H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Saad

Default Re: my car...

its all good
i dont have pix of the other car, i didnt have my camera.
but the other car was some chrysler i believe. Just a dented fender and a blown tire - nothing bad at all.

My car got the most damage.
I hope its not too bad. the body im not worried about, doesnt look bad at all.
the suspension scares me. looks like the leaf spring things (ya i dont know technical terms) looks like it broke in the back. and what is that yellow thing in the front that looks like it came off? shock absorber? does the front look messed up to you? i know the passanger rear tire/rim looks warped ( the way it sits) is that a broken axil or something?

can you guys tell from pix?
i have to wait for insurance =/
Old 04-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad
Pix as promised...
now to the haters, do you believe me?

Nobody is "hating." Read your posts, you say car instead of truck, instead of describing what happened, you kept saying your "car got ROCKEDDDDDDDDDDDD".

Then you say the other car just had slight fender damage, changed his tire, and drove off.

Then we see a small post count, so it sounded suspiscious. I didn't check your join date, but saw a tiny post count and figured you might be trolling. My apologies.

Anyway, that sucks big time, can you give us the details, what speeds were involved, what kind of vehicle the other "car" was? Where were you on the road vs him?

Hope everything turns out good.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
its all good
i dont have pix of the other car, i didnt have my camera.
but the other car was some chrysler i believe. Just a dented fender and a blown tire - nothing bad at all.

My car got the most damage.
I hope its not too bad. the body im not worried about, doesnt look bad at all.
the suspension scares me. looks like the leaf spring things (ya i dont know technical terms) looks like it broke in the back. and what is that yellow thing in the front that looks like it came off? shock absorber? does the front look messed up to you? i know the passanger rear tire/rim looks warped ( the way it sits) is that a broken axil or something?

can you guys tell from pix?
i have to wait for insurance =/

from the looks of the pics the rear of the leaf hanger should be an easy fix if done by a qualified mechanic. why dont you take a pic of the wheel thats sitting wrong from the back (along the axle). might be easier to tell whats up. maybe bent or just shifted, donno how tough those things are. since insurance is paying dont sweat it. make sure you take it to a good body shop/mechanic and you wont have a problem.

The yellow thing is nothing at all, well kinda. Its just a ruber peice, their like little bumpers for the suspension. you got one at each wheel. even with that gone you got no problem at all. If i was you i would pull it off so it doesnt get lost and then have the mechanic just put it into place, or you could even do it yourself.

good luck.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Saad

all good.
ya i guess by car i meant Truck. My mistake.

i was driving at about 40 miles an hour through an intersection as the light was turning yellow...no one in front of me so there was no need to slow down and just headed through the yellow light, not thinking anything of it.
Well the jackass in the lane to my right decided to brake causing the guy behind him (his stupid friend not paying attention) to swirve into my lane to avoid hitting his friend.

His front drivers side fender (silver chrysler) hit the back passenger side rear side/tire and caused me to spin out.

im guess as i was spinning the drivers side rear tire popped and made me spin some more and just keep skidding for a good 50 feet or so.

- Ill get more pix of the suspension - prob tomorrow when theres more light out.

is it gonna be salvaged now?
thats gonna blow..new car, with less then 10k !! =/
Old 04-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Always remember steer into the skid.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

With that amount of damage, it is unlikely that a salvage title will be issued in my opinion. I think that first requires the vehicle to be considered "totaled", which may mean the monetary expenses are too much to make it worth fixing, which on some high-end cars doesn't take much. But this vehicle should be just fine. Like others said, just take it to a good shop.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Hummer Authority

SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ROCKEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD

what dat?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Steve - SanJose

smack dab