H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

Finally Here is the real deal! High and Low beam Conversion and it does not cost an arm and a leg. I have Done the 1400.00 Delta HID and the longest THEY went without failing was a 2 week period. the 3rd time they failed I pulled them and sent them back. This looks like the ticket and my set is in the mail.
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=2\

Technical specifications:

Bulb Type: 9007
Color & Light Output:HID Bulb Color Temperature
(Kelvin) Light Output
(Lumen)
Golden Yellow 3000K 3400 (Brightest)
Crystal White 4300K 3300
Diamond Blue 6000K 3200
Deep Blue 8000K 3100
Violet Purple 10000K 3000

Life Span: Over 3200 Hours
Voltage Range: DC 10V-16V
Rated Voltage: DC 13.2V
Rated Current: 3.2A
Output: 35W
Working Temp: -40 to 105 F
Reverse Connection Protection: Yes - No damage to ballasts & bulbs)
Short Circuit Protection: Yes - Lock protection against continuous & long-time short circuit
Open Circuit Protection: Yes - Recover when reboot, lock protection in 0.2s after open circuit
Water & Weather Proof: Yes - 100%
High Voltage Test: GND:500Vdc/1 min>10mA
Isolated Resistance: GND > 100M Ohm
Dimensional specifications:

Ballast Module: 2.75" x 2.75" x 1.25"
20" wiring harness to igniter
24" wiring harness to power source

Factory Warranty:

2 years, except 1 year for bulbs
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Hummer Professional

Finally Here is the real deal! High and Low beam Conversion and it does not cost an arm and a leg. I have Done the 1400.00 Delta HID and the longest THEY went without failing was a 2 week period. the 3rd time they failed I pulled them and sent them back. This looks like the ticket and my set is in the mail.
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2\

(Kelvin) Light Output
(Lumen)
Crystal White 4300K 3300
Diamond Blue 6000K 3200
Deep Blue 8000K 3100

Short Circuit Protection: Yes - Lock protection against continuous & long-time short circuit
Open Circuit Protection: Yes - Recover when reboot, lock protection in 0.2s after open circuit

Factory Warranty:

2 years, except 1 year for bulbs
Old 11-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

The pic you have posted is for a low beam set only. The bi-xenon's use a motor to lower a shield and allow the same light/beam to project further down the road. Check this out: http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=37
We have done quite a few of these on H2's as of late and have not had any problems with them. They are easy to install, use oem style projectors (which really sets them above the typical bulb only replacements), and are truly high/low beam in one sealed unit. The ignitor is internal and you cimply mount the ballast right next to the light and plug it in--no need to run any extra 12v wires as you do with the retro kits.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Anything that simply replaces the bulb and uses the stock reflector assembly is going to leave you in want. The stock buckets are just cheap and crappy and do not do a good job of handling the beam with any bulb replacement.

If you want to get HIDs, get something that replaces the whole assembly, buckets and all.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 PM

H222 is off the scale

this kit is very similar to the one i have on my truck. to everyone who thinks you need expensive projector housings or for that matter high beam has not seen these bulbs in action. say what you want but these kits are inexpensive and crazy effective. along with my hummer i also replaced the H4 high beam in my G35 (along with an upgraded 6000K bulb in the factory HID location) with these on it throws a beam, no kidding, like a mile down the road. even my 89 EF civic hatch has this a set and they throw out crazy amounts of light with headlight assemblies that are over 15 years old. bottom line HID kits even if they are just bulb replacement work very well
HID\'s
www.tintmasters.net
www.boozemob.com
www.solidperformanceinc.net
Old 11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Banned

Sorry, you are a little mistaken. I, personally have indeed seen them in action. They were the only thing available back in 2002 when I bought my truck and they sucked. I ended up getting Sylvania Xenarcs. Not projector, not expensive and with halogen high-beams. Simply put, the stock buckets on the H2 do not diffuse the light worth a crap.

If you like your setup, fine. That's all that matters for you.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

Here's my take on it....

If you're going to spend the money on a HID Bulb/ballast upgrade, you're better off spending a few dollars more and upgrade the reflector assembly as well.

The HID Bulb/Ballast upgrade with the stock reflectors will work better than the stock bulbs. You will get some increased light on the road. Cost - the cost of the HID Bulb/Ballast combo. This combination WILL throw more light onto oncoming traffic.

If you did a HID Bulb/Ballast and Reflector upgrade with a DOT spec Hella H4 (Part # 70477), you'll get a really good effective light combination. Cost - the cost of the HID Bulb/Ballast combo and 80 bucks for upgraded DOT/SAE spec reflectors. This combo will not throw as much light onto oncoming traffic.

If you did a HID Bulb/Ballast and Reflector upgrade with a E-Code spec Hella H4 (Part # 40476), you'd get very good to excellent light coverage that nears dedicated projectors. Cost - the cost of the HID Bulb/Ballast combo and 80 bucks for the upgraded E-Code spec reflectors. This combo will throw the light on the road and up towards the right hand side for sign lighting.

Of course, going to something like the XE7 type projectors gives you the absolute best combination, since they have tuned glass that compliments and enhances the output of the bulbs. That's the most expensive combination.

Just my .02. I'm doing the E-code spec thing once I get some additional wiring upgrades done on my truck.

-Steve
Old 11-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Projectors produce a far better light pattern than do any of the retro kits (I have personally sold and installed many of both and sell the exact kit referenced above). The retro kit is a huge leap over the oem flashlights, but tends to give an 'everywhere' or sloppy light refraction pattern and wastes a good portion of what is produced. Projectors do just that--project the light exactly where needed while not blinding oncoming traffic. If you want bang for the buck, do the retro kit, but if you want the best possible lighting solution to date, nothing beats true projection HID (for driving anyway--I am sure there are some dirivng around with 50 bazillion candlepower light bars!!).

However, I do believe that many states and the federal dot have recently passed laws making it illegal to put HID's on any vehicle that did not come from the factory with them. All the dealers that were selling kits in the US closed or moved up north of the border (at least the ones we dealt with).
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

The crappy light pattern is due to bad reflector and glass pattern designs. Blame the DOT and SAE for using a 1950's era spec in the 21st Century. No matter which bulb someone uses, bad light patterns plus more light output equals a crappy light pattern.

I've seen good quality reflectors (I love Hellas because they work great, and have excellent light positioning and patterns) work very well with retro kits. The Vision Plus (DOT/SAE Spec) is nice, but the E-Code spec is killer with a decently built retro kit - as long as the bulbs are within the 5800 to 6200k range.

As for the new laws - it's mainly to help reduce glare complaints. Again, if the headlights were decently done, it didn't matter what bulb was in it. Pattern and light aiming is the key - not the bulb. But then, the politicians always know what's best for us anyways....right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
Projectors produce a far better light pattern than do any of the retro kits (I have personally sold and installed many of both and sell the exact kit referenced above). The retro kit is a huge leap over the oem flashlights, but tends to give an 'everywhere' or sloppy light refraction pattern and wastes a good portion of what is produced. Projectors do just that--project the light exactly where needed while not blinding oncoming traffic. If you want bang for the buck, do the retro kit, but if you want the best possible lighting solution to date, nothing beats true projection HID (for driving anyway--I am sure there are some dirivng around with 50 bazillion candlepower light bars!!).

However, I do believe that many states and the federal dot have recently passed laws making it illegal to put HID's on any vehicle that did not come from the factory with them. All the dealers that were selling kits in the US closed or moved up north of the border (at least the ones we dealt with). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I happen to have a set of Hella Projector Bixenons, retrofitted to my OEM housing. I have 0 problem with light scatter. The lght is bright and white with a very nice cut off. Back a few years ago there were no other housings available so I had to use the OEM. Although I have no complaints about mine if I were doing it now I would try to locate a better housing (if there is 1) and I would stay with the projectors!
my .02

low beam:

High beam:

Old 11-11-2005, 05:10 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

NJ H2,

would you provide the product number for those. Those like first real bi-xenons I'we seen around for H2.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
I happen to have a set of Hella Projector Bixenons, retrofitted to my OEM housing. I have 0 problem with light scatter. The lght is bright and white with a very nice cut off. Back a few years ago there were no other housings available so I had to use the OEM. Although I have no complaints about mine if I were doing it now I would try to locate a better housing (if there is 1) and I would stay with the projectors!
my .02

low beam:

High beam:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yours are not using the stock reflectors to diffuse the light though. Yours is still a true projector style and are using the buckets just to "hold" the light assembly in place.

I forgot about your setup. Mine are not projectors and there are hot and cold spots. I have projectors on my Denali and the light pattern is smooth. I like the way yours looks and will go that route when something happens to one of my Xenarcs.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
NJ H2,

would you provide the product number for those. Those like first real bi-xenons I'we seen around for H2.

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://hidtech.com/projects/04hummer.html
Old 11-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Hummer Professional

This Item Has High and Low Beam as an option. I have ordered them. Simply go the ordering page and Select the High and Low from the drop down you can also select the Color of the beam you desire at that point. These are one third the price of the Deltas. They are also guarnteed Waterproof, There is a Video showing these being put into a fish tank with live fish in it While Lit. I'm sure if you go to the site and elplor the options manu of you will be as SOLD as I was. I have first hand experience with the delta product and would never go that route again.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by md_sailor:
This Item Has High and Low Beam as an option. I have ordered them. Simply go the ordering page and Select the High and Low from the drop down you can also select the Color of the beam you desire at that point. These are one third the price of the Deltas. They are also guarnteed Waterproof, There is a Video showing these being put into a fish tank with live fish in it While Lit. I'm sure if you go to the site and elplor the options manu of you will be as SOLD as I was. I have first hand experience with the delta product and would never go that route again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I got a set of the Delta reverse lights and continue to have nothing but problems with them. They can take a beating and took a good one in Moab, but the bulb is not grounded properly causing me to need to go in and rewire it so that it doesn't quit burning periodically.

Apparently, Delta products leave a lot to be desired.

As far as your HIDs, the biggest problems is that the stock headlight buckets do not spread ANY light very well. So it really doesn't matter how good a bulb you put in it. But, some here are happy with theirs and you may be with yours.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Sorry about the Typo's Coffee has kicked in and my fingers are wandering.....too much caffene
Old 11-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Hummer Professional

Jesus....Caffeine
Old 11-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Hummer Professional

I agree on the buckets Paragon, But we can all agree that Stock is grossly inadequate for the Hummer. Brighter HAS to be better even if its not as well focused as it could be.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Professional

While i am on the subject of the DELTA HID's I'll mention another Pet Peve I had with the system. They Tout their Austrian Cut crystal lens's Has anyone else noticed that they send 2 Left lenses? They are asymmetrical. When I was tuning them at night with the beams shining on the Garage Door there was a obvious dead space at the Bottom right pattern of the passenger side beam. You would think that for 1400.00 they could afford to buy Left and Right Crystals?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Please provide feeback once you install it. Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by md_sailor:
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2\

(Kelvin) Light Output
(Lumen)
Crystal White 4300K 3300
Diamond Blue 6000K 3200
Deep Blue 8000K 3100

Factory Warranty:

2 years, except 1 year for bulbs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>