H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-30-2005, 02:44 AM

H3OH is off the scale

I have a friend that has a C5 Corvette and usually when another Vette owner sees another, they wave, or give a nod in ode to their nice car.

While driving around town, I have felt the "urge" to give the nod to H2's and other Hummer owners. Out of three times, I got one that was, "F-You". The other two H2 owners gave a quick point (hey look, an H3!), nod, and a wave. Seems that we are a friendly little group here!

So, do any of you wave?
Old 07-30-2005, 02:44 AM

H3OH is off the scale

I have a friend that has a C5 Corvette and usually when another Vette owner sees another, they wave, or give a nod in ode to their nice car.

While driving around town, I have felt the "urge" to give the nod to H2's and other Hummer owners. Out of three times, I got one that was, "F-You". The other two H2 owners gave a quick point (hey look, an H3!), nod, and a wave. Seems that we are a friendly little group here!

So, do any of you wave?
Old 07-30-2005, 02:57 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup, wave to every Hummer I see. So far haven't passed any H1's since I've picked up the H3, but passed atleast four H2's, of those four, one greeted me back. The other three didn't even turn their heads. Makes me wonder why they bought a hummer in the first place. Probably status and not actual love for the vehicle.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:02 AM

H3OH is off the scale

Thanks RazM. I think that's what I was trying to get at, "love" for the vehicle. I'm proud of my H3 and I know other Hummer owners are too.

I'll keep on waving!
Old 07-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

Yah here in SOCAL they wave guns all of the time.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:12 AM

H3OH is off the scale

LOL XM!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

For some reason "the wave " hasn't caught on. I believe the H1's had it going on, but then it stopped at the H2? Here is another thread when the H2s were talking about it. It's almost comical.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...3531037511/p/1
Old 07-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Not all Vette owners wave, only those who really appreciate the car. Vette owners who purchase Vettes just to drive a Vette don't seem to wave back. Those who drive a Vette, who believe they are part of a tradition, wave. I wave to other Vette owners, and you would be surprised how many do not wave back.
Wrangler owners wave to other Wrangler owners, but not as frequent as Vette owners.
Problem I see with Hummer owners is that there are too many soccer moms and dads who drive H2s, and they might get the idea that you are flipping them off (especially in MI).
I doubt if I will be waving to any Hummer owners, unless they wave first, at which time if I have time to react, I might wave back, but I will not initiate any waves unless I know the person.
One of the notable things I noticed when moving from TN to MI. In TN everyone waves to everyone with a FULL hand, here in MI, most waves only utilize ONE finger. (Yes I hate MI.)
Old 07-30-2005, 04:59 PM

Jamo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:One of the notable things I noticed when moving from TN to MI. In TN everyone waves to everyone with a FULL hand, here in MI, most waves only utilize ONE finger. (Yes I hate MI.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's "Southern Hospitality", my friend! We *try* to be nice to everyone down here!

J (in Huntsville, AL)
Old 07-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:One of the notable things I noticed when moving from TN to MI. In TN everyone waves to everyone with a FULL hand, here in MI, most waves only utilize ONE finger. (Yes I hate MI.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's "Southern Hospitality", my friend! We *try* to be nice to everyone down here!

J (in Huntsville, AL) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, and wish I was still in TN; however, my heart is in Moab, UT.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

I always wave, reciprocated or not. I had a woman in a Black H2 pull along side me yesterday and she honked to get my attention, flashed me a two sign!!

It felt great to be aknowledged.
But most of you are correct, I rarely receive a wave back.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:30 PM

Jamo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBeebe:she honked to get my attention, flashed me a two sign!!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get out much... Is that anything like a "peace sign"?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a waver! I waive at all H3's and H2's (no H1's around these parts).

I'd say I get a response 70%, 60% positive.

(I'm in MI, and yes the one finger waive is very popular here)
Old 07-31-2005, 03:31 PM

trading13 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jamo:
J (in Huntsville, AL) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey J

I grew up 50 miles from Huntsville in Albertville and Guntersville, have you ever been there? Guntersville is mostly just a big lake. I miss the hospitality, I live in Phoenix now.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBeebe:she honked to get my attention, flashed me a two sign!!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get out much... Is that anything like a "peace sign"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Precisely,
Old 07-31-2005, 05:35 PM

MUH_HUM is off the scale

I always try to wave because I'm a damned friendly guy. Land Crusier owners used to wave. Jeep owners used to wave. Hummer (1,2,3) SHOULD wave if they are not too full of themselves.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

I always wave at any Hummer. There are about 4 H2's (incl. mine) 2 H3's and 2 H1's around here. So far I've only gotten a wave back from a guy in a black H2 that I see often and 1 H3. Never from an H1. I'm hoping it catches on more also. In our old Jeep, you always got a wave back and pretty much the same in our F350. I love it when people wave back, it gives me the warm-fuzzies
I'll keep on trying till they all do it back if for no other reason that to make me stop!
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Just something to remember, while everyone on this forum may be very passionate about their trucks, there are many people out there that just buy a vehicle and drive them, and share very little passion about their trucks. Not everyone is friendly and outgoing.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:09 PM

H3Witch is off the scale

I'm a "waver" as my current car is a corvette...and so far all the Hummers I've waved at have reciprocated! I'm hoping it's because they know I will soon be among them...
Old 08-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I passed a Black H3 the other day going the opposite way. As we got closer I gave her the thumbs up and she stared back at me with such a confused look on her face. I am guess it was pure shock since I have not gotten mine yet and she was probably amazed that someone who is not in a Hummer would give the thumbs up. I did see a women getting out of a Bolder Grey one last week but didn't wave. I was going to try to ask her how she liked it but she looked away immediately and quickly went into the store she was parked in front of. Don't know if it was because I was in an H2 and she thought I would be snobbish or what. Most people around here that I know who have H2s unfortunately bought them as status symbols, but their idiots I guess.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights