather have as a spotter. This club is also getting involved with land use issues, and will soon be a member of the NEA4WDC (North East Association of 4Wheel Drive Clubs). Alot of the NEWJO members also belong to this club. There are no dues, all you need to do is set up a Yahoo! ID to join the list. They do at least one run a month, and the runs are throughout MA and CT.

Another club is the JonFund, www.jonfund.com
That's another club open to all makes that is heavily into land use issues.

There is also the Mass Mudders, at www.massmudders.com . Once again, not vehicle specific. Based out of Gloucester, MA.

There are other clubs too, such as the Yankee Toys and the Baystate Jeepers, but those are vehicle specific.

I hope this helps.

Oh, another board to check out is www.newenglandonlinewheelers.org.

1997 Grand Cherokee TSi
It's got some lift, skids, and rock rails, among other things.

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

*member of the \"No Hummer Krew\"*
Old 03-02-2003, 07:12 PM

This is for Soft and anyone else in the New England area that is interested in four wheeling and clubs in the area.

www.newjo.org

New England Willys Jeeps Organization - Founded by a Willys Jeep fan, but is open to anything 4wd. There are Rovers, Jeeps, Toyotas, Nissans, Chevy/GMC's, and I think there is a guy named Manny with a red H1 in the club. They are loacated in southern NH, and do runs throughout NH and ME. I've met the president of the club, Stephen, and he is a GREAT guy. I'm not a member of this club, as I'm in southern MA, and NH is a bit far for me to drive for trail runs. I HAVE gone on a run at Stephen's place, and I had a great time. It was a great trail, and there was a great bunch of guys and gals in the club. They also do charity work, are involved in land use issues, and do trail cleanup and maintenance.

Alot of the members of NEWJO and the other New England clubs frequent www.northeastonlinewheelers.com . It's a message board for people in New England, and has a lot of knowledgeable people and info on trail runs and clubs. I'm a member over there, under the same name.

The only club I currently belong to is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Snipers_Lair_Off-Road/
There are alot of great people in that club also, and it is not make specific. There are Jeeps, fullsizes, Nissans, Suzukis, and even Unimogs in the club. Sniper (Greg) is a great guy, and there is no else I'd rather have as a spotter. This club is also getting involved with land use issues, and will soon be a member of the NEA4WDC (North East Association of 4Wheel Drive Clubs). Alot of the NEWJO members also belong to this club. There are no dues, all you need to do is set up a Yahoo! ID to join the list. They do at least one run a month, and the runs are throughout MA and CT.

Another club is the JonFund, www.jonfund.com
That's another club open to all makes that is heavily into land use issues.

There is also the Mass Mudders, at www.massmudders.com . Once again, not vehicle specific. Based out of Gloucester, MA.

There are other clubs too, such as the Yankee Toys and the Baystate Jeepers, but those are vehicle specific.

I hope this helps.

Oh, another board to check out is www.newenglandonlinewheelers.org.

1997 Grand Cherokee TSi
It's got some lift, skids, and rock rails, among other things.

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*

Old 03-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale

thanks mike for the info. i'm gonna check out the jeep one , cause its closer to me........soft... p.s. that wasn't me in north conway----- i wonder who????
Old 03-03-2003, 01:37 AM

Yeah, NEWJO is great. I'm probably going to end up joining myself, even though the runs are quite a drive.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:51 AM

SuperPoser is off the scale

www.ttora.com

the newengland chapter is very active, and has a lot of good guys in it

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm