H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road
Default Finally! Got rid of the H2

Hi all! Haven't posted on here in a while but used to participate a lot back in the day.
Traded my H2 in the other day.
Kind of a bittersweet event.
I really liked driving the truck but it was the biggest POS that I have ever owned quality wise.
The 4wd system was great! It was like a tractor. Just put it in gear and it would out pull a John Deere.
After the government motors thing and the bath I took on it's value, I will never own another GM product.
5 years old and still under the (extended) warranty. Couldn't let it sit for more than 5 days without the battery going dead.
I thought it would be the perfect vehicle for Mexico until we ended up spending our vacations driving back up to Houston to get the thing serviced or worked on all the time.
Had to replace the shocks and steering stabilizer at 10K miles because every time I hit a bump in the steering would start oscillating. Can you say dangerous?
Had 20k miles on it.
RIP Hummer.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Hummer Professional

Metallic Red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finally! Got rid of the H2

I'm trying to remember, was yours Sunset Orange ? Was it a SUT ?
Sorry to Hear you had so many problems. Mine Has 38,000 miles on it and have had very few problems, pretty much wasted my money on the Extended Warranty. Good Luck with your New Ride !!

HCMI Member 50043
Old 05-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

The H2s keep biting the dust. Saw pictures of two of them upside down after the tornadoes. Yours must have been made on a Monday. I've only been back to the dealer once in four and half years and 58,000 miles and that was for a faulty 4L lock button. I am on my third windshield from rocks too!
I agree that it was a big hit on depreciation, but when they came out everyone wanted one and they wouldn't dicker much on the sticker price. I tried out a Ford Raptor last year and it rode so stiff it was downright uncomfortalbe on anything but the smoothest of paved roads. One thing we do share in common though, is after years of being a GM man, with GTOs, Corvettes, a Cutlass or two, two Impalas, and a Pontiac 2+2 (yep I'm an old fart - past Medicare age) after what GM did to Hummer it left a very sour taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll ever buy a GM prodcut again and my four sons feel the same way.
I still enjoy driving my H2 and we just got home from a nice vacation in the mountains in Colorado with it. I plan on holding on to it until the the end. Sorry to see good people like you go, but GM brought this on themselves with poor marketing and now they are building cookie cutter cars and SUVs. I don't think the Volt is going to be a big savior for them unless the price comes down a lot. People in America love their big SUVs and not many are bigger and better offroad and on the highway than the H2.

Last edited by HummerJim : 05-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

This is my second Hummer H2 and I just bought another last week. Prices have never been better and I picked up a 2007 SUT with nav and 16,000 miles on it in Vermont for $30,900. My 2006 H2 has 78,000 miles on it and has only been in the shop once for a new BCM. It's one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned and this winter with all the snow we had in upstate NY it got through when most other 4 X 4s didn't. We now have two H2s in the garage again and I plan on reengining my '06 down the road and keeping it. I haven't been without an H2 since they first came out. This H2 is the first used vehicle I've ever bought, but it had a clean carfax and the owner had all the sales and maintenance records. I think you're going to miss your H2....eventually.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallic Red
I'm trying to remember, was yours Sunset Orange ? Was it a SUT ?
Sorry to Hear you had so many problems. Mine Has 38,000 miles on it and have had very few problems, pretty much wasted my money on the Extended Warranty. Good Luck with your New Ride !!

Fusion Orange, Limited Edition SUT. There's a bunch of pictures on here from some of my outings.
The car of my dreams turned out to be a nightmare!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
Fusion Orange, Limited Edition SUT. There's a bunch of pictures on here from some of my outings.
The car of my dreams turned out to be a nightmare!

What did you replace the HUMMER with? pics?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:21 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
What did you replace the HUMMER with? pics?

A 2011 SC Raptor with the Hennessey 475 HP VelociRaptor upgrade

Tuxedo black and hard loaded. FWIW: The NAV even works down here in Mexico.

It absolutely rocks!

Here's a photo. She will be sharing garage space with my 06 Rubicon.

Leaving for my 28 day hitch in Africa tomorrow. Gonna seem strange to not have to disconnect the battery while I'm gone. ;-)

How ironic! It just dawned on me that this photo was taken in back of an old Hummer dealership.
Attached Images

Last edited by Vettster : 05-03-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

nice truck. There is quite a bit you can do to those trucks to.
You can raise the coilover in front. second from top perch works well. To perch gets them sitting too hgh in front..although Truxx makes a kit that raises the rear also.

LED lighting kits for these trucks are nice. 20" bar kit, 50" bar kit, and Dually D2 kits.

That 6.2L hauls a$$ too. Love it!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
Hi all! Haven't posted on here in a while but used to participate a lot back in the day.
Traded my H2 in the other day.
Kind of a bittersweet event.
I really liked driving the truck but it was the biggest POS that I have ever owned quality wise.
The 4wd system was great! It was like a tractor. Just put it in gear and it would out pull a John Deere.
After the government motors thing and the bath I took on it's value, I will never own another GM product.
5 years old and still under the (extended) warranty. Couldn't let it sit for more than 5 days without the battery going dead.
I thought it would be the perfect vehicle for Mexico until we ended up spending our vacations driving back up to Houston to get the thing serviced or worked on all the time.
Had to replace the shocks and steering stabilizer at 10K miles because every time I hit a bump in the steering would start oscillating. Can you say dangerous?
Had 20k miles on it.
RIP Hummer.

Sorry about your reliability experience but we've had 3 H2's and all three were the most reliable vehicles we've owned. Okay, maybe my Accord was absolutely trouble free but co,pared to our BMW's, Benz, and especially the Landrover these H2's are extremely reliable. Our current H2 is a 2004 with 70K miles and I've had it for 5 years.

BTW - The reason I've owned a total of 3 H2's and 1 H3 is every time I get rid of one the wife and kids miss it so much I have to get another one. After losing my shorts on the frost three i decided to keep this one till one of us dies.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

Cazador is on a distinguished road

Gorgeous Raptor!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your troubles and your loss...
...but it would be nice if you post back once in a while on this thread to let us know how the Raptor works out for you.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
Sorry to hear about your troubles and your loss...
...but it would be nice if you post back once in a while on this thread to let us know how the Raptor works out for you.

Will do. Already planning some mods for when I get home. I have the winch and cradle from the H2 that I am going to install. Also, complete the installation of the VeliciRaptor kit and re-tune.
After that? Who knows?
Old 05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

I dont understand why they didnt offer the raptor this year with the 3.5L twin turbo motor ("eco boost") offered in the rest of the 150 Line. Anyone who has driven the truck LOVES that motor...nothing against the big block though -).

I like the truck but really need a SUV type vehicle. One with big tires and a great 4wd system stock. Luxury and ruggedness is what I need, and unfortunately that doesnt exist in any vehicle now.

Its out of my price range but a sportchasis P4XL will proboly be in my driveway at some point, although this is too big to fit in the enclosed trailer behind my motorhome....The H2 JUST BARELY FITS!!! Perfect!

Cant win...the H2 left a big void in the marketplace that has yet to be filled!

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

eh my h2 has to get something replaced every oil change, but its always something small like a light burnt out or something techy isnt functioning.

now, i cant wait to see the 4door raptor with a wagon top...
Old 05-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
I dont understand why they didnt offer the raptor this year with the 3.5L twin turbo motor ("eco boost") offered in the rest of the 150 Line. Anyone who has driven the truck LOVES that motor...nothing against the big block though -).--John

I would bet that some of that technology will trickle down to the 5.0 and the 6.2 at some time down the road. Imagine a truck with a 6.2, twin turbo motor. That would be a killer beast.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy
i cant wait to see the 4door raptor with a wagon top...

Check out the Hennessey website. They will build you one to order.