H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll buy you a beer or two!

At the country club after the helicopter tour.

I put a removal instruction label (business card format) behind compressor on battery box.This was if removed by dealer they wont get confused.

Pics are'nt loading

There was an FTP (file transfer) error. The detail is 'Upload to '/testdir/test.txt' failed. Detail: '552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 PM
k9tim

Big thanks to you guys that did this install and psoted pics! I did the same this weekend! Picked up the compressor at a 4wheel drive shop for $69 and ran an air line to the same place as 442- going to pick up a few more fittings tomorrow and put a T inline so I can run another line to the other side of the truck.

That little compressor puts out way more air than I thought it would! Should do very well for tires and inflatables when camping!

...no, no blow up dolls
just cause I knew it was coming...
Old 03-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Hummer Guru

k9tim
let me know how you make out with T fitting.How are you going to cap the one side.
Its not a pressurized system.If you hooked up 2 air hoses before using it might work.
I turn mine on and my rubber boot pops off in one second.You would have to make a block off on the one side and than reverse fittings to air up other side.

Its easy enough to throw airline under truck to air up otherside .

If you could find a place for a small tank it could be made into a pressurized system.

Pics pics
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
k9tim

What I have done so far is cut a 3" piece of excess air line, jam a wire-nut in the end, hose clamp it in there and slide the whole piece over the fitting under the frame to seal it off - if that makes any sense. It's tight enough that it doesnt leak or blow off.

Yeah I will basically need to have the hose hooked up to the tire or whatever before I turn on the compressor and be ready to pop it off when I hear the compressor bottom out unless I use a gauge on the filling end. It's kinda goofy right now but for what I am using it for it will work.

One thing I should mention is that I reversed my fittings. The supply line is open, the air hose I made has the quick disconnect fitting. If I turn on the compressor without the fill hose attached, it will run forever with no problem. Until I plug the hose in, it won't build up pressure.

Wow thats a screwed up way to descibe it. Maybe I should take a pic and post it. I did get shot in the head today a few times (paintball of course) so I think I may be 90% stupid instead of the usual 60.....
Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Hummer Guru

I put a removal instruction label (business card format) behind compressor on battery box.This was if removed by dealer they wont get confused.

Pics back up

Last line says with compressor
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2006, 02:39 PM

Mancil is off the scale

Great job, thanks for the post
Old 03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
k9tim

Well I tested this for the first time tonight. I wanted to see how long it took to fill an air mattress (for camping). Took right at 8.5 minutes for a twin size and stayed right at about 20psi during the entire fill.

I did notice that some oil had leaked out of the compressor housing and was visible on the fusebox cover. After filling I noticed that even more had leaked out. Now I am kinda tweaked because I'm wondering if this will be a problem in the future.

Anyone else notice lube accumulating on top of the box cover??
Old 03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Anyone else notice lube accumulating on top of the box cover??

Not a drop

Took right at 8.5 minutes for a twin size and stayed right at about 20psi during the entire fill.

I have a cordless/12 volt/ac inflater for air beds better for volume the compressor is better for presure.good to have back up though

Im going to get a small air mattress for cargo area to level off floor than put mine on top for a bed in the back.
On my 04 murano it was flat and fit a twin right in the back.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:45 PM
k9tim

Yeah I kinda figured you were going to say that.. damn.

Well, I guess tomorrow eve I will pop it off and make a small gasket out of an innertube I had here for just that very purpose. Guess I'll also put a few drops of oil in there to replace what escaped also. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey 442!
The H3 sticker, shower cap and fittings came today. I'll take pics when I get them installed.
Thanks!

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 01-26-2007 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by k9tim:

Well, I guess tomorrow eve I will pop it off and make a small gasket out of an innertube I had here for just that very purpose. Guess I'll also put a few drops of oil in there to replace what escaped also. Thanks for the info!

I've had two of the Master Flow compressors and never had a prob w/ oil leaks. You might want to contact DV Innovations and see what they recommend, they will probably have you send it to the manufacturer in California for replacememnt or repairs. Good Luck!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Hummer Guru

Spare stuff .No trouble
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Hummer Expert

You da man!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
k9tim

Quote:
Originally posted by jp's-h3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k9tim:

I've had two of the Master Flow compressors and never had a prob w/ oil leaks. You might want to contact DV Innovations and see what they recommend, they will probably have you send it to the manufacturer in California for replacememnt or repairs. Good Luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that I may not have had the Allen bolts tightened enough. I popped it apart and threw a rubber gasket in there. Tightened it up well and all looks good.

If I see it again, I will contact DV- conveniently they are based not too far away from me
Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by k9tim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jp's-h3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k9tim:

I've had two of the Master Flow compressors and never had a prob w/ oil leaks. You might want to contact DV Innovations and see what they recommend, they will probably have you send it to the manufacturer in California for replacememnt or repairs. Good Luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that I may not have had the Allen bolts tightened enough. I popped it apart and threw a rubber gasket in there. Tightened it up well and all looks good.

If I see it again, I will contact DV- conveniently they are based not too far away from me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWESOME!
Good job!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Hummer Guru

k9tim Lets see some pics of your setup.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:18 AM

MyxH3 is off the scale

Nice Mod, I cant mount mine because I have to move it between the H3 and my Heep shown below
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by MyxH3:
Nice Mod, I cant mount mine because I have to move it between the H3 and my Heep shown below

The MF-1050 only cost's about $70-$80. w/ all intallation hardware only about $100.
Certainly affordable enough to put in all your 4by's!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Hummer Guru

In this weeks pep boys add they have it on sale for $59.00. After rebate only $49.00

If anyone was thinking of getting one do it know its a great deal on a great compressor.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Hummer Expert

SWEEET DEAL!