H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 10-17-2004, 10:29 PM

Jerr is off the scale

my car got keyed again and now im wondering where to find car survelliance cameras for a 360degrees around my hummer...does anyone have this or know where to get it ...thanks

Jerr is off the scale

my car got keyed again and now im wondering where to find car survelliance cameras for a 360degrees around my hummer...does anyone have this or know where to get it ...thanks

Jerr is off the scale

Old 10-18-2004, 12:47 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Damn dude...sorry to hear that...where do you live?
Old 10-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you catch the little fuktards.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:17 PM

Jerr is off the scale

in middle georgia
Old 10-19-2004, 03:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

Jerr, did you figure out how you are going to do it and what system you are going to use? Even if you decide not to, your info would be appreciated.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:22 AM

BlingBlingH2 is off the scale

dem H2'z alwayz be gettn keyed up and shizz, its cause H2 ownerz are retarded mofoz for buyn dem 60K Tahoez. If I had an H2 I'd key my own ride. dem H2'z are slop bucketz, keep buyn dem GM wanna be Hummerz, idiotz.

Your POS H2 or H3 is nothing more then a rebadged GM Truck that \"LOOKS\" like a Hummer. Keep buyn dem overpriced POS GM (wanna be Hummer) trucks you idiots
Old 10-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

AfroCreame is off the scale

I just had to

2006 Hummer H3 Lux

Bye
2005 Hummer H2 SUT Lux W/Bling!
2004 Hummer H2 SUV Lux
Old 10-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

ATSI is off the scale

Here's some info on how to set up a vehicle surveillance system. Here is a quick list of what you will need:

1. 2 Marine (deep Cycle) Batteries, costco/walmart/sports authority, get the most amp hour model that you can. Should be in the 90-115amp hr range. You'll need two if you want to run the cameras 24/7 so you can charge the depleted one while running the system with the fresh one. If you have the vehicle in a safe location at night and don't need to run the system 24/7 you can probably get by with one battery. They will probably run in the $75 range each. They will normally last 18hrs at at time, but may take up to 12hrs to charge back up depending on the charger.
2. Marine Battery Charger. $40
3. Get a cheap cooler and take the top off the cooler. This is used to hold the battery so any acid does not leak onto the inside of your car if the battery starts to leak. Make sure you secure the battery and cooler so it does not tip when you turn corners. Some stores will sell plastic battey holders, this will also work if you can find them.
4. You need to decide how many cameras you want to have. If you go with more than one camera, you will need a quad unit (DC) that can compress multiple cameras onto one screen, cheap quads will run around $100 and can compress four cameras onto one screen. For the cameras, I would recommend a small pinhole camera similar to the ones at http://www.cctvwholesalers.com/custo...80&cat=0&page=
The main thing you are looking for is a camera that is good for low light, the lower the lux rating, the better it will work at night. You also want one with a wide angle lens. I would stay away from color cameras if you are going to do any video at night or in parking garages. Mounting the cameras is normally fairly easy just using a product from radio shack, I think they call it skotch lock, it is similar to velcrow, but is made out of a plastic and it works well so you do not have to screw the cameras into your interior.
5. The last thing you will need is a DC time lapse VCR, get a model that can record at least 24 hours on a tape. Some models will go longer, but you want to set the time frame as low as possible so that it takes the most amount of frames per second. I normally use the 12hr setting unless the vehicle will be set out for more than 12hrs. This will be the most expensive purchase, models will probably run $500-$900 depending on the brand. Panasonic makes a good one, but it also runs in the upper 800's. If you only need 8hrs at a time, you can get by using your home vcr and a power inverter.

The last thing you will need to do is to wire the system up. RCA cables are generally used to run the video cables to the quad unit, if you do not use a quad, and just have one camera, the camera cable will go right into the vcr input. Some companies sell cable that has both the rca and power in the same cable, this normally works well, but I have seen some cheap cable where the the video signal goes in and out because of bad video cable or connections. After you run the video cables into the quad, you will then run a single video cable from the quad output into the vcr video in. Depending on the type of vcr and quad, you may need to by some cheap rca/bnc adapters to adapt the different cable connections. Radio Shack again. It will also help to have a small tv set on hand when you do the install so you can view the cameras as you are setting them up. To do this you will run the video out on the vcr to the rca input on the tv.

Next is the power run. All of the cameras, quad unit, and vcr need to be ran to the marine battery, try to use at least 18 guage or lower cable. When you buy the cameras, you can normally buy power extension cables which makes things easier since most of the cameras only have about a 12" lead. Home Depot sells a nice wire nut cable that has an open lead on the one end to connect to the battery and a wire nut on the other end to screw all of the cables into. Normally all black cables will be the negative, and the ones with the white stripe or writing on it will be the positive. Make sure you get this part correct, swiching the polarity will normally ruin the cameras.

One last note, keep your windows cracked slightly, the marine battery can put out some fumes when it is being used.

If you want any help, drop me a private message and I will try to assist you. I also have a lot of spare surveillance parts from the jobs I have done and would be happy to loan some to you.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

05 Desert Tan Sut
Old 10-21-2004, 01:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

Shawn from Angry Iron is off the scale

Jerr where at in central GA are you? I'm in Kathleen maybe we can get together and go wheeling.

Shawn
85 HMMWV

Angry Iron www.angryiron.com
Taking the High Ground
Old 10-21-2004, 12:53 PM

oma is off the scale

I had a Viper 2 way security system installed when I had remote start added. Entire package was around $700. The tech can set the sensitivity of the motion sensor. I recently backed into a parking and left my H2. When I was a few blocks away, my remote signaled that motion was detected. When I got back to my H2, some dork cut too close when they tried to pull into the parking stall next to me. Fortunately, he only grazed my front brushgard and I couldn't even tell he hit it. He did manage to crunch the front quarter panel of his F150. You can find info on the Viper here: http://www.directed.com/security/vip..._responder.asp
Old 10-21-2004, 10:41 PM

icedoutballa is off the scale

ahh that sucks big man...you got any pics?
i want you to ****in' kill those lil biatches!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:07 AM
Hummer Messiah

ATSI, that sounds like a sweet set up you have. Too complicated for me, but I can appreciate it. Go with the four cameras.
Old 10-31-2004, 02:19 PM

Jerr is off the scale

im in macon , i just got both of the scratches fixed , i will post pics in a sec.
1st time)

after)
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2004, 02:20 PM

Jerr is off the scale

1st time)
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2004, 02:22 PM

Jerr is off the scale

my jetski out of the water i pull

on the way to the Tennessee vs. Georgia game in athens
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2004, 02:22 PM

Jerr is off the scale

jetski
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jerr:
jetski <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice ride. I had an XP Limited a couple of years back and had a blast on it! Change the sponsons and the intake grate and thing really goes and handles great.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:05 AM

icedoutballa is off the scale

nice man, it looks brand-new and like nothing ever happened! i hope they jus don't key it again