H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rob 4092xx is on a distinguished road
Default Questions from newbie!

I just purchased a 2006 Hummer H3 and am wondering...

1) Is there a way I can connect my iPod to the stereo so I can listed to my music without the use of a FM Modulator? How expensive is this part? How difficult is it to install? Anyone have directions how to install one?

2) My rear bumper does not have a cutout for a trailer hitch. Does this mean my Hummer cannot tow trailers? Is the radiator and transmission cooler smaller? Is there a way to install a hitch without the big bar hanging under the rear bumper? How about the wires? I looked under the bumper and near the license plate light and couldn't find any wires for a electrical plug.

3) I want to permanently remove the spare tire on my rear door. Is there someone who make a cover for the area the mount was on the rear door?

Helpppp!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Elcova Rookie

rippr334 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions from newbie!

Rob,

It looks like it has been a while, but I thought I would help you out on the first question.

I heard lots of good things about this iPod connector and hope to get one soon. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tzW6l6h...120&tab=review

Crutchfield is great with support and will help you with any installation issues. Good luck on the other two.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions from newbie!

There is a good write up on a guy that removed his spare from Canada in 2006 posts, but I can't find it. I remember his '06 Hummer was yellow and he spent lots of time on the conversion and posted several pictures. I know he had problems with air pressure in the car after covering the vent in the back tail gate. He had a custom solid plate made, but later ended up putting the vent in because of air pressure in the cabin. There was also a red one that removed the tire.
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11678&highlight=removing+spare+ti re
As for towing - the non Alpha model with 4500# capacity is really stretching it and really hard on the drivetrain. I towed a 2800# Uhaul trailer out to Dillon in my '06 H3, and performance in the mountains was very marginal. Obviously your H3 did not come with the factory towing package.
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6429
Attached Images

Last edited by HummerJim : 10-17-2010 at 05:30 PM.