H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Hummer Novice

bchas92097 is on a distinguished road
Default Dvd problems

I just bought a 2005 H2 Sut with the dvd mounted in the center console. It was working fine and now there is no power on the dvd player but the screens in the headrest work fine. I have check all fuses and they are fine. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. My kids might have done something but I dont know. Hope for and easy solution.

Last edited by bchas92097 : 01-29-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dvd problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchas92097
I just bought a 2005 H2 Sut with the dvd mounted in the center console. It was working fine and now there is no power on the dvd player but the screens in the headrest work fine. I have check all fuses and they are fine. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. My kids might have done something but I dont know. Hope for and easy solution.

If It is an after market unit the below will not apply If your misssing power to the unit then you'll have to trace backwards to the connection point and or fuse... DVD'S and CD Players do not like the cold temps. Thety develope "Tracking erro's which can cause the unit to not boot. If you have no power anywhere the a hunting you'll have to go

Cold is the enemy of electronics esspecially when it comes to DVD drives... I know My manual from the 09 says.. "Do not operate the DVD player untill the cabin temp is warm.

Not saying this is the problem ... but there could be an auto over ride in the sysyem untill it is warm enough to operate safely. If you live in a warm Climate then for get the above.

DVD AND CD drives are the worst.. I've worked on them for many a years professionally. To me they are the scrurge of the earth. To many moving parts and adjustments.

If it isn't a fuse ... try another disc in the sysyem.. If it won't boot but all else on your unit works then the problem is with the DVD Palayer unit.

Just My $.02 worth

Last edited by Viet Nam Vette : 01-30-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Hummer Novice

bchas92097 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dvd problems

Thanks but I have tried all that and I cant try another disc because I cant get the old one out with no power I have check all fuse and they are good. I live in South Carolina so it is fairly warm most of the time. Thanks I will keep looking.