H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

GasGuzzler is off the scale

Hi all

Moved this topic from the general area.

I called Los Gatos Hummer and asked about it. The service manager said that it could be true but I have to be exact on which "updated programming" I am talking about.

So, does anyone know which "updated programming" I have to ask for? I found this info from Factory code download
Hummer Veteran

Hi all

I called Los Gatos Hummer and asked about it. The service manager said that it could be true but I have to be exact on which "updated programming" I am talking about.

So, does anyone know which "updated programming" I have to ask for? I found this info from Factory code download
Hummer Veteran

Hi all

Old 07-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a good link to GM's site where you can see all the firmware updates available:

http://calid.gm.com/vci/VINEntryPre.do
Old 07-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I had already tried that because I took mine in to get some stuff done today. I couldn't tell much by it so I told my service guy to update my programming on everything as I had heard there was new programming that provides better settings for the engine.

I'll post as soon as I get it back, I assume tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:05 PM

Jigga is off the scale

well paragon if rogersdabbs will do it let me know and maybe i'll swing by next time i'm down there
Old 07-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks, Klaus. I ll check it tonight. I am bringing the truck to the dealer tomorrow for the non-operational auto volume feature.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jigga:
well paragon if rogersdabbs will do it let me know and maybe i'll swing by next time i'm down there <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Rogers/Dabbs will do it. I don't have part numbers or any information yet because my $150, 3 month old Optima Yellow Top battery went bad and they couldn't do anything with my truck. Of course, I had no idea where I bought the battery, had no receipt, so I had to buy a new Optima and wait until the battery place "tests" my 3 month old Optima before they will credit the money.

Anyway, I talked with Gerald (main Hummer Service Tech) and he said he will update me with all new programming updates and there is one on the engine that helps with the throttle body fouling. He didn't know off hand what the other updates were but it should show up on my printout, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hi all

Klaus's link works. Our H2's missing firmware update is attached. I believe what I am most interested in is:

12593058 NEW SOFTWARE TO ADDRESS IDLE SURGE CONDITION CAUSED BY THROTTLE BODY COKING.

Thanks, Klaus! I am taking our H2 in tomorrow morning.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2004, 02:19 PM
Banned

Ok, got my truck back and here is what was updated:<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>reprogrammed air suspension module with new cal # 15233125 & 15233124
<LI>reprogrammed HVAC module with new cal # 1505218, 15105971, 15105970
<LI>reprogrammed PCM with updated cal # 12593058, 12592278, 12592279, 12592280
<LI>Optima battery had bad cell replaced with customer supplied battery[/list]
Old 07-30-2004, 05:14 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

So Paragon, whats the perfornance diff!!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

The dealer is keeping my truck until Monday. The technician apparently has never done this before and the first attempt made the engine not to start. They are calling Hummer next Monday to open a tech case...

I do have a loaner(Tahoe) to get around....
Old 07-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
So Paragon, whats the perfornance diff!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well I was driving a Tahoe with less than a hundred miles on it for the past 2 days and it has much more throttle response than the H2. So, I can't say that there is any performance increase. I did reset the DIC for the mileage and I sat idling for about 15 minutes and drove about 65 miles to the ranch and the mileage is up from 10.5 to 11.9, so it might be getting better mileage.

I am going to try it for a few weeks and then try to play with it with the Predator Programmer to see if I can increase the performance.

On that thought, it does seem to shift better than the stock tune from before. It reacts faster. Maybe it will be much better after I use the programmer.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:21 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

anyone having problems with gm vehicle calibration site ?, all i get is "getting calibration info"
Old 08-02-2004, 05:09 PM

tourtek is off the scale

To all who have a Performance Programer, such as the Predator... DO NOT attempt to re-install your performance program after having this "updated programing" installed in your computer! I was just in Calif and was experiencing the problem with my idle. I put the stock program back into the vehicle and took it to a dealer to have it looked at. They cleaned the Throttle Body and installed the "updated programing". When i got the vehicle back I tried to re-install the Predator Performance Tune and it " fried the computer". I ended up having to buy a new computer, and they aren't cheap!
It is possible that this was a freak computer malfunction, but I'm almost certain it was a result of the re-flash the dealer performed. I would suggest that anyone with a Performance Programer look into this BEFORE attempting to re-install their performance tune after having the computer upgraded.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Did your Predator say anything like "writing error or script error"?

I have had habitual problems with mine.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:41 PM

tourtek is off the scale

Yeah, that's what it said. I can't remember whether is was a "writing" or "script" error, as I was too busy trying to figure out how get out of the situation at that point! In all honesty am not blaming the programer though, as I have used this thing succesfully for almost a year, and have loaded various custom tunes with it and generally monkeyed around with different advanced settings, and have also gone back to stock to make comparisons on a few occasions. The stock tune had been succesfully re-installed in the computer, prior to the dealer making the changes. I had a gut feeling this might cause a problem, and now wish I'd checked with someone at Diablosport prior to trying to re-install the Predator tune. I think since the Predator tuner permanantly stores your original stock program data, that it saw a different/new program in the computer and locked up. I had a Jett chip I bought when I first bought the vehicle and put that back in last night, with no ill effects. I'm gonna live with it and call it good.I'm going to try and get the Predator re-set but probably won't use it again. They charge $75 for this, and I'll more than likely offer it on this forum, cheap, if I decide to have it done.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

DavidAragon is off the scale

... so what is the verdict? All I have to do is take it in to the dealer and ask them to re-program it?

I got info to come up for mine on the GM site and it gives me a bunch of items; from powertrain to radio to body control module... do I have to ask for each one or just ask them to update everything?

Thanks,
David
Old 08-04-2004, 07:54 PM

C5A4 is off the scale

I emailed Diablosport asking about the upgrades in the programing and this is the reply.

QUESTION: [I have a Predator for my 03 Hummer H2. Hummer has just released a couple new software updates for the engine. If I upload my factory program back in and then take it in for service at my dealer once they update the trucks software will my Predator redownload the new updated software then install the performance tune?]

------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER:

We are aware of these new flashes and if you used the predator it would install the older revision, we are currently working on a upgrade in revision to accomodate this.
johan@diablosport.com

Thank you for your interest in DiabloSport!
Stay tuned,
Johan, a proud member of the DiabloSport Support Team
Old 08-05-2004, 06:52 PM

demj1308 is off the scale

I have a new programmer on the way, from what im getting, i should get the updates from my dealer before initially using the programmer ?