Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

ATRH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heckler & Koch HK45c

Im looking at getting one. Anybody have any experience with it?

Name:  lg_hk45c.jpg
Views: 4950
Size:  23.3 KB
Old 02-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

speednr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heckler & Koch HK45c

yeah get it.

ANY SPELLING ERRORS ARE TYPOS, OR , THEY ARE DONE ON PURPOSE.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice gun. Shot it a couple of times. A toss up between that and a Sig Sauer 229 in .40
I'm a Glock fan now.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

H anf K and one of the best, howeer they feel different although I love them they are not comfortable for me. Sig is one of my favorites, the new 1911 is badass.
Glock are fun. but if you get a glock you need something else too, haha

Old 02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

See if there is a local range to try one out. See how it fits your hand...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

Couldn't wait. Got it. Love it.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Be careful where you point that bad boy!

Good luck with it
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

richl is on a distinguished road

i have a full size usp . and love it to death ..........
Old 02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Glock 40 S&W 4 clips internal laser needs no back up by any other pistol, SP5 machine pistol maybe yes in case you need volume with precision.

Coked up bad guy high as clouds 1 shot Federal Hypershock 180 gr. 40 S&W center mass and he will reverse his approach at you, even if at a fast rate, so quickly the person will not in most circustances not know what hit him. The internal laser the most accurate choice will allow you to strike your target at a good 25 yards.

Key to lethality is the heaviness off bullet used, grains of power and most importantly the ammo you use is subsonic. To high muzzle velocity and you get to much penetration which reduces knock down power. That is 1 reason assault units prefer subsonic ammo reguardless of caliber. Smaller caliber may just need 2 rounds instead of 1. No disrespect for any ammo it is I just look at stopping power and only other caliber I would use and most likely prefer except for concealment issues to carry is 1911 .45 ACP which will do the same job. Guns usually get heavier with caliber but, was designed to be a one shot knock down caliber by USA military for like since 1911 til Army went to the weak and less accurate in my opinion 9mm. You have to empty a clip of 9mm UCP to stop certain insurgents just one at a time. Just wrong move by military to move away from 45 caliber 1911 but, they felt the gun now used was better choice because ammo weighed less which allowed a soldier to carry more ammo. Well I hope he is allowed to carry it by the bandolero. Unless you can get a head shot every time you will need to shot the enemy 2 to 4 times.

Oh well just my thought about some stuff.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRH2
Couldn't wait. Got it. Love it.
Good. You might as well get them while you can.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Glock 40 S&W 4 clips internal laser needs no back up by any other pistol, SP5 machine pistol maybe yes in case you need volume with precision.

Coked up bad guy high as clouds 1 shot Federal Hypershock 180 gr. 40 S&W center mass and he will reverse his approach at you, even if at a fast rate, so quickly the person will not in most circustances not know what hit him. The internal laser the most accurate choice will allow you to strike your target at a good 25 yards.

Key to lethality is the heaviness off bullet used, grains of power and most importantly the ammo you use is subsonic. To high muzzle velocity and you get to much penetration which reduces knock down power. That is 1 reason assault units prefer subsonic ammo reguardless of caliber. Smaller caliber may just need 2 rounds instead of 1. No disrespect for any ammo it is I just look at stopping power and only other caliber I would use and most likely prefer except for concealment issues to carry is 1911 .45 ACP which will do the same job. Guns usually get heavier with caliber but, was designed to be a one shot knock down caliber by USA military for like since 1911 til Army went to the weak and less accurate in my opinion 9mm. You have to empty a clip of 9mm UCP to stop certain insurgents just one at a time. Just wrong move by military to move away from 45 caliber 1911 but, they felt the gun now used was better choice because ammo weighed less which allowed a soldier to carry more ammo. Well I hope he is allowed to carry it by the bandolero. Unless you can get a head shot every time you will need to shot the enemy 2 to 4 times.

TAZ

is the military not moving to sig229 .40 now?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...4 clips ...a clip...

About "clips" please read: http://www.thegunzone.com/clips-mags.html Sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine.

Quote:
...internal laser ...The internal laser the most accurate choice...

If you are referring to the lasers that replace the guide rod, I disagree. The guide rod is held captive by a spring, a spring that moves, as does the guide rod, when the action is cycled. Solid-mounted units like laser grips (e.g. Crimson Trace) and rail-mounted laser units are much more likely to stay zeroed after each shot. That has been my personal, firsthand experience after trying various units of each type on various handguns. IMO, the only advantages that the guide rod lasers have is that they are more protected from external abuses and are less cumbersome.

HK makes fine weapons, as does Glock, as does Sig, and many others. When you are talking about these types of companies and their products, much of it boils down to personal preferences, i.e., it's a very subjective issue.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

he said clips

clips are good when your shooting sideways gangsta style. aren't they.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:

TAZ

Old 02-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Good. You might as well get them while you can.

YEP just picked up my S&W M&P M-4 Carbine last week. Looking to get the A.R.M.S. kit for it also. Hey ken you ever go to the Lynhaven range behind the bowling alley!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

One of mine is an HK usb 40. Great gun, love it. Would love to be able to buy a few more before our stupid new ring leader makes it impossible.

Mark
Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Being I'm in a small rural state and a guns rights state I have a wide range of arsenal. I have several close quarter weapons around the house. My favorite in home self defense recomendation is a .410 shot gun. It is horendously lethal but, due to length of weapon it helps prevent accidental self shootings. I do not own it but, Mossburg makes I feel one of the best internal lasered home defense .410 models. I'm not sure they still make it anymore but, they still make one of the best .410's.

I have the handguns etc. for close quarter but, many other types of super nice weapons to start dealing with threats begining close moving in distance on out as needed including I own what I need to reach out and tap an enemy of my Constitution at shots made out to 659 yards with no spotter no rangefinder which normally I have with me as, rangefinder that is, as well as wind speed meter etc. etc. My distance weapon has a customized muzzle brake because it kicked enough to make the weapon to uncomfortable for friends to shot. I did not shot enough that it bothered me yet all the friends wanted to shot the bad boy but, I was convinced to add feature as when zeroing in one day at 200 yrds. I had an Army war fighter very good decorated friend, as I have heard them refered to, help me and after about 5 rounds he was pulling away from weapon just before pulling trigger. Most of you who like me plink often understand what that mistake of not staying locked in to that rifle as you are one with it, well you pay for it. To the wonderful friends defense he does not as rule shoot large caliber rifles as the special forces type weapons is what he had worked with in career. Even with brake on it he did not care to shoot it but, he came around more. He knew we respected him because he is very good at what he did as he spent 2 tours in Vietnam both volunteered but, in downed helo recovery or descruction most times underfire and alone. If he could not patch it enough in certain time and fly it out he set a charge that vaporized the helo. Very Very dangerous job so he had our PROPS. His brother worked for me for 20 years so knew him and some of his later in life friends very well. Interesting type military job I never even thought about until I met him. What happened to those downed helo's after the crews were rescrued, Never ever thought about there was specially trained actually volunteered men dealing with this stuff and dieing doing it.

Well anyway as mentioned most all the .40 and .45 mentioned are good choices. I do have to disagree with the inline laser not being better as I find it tends to work more readily with the point and shoot using index finger training as used by most tactical training. I do not disagree with potential point of aim of internal laser but, with the high dollar models that I have progressed to the rod fit and finish along with other part elevated quality I know I would not go outside the inline laser after using them for roughly 15 years especially in twilight when laser can be tricky so still going back to looking down my index finger (imagined as trained) the dot is much more easily picked up evertime.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rene S. Nielsen is off the scale

I prefere this one.

Havn't failed ones. Even wih reloaded rounds and in all kinds of weather.

Rene

Ps. If you don't recognize this one, it's the Beretta Combat 92
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

pdxhummerguy is on a distinguished road

I am a big fan of Springfield Armory XD45 or xdm9. both great pieces!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhummerguy
I am a big fan of Springfield Armory XD45 or xdm9. both great pieces!

I've got the XD 45, nice gun.

-007=