H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to think that picture was total BS, but I got mine airborne. The guys watching said I caught 3-4 feet of air off of the top of a dune. I was only going maybe 45mph, so if this guy had a better run at it I could see how he did it.
But I doubt the rig was unscathed.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Copied below from here http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...11/index1.html

"We stepped out onto the dunes with the goal of testing the H2s sand-clawing prowess and to snap a few quick pictures of the Hummer having fun. However, the wind was blowing strong and a good sandblasting was the last thing any of us wanted, so we moved with speed. After some hill-climb testing, Steve Daxer was asked to perform a mild jump off one of the dunes for photo purposes -- a challenge he quickly accepted. As the nearly 6700-pound H2 approached the lip of a sizable dune, I knew something memorable was about to happen. Somehow my "not too much speed" request was overlooked, and consequently, the copper H2 sailed off the dune with unbelievable height. We all waited to see exactly how many pieces would explode off the H2 upon landing, but amazingly, the big rig sucked up the crash-down with amazing ability. Steve asked if he should do another jump (for photo purposes, of course) but I figured it was best that we leave while everything remained attached and still functioning."
Old 04-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a great article and I love that pic.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Didn't mean the pic!
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:23 AM

H2 Passion is off the scale

Hi,

let me change my question, if i want to do fast off-Roading and do some jumping.

So, will the H2 be better with the Air suspension?

Will the Air Suspension handle this type of driving? is it made for this type of driving or it’s better without it ?

What are the other benefits of the Air suspension other than lift, towing or extra load.??

Regards
Elie
Old 04-16-2004, 10:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Bevo, we're on the same page.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2 Passion:
Will the Air Suspension handle this type of driving? is it made for this type of driving or it’s better without it ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about neither?
Old 04-16-2004, 01:51 PM

Thanks for everybody, I think I will choose without the Air Suspension as I will not use for lift, Towing and over loading.

And also I see that Air suspension is facing some problem.

The delivery of my new H2 was supposed today but there is some delay until next week, so the dealer give me today a used H2 with Air suspension, I will test it.

This week-end, I will go for Mountain off-road, I will take pictures and video, I will post them here.

Elie
Old 04-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Looking forward to the pics and/or video. Don't hurt yourself!
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Yo Viz,
Still waiting on pics/video... Are you in the hopsital, or did GM put you in jail for destroying a loaner?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:28 AM

Hi,

Of course, I’m still alive and ready for next challenge. Due to the very heavy weight and large dimensions of the H2, we weren't able to do the same as my ex-Wrangler.[The H2 went to some places where the Wrangler was and still dreaming about].

Pictures and Video will come; I’m preparing a website to post them.

P.S: My calculation of Inch was incorrect, as we use here cm and not inches and Km instead of Miles. So instead of 15 inch it's 15 cm, and instead of 60 miles it's 60km, but I don’t think it will be done with the H2.

Regards
Elie
Old 04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Sorry Viz,
Should have been replying to H2 Passion. OK H2P, tell us all about your exploits!