Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 10-28-2006, 04:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis Lorenz is off the scale
Default Re: OK, now that's just mean Rush!

Nobody?s Opinion; Last night, during the World Series seventh inning stretch, I fell into a dream.
I tell you this because here in Missouri we are being asked, just like California was asked, to vote yes on stem-cell research.
Michael J. Fox has been appearing on the commercials here, begging us to cure him.
I?m sure that?s why I had the dream?.
And sitting around the table were some pretty familiar faces: Michael J. Fox, Claire McCastkill, Charles Ostman (a scientist from Berkeley), James D. Watson, (discoverer double helix DNA) Dr. Danforth (father of former Senator John Danforth) and my little dog Zippy,?who was sitting in a chair next to Michael J. Fox.
?Hey, let?s get this over. This is your dream, and we have more important things to do besides spend time here, what do you want?? said John Danforth, who was sitting next to his famous doctor father. (Who is also doing commercials here for stem-cell approval)

?Well, I live here in Missouri, and I just want put some questions to you guys, because frankly, I?m a little confused here on this stem-cell stuff. You guys are saying that if the stem-cell research gets lots of money from the federal government, all the cures for all the diseases on the earth are going to save everyone that has any disease?Gee, I?ve been watching Jerry Lewis telethons since I was a kid, and they still haven?t found a cure for muscular dystrophy. I don?t know how much longer Jerry can keep it up. He raises millions every year, and no cure. And how much money has been given to the March of Dimes, and to cancer and HIV, and still there is no cure? Why should stem-cell be any different when even venture capitalist won?t fund it because the cells from embryos have a tendency to grow tumors?? I said.
Claire McCaskill, not looking like her usual perky self since she knew I was an independent conservative and not likely to vote for her said;
?Well, that?s the problem. We could cure all of humanity but because of you religious zealots who think that a bunch of cells is a baby, when it?s really just a bunch of cells, and has no idea it even exists and therefore feels no pain if it is killed, using it for the benefit of mankind to cure disease is the only way for all of humanity to go forward, instead of into the dark ages as you insist on keeping us because there is no God of the Bible you moron. You guys are holding back progress and all of humanity. ?

?Tell me Claire, isn?t a cell, even an hour after the sperm and egg join, genetically a different entity from the mother that?s carrying it?? I said. ?I mean, she is ?hosting? it and caring for it, just as she would do once it was born and still growing? And besides, private companies are already doing this research at Stanford, and that company Geron has over 6,500 patents on genes.?
Bill Gates,(Who has put his 2 million for stem-cell research in a Chinese university.) Mike Bloomberg, the founder of E-Bay: lots of people are pouring money into stem-cell research. Why do the taxpayers ONCE again have to fund this stuff. Why do WE always have to pay the universities, who in turn get rich, while the students have to pay higher and higher tuition, unless of course if they are foreign, or illegal, then they get a discount.?
If I was sounding a little jealous, I was.
?You may not clone people (even thought the amendment says you will be able to) but all these Chinese students working at the universities can steal whatever secrets that are found in the laboratories, and go back to China?what good are all your patents then? They do it with everything else. Just like everything, the American taxpayer pays for it, and the other countries like Japan and China, go and make it and come back and charge us higher prices. The taxpayers not only pay to protect their borders, we pay for their technology.?
Being a nobody who pays lots of taxes, I thought I?d bring that up.
The man sitting in the corner, being ignored by everyone, James Watson, leaned back in his chair, and scratched his chin; he looked at Claire and spoke. ?Yeah, it reminds me of all that I went through with the DNA stuff.? (James Watson with Francis Click discovered the Double Helix of DNA)
?Bill Clinton and Tony Blair were so excited about discovering the genetic makeup of humans that they started the Human Genome Project (an international company) mapping the genes. I quit in 1992 when I got into an argument with Bernadine Healy (Harvard) who insisted on patenting human cells, and genes, I still think that is dead wrong.?
Zippy: ?Ruff, whooooo, ruff.?
?Why? Why can?t we patent a gene?? said Michael J. Fox. ?Who cares who makes the money off these genes if it saves one life? If it gives us hope? Why do you always think scientists are going to do evil things with this stuff??

For some reason, Michael was not moving around in my dream; ?Hi Michael,? I said. ?Hey I really loved you in all those Back to the Future movies!?
Michael, ?Thanks, but really?did you know that in vitro fertilization they throw away about 100,000 perfectly good eggs each year? They just kill them. Why can?t we use them??
Nobody: ?Well, I don?t know Michael, that?s a good question. Do these eggs belong to the donors? Aren?t the liberals always saying it?s a woman?s right to choose? And if she can get an abortion, then she has a right to choose to kill her vitro eggs instead of giving them to you. Maybe you should take that up with the Congress.?
?Anyway I it takes about 5 to 8 million harvested eggs just to make therapeutic cloning possible. That?s a lot of eggs for one cure. Already Russian girls and Chinese girls are selling eggs on the black market. That?s a lot of ?potential life? being sacrificed for a few rich people.?
Michael, ?Hey wait, what makes you think only the rich will get this? ?
Nobody: ?Well, being as there are so many people that can?t even afford to go to the doctor for a cold, what makes you think that insurance or Medicare is going to pay for this expensive treatment for nobody?s like me, especially if they are over 65??
?Ruff!? said Zippy.
Charles Ostman, who had up to this time been winking at Claire every time she made a grumpy face jumped in. ?Look, it?s very important that we get started on this. All over the world they are already working on cloning, and if we don?t get started, we will be far behind. ?

Nobody: ?Oh, yeah, I heard you on Coast to Coast. You work for the Global Futures, and the American Council for the United Nations University. You do work in artificial intelligence, nano electronics, and Legendary Pharmaceuticals. I guess some of these body parts you want to clone will come in handy in inventing artificial brains, and nano transistor phones with human brains, or maybe you could make my dog speak?getting into those embryo cells opens up a whole new world of patents and products for you guys.?
Charles; ?Hey, we need this. Our universities need the money. If we don?t get the money from the government, it?s going to be bad. It?s not smart to let private companies get these patents because they won?t share the knowledge with the rest of the scientists.
Nobody: ?Hey, I thought that was the point. Don?t you think we could use more companies making products in the United States since we have lost our manufacturing bases and seem to be just a country of Wal-Marts, McDonalds, Starbucks, and gas stations? Is this all about giving the government more employees because we have no other industries? Or is this about competition with the scientists who work for the universities who want part of the big global pie? Are is this about the govenment owning our very genes?
Any way you look at it, even if the cure comes, it will be at the expense of the poor guy, who will never benefit from it because Michael J. Fox, will pay 2 million for his cure, and the rest of us will not be able to afford it. So it?s another thing for the elites?because it?s all about the money.?
Michael: ?Wait a minute; wouldn?t you want your dog cloned??
Nobody; ?The guy who had a pet cloning business claimed bankruptcy. Zippy, do you want to be cloned??
Zippy; ?Ruuuuuff.?
Nobody; ?See??
Everyone got up to go. They were all disgusted. ?Well, you?re wrong?and you?re cruel and stupid.? I didn?t catch who said that.
It was just me and Zippy left. Nobody?s Perfect?Okay, this is long I know, but to cover all the points of view it seemed necessary.
Nobody Knows? This research is being done as we speak. The MAIN reason this is being pushed in Missouri is to get Claire McCaskill elected over Jim Talent. They are just using stem cell research and Michael J. Fox as a final push to get her in, otherwise she might lose.
Nobody Cares? Most of this stuff about stem-cell is once again, promoting ideals against the religious view that the individual is important and every individual has a right to life which is the conservative view, as oppose to every life should be sacrifice for the many, the liberal view.
I think enough boys are sacrificing their lives right now for the liberals to want to tax their wives at home for the cures that only they will be able to afford.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/

Limbaugh mocks Michael J. Fox political ad
Conservative talk show host accuses actor of faking Parkinson's disease

How could Micheal be faking it?

He was born in Canada.

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA!!! The dumb little fidget hasn't even read the initiative he's helping to promote. When the interview goes away from his talking points he has no idea WTF he's talking about. What a dickhead.
http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/story?id=2613377&page=2
Old 10-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
HAHA!!! The dumb little fidget hasn't even read the initiative he's helping to promote. When the interview goes away from his talking points he has no idea WTF he's talking about. What a dickhead.
http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/story?id=2613377&page=2

Michael P. Keaton is not dumb.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Michael P. Keaton is not dumb.

Alex P Keaton. Michael is the comedian (220, 221. What ever it takes)

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 10-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Hummer Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
Alex P Keaton. Michael is the comedian (220, 221. What ever it takes)

Oh yeah. I thought it sounded funny.

You know I found that the 'P' never stood for anything. I am rather disappointed.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh yeah. I thought it sounded funny.

You know I found that the 'P' never stood for anything. I am rather disappointed.

Really? P is nothing? Ha! <Johnny Carson voice>: I did not know that.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Hummer Deity

Old 10-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

So, the consensus is, he exaggerated his symptoms to pander to the camera because he feels that those with the illness have to go into hiding?

And now, WE, the public, should take him at his word because he has an illness and has no agenda here? His word as an actor.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Hummer Deity

I once was kicked out of private school for faking Tourette's.

True story.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
So, the consensus is, he exaggerated his symptoms to pander to the camera because he feels that those with the illness have to go into hiding?

And now, WE, the public, should take him at his word because he has an illness and has no agenda here? His word as an actor.
Yes. Of course. And we have to believe the all those listed here:

Liberal Celebrity list.

The worst:
http://www.celiberal.com/theWhineRack.php

Those that aren't quite the worst:
http://www.celiberal.com/theCeliberals.php

Those that lean to the right (Not sure about many on this list):
http://www.celiberal.com/theRighties.php

Last edited by KenP : 10-30-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I once was kicked out of private school for faking Tourette's.

True story.

Speaking of Tourettes, maybe the Democrats can get the Tourettes Guy to do a few commercials for them. He has Tourettes

http://www.tourettesguy.com/