H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-28-2003, 04:56 PM

visualghummer is off the scale

H2 with only 1,300 miles and now the Air suspension is again having problems... First time, it was a connector on the compresser... Now it looks like the bladder on the driver-side has a leak... each morning the truck is tilted 4-6" down on the left side... Kind'a funny looking from the back side...

Just want to know if others have experienced the same problems... and how the dealership dealt with it... is this a common problem on the H2 Air suspension...

visualhummer
Old 11-28-2003, 04:56 PM

H2 with only 1,300 miles and now the Air suspension is again having problems... First time, it was a connector on the compresser... Now it looks like the bladder on the driver-side has a leak... each morning the truck is tilted 4-6" down on the left side... Kind'a funny looking from the back side...

Just want to know if others have experienced the same problems... and how the dealership dealt with it... is this a common problem on the H2 Air suspension...

visualhummer
Old 11-30-2003, 12:06 AM

alecs wife is off the scale

I have heard story's about people loosing their airbags off-roading and, the mechanic told me that springs are better for the wild.

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-30-2003, 12:26 AM

Centerfire is off the scale

My business neighbor experienced the same thing. His is 10 months old has less then 500 miles on it and the only off roading would be the gravel lot to the back storage buliding.

Mike
Old 11-30-2003, 12:53 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Did a search and could not find what I was looking for, but this has come up before. You are not experiencing an isolated incident, unfortunately.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 11-30-2003, 06:08 PM

unaslob is off the scale

i have heard about alot of problems with the airbags....

hey got a pick of the h2 dropped in one corner... I bet that would look funny.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-30-2003, 11:22 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Maybe now he can add a cadillac escalade grill and have someone to ride around with...

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

Old 12-01-2003, 10:39 AM

Here's a photo just after 4 hours of sitting....
Old 12-01-2003, 10:43 AM

Attachment didn't work... Here's the URL.
http://www.visualg.com/truck01.jpg
Old 12-01-2003, 11:17 AM

cmb31078 is off the scale

It's got the gangsta lean.... Or it is just getting sleepy Let us know what they say. I have the air suspension also and I am curious.

Craig

Old 12-02-2003, 02:34 AM

Dedo-man is off the scale

Hmmm very interesting. I am taking my 04' in tomrw for this exact reason. The tech's advising that they havent herd of this problem before! Im having a problem believing that one!
Ill let you know how things work out. by the way, mine does not have the optional air susp. adjusment.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:43 PM

Well, the story just gets better... The truck went into the shop for 4 days... the rep stated they worked 9 hours on it and came to the conclusion that it was as simple as recalibrating the air suspension, as it looks like the previous dealership did not recalibrate after installing a new compressor...

Fine, I'm go with that... I get the truck back after 4 days... only to have to start leaning again the day after I get it back...

Same side, etc... but now the air pump just keeps on recycling and doesn't stop...

I call up Hummer CS, and explain that I now have to take it into the shop for the third time, and explain I will pull the lemon law if it is not fixed this time...

I hit the dealership this morning... drop off the truck... just got word from them... it's fixed, it was a module now.. Gotta love the hit and miss mechanics...

I'll pick up the truck tomorrow... and let's see if it's fixed...
Old 12-12-2003, 09:18 PM

Now the dealership is saying it's a torsion bar adjustment. I'm leaning roughly 1.5" in the left rear... Will the adjustment actual take this out.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

GM quick fix #95:
Try letting the air out of the passenger side rear tire until the vehicle is level

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM

alextruck is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by visualghummer:

Yes we have also problems. The Display shows "Service Air Suspension" and after that the h2 drops down on the rear axle, the air compressor gets no voltage and we think it is aproblem to the air control module because all the valves except.the one controls the airstream also not powered by an voltage.
Greetings from Overseas Germany Alex
visualhummer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-16-2004, 05:37 PM

Overseas Germany Alex,

Good news... They replace the ACM on mine and the SAS error went away. Yet, it was still leaning to one side.. Then the next trip to the dealership and the adjusted the torsion bar... and that did it.. The truck hasn't had a problem since.

regards,
Jim (Boca Raton, Florida)
Old 01-19-2004, 10:11 PM

alextruck is off the scale

visualghummer,
wish you a nice time with your truck. I have ordered also the ACM but need a little time to come overseas. Mine is still in the workshop. Thanks for the information about the torsion baradjustment i will throw a look also about that.
Regards from "Homeland of beerbrewers" Germany.
Alex
Old 01-27-2004, 05:47 PM

Alex,

Please advise me on the outcome after the new ACM is installed.

One thing I noticed, it seems that the compressor runs a lot... I can hear it a stop lights, etc.... Not like the Ford Expedition that I had that had Air Susp. in it... That Compressor pumped it up and it stayed that way for days... I wouldn't hear the compressor...

It's not that way in the Hummer, I hear that compressor working all the time... Same on yours?

regards,
Jim
Old 01-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the most complained about problems at my local dealer is a "noise coming from the back of the truck". I kid you not. These folks either forgot they had or did not know about the air suspension.

As I understand, the air will kick on anytime the truck feels it is not level and release when it is. Thus you hear it often.

The quick fix, and I need to mention this on another thread, is to get a louder exhaust .

Black Lingenfelter Lux