Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 09-04-2003, 03:50 AM

David in Germany is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JSB:
Oh no! The spelling teacher is going to chime in again. It's VEHICLE PEOPLE!
Sorry...Just had to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My hero!
David
PS this could be a start to a cool New club! "Hummers and Yotas Offroading Association"
Can't we all just get along!?
Old 09-04-2003, 04:12 AM

82crawler is off the scale

Come on guys, really....

The H1 with full independant suspension and 16" of ground clearance? And people want to call the H2 a "offroad vehicle"? The H2 is nothing more than a "I own a bigger and more expensive land yacht than you do".

Go cruise at the mall and show how well you take the speed bumps!
Old 09-04-2003, 04:47 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

82crawler...

Are you trying to be a dickhead...or does that offensive personality just seep through your feeble little mind???

Seriously...what kind of jerk comes onto some other people's forum and starts blasting ignorant and offensive remarks like that?

If you can't discern between the Tahoe and an H2...then you wouldn't know the difference between a Tacoma and a Tercel.

Why don't you take your offensive little mind elsewhere.....cause from my perspective you're just a scrotum sucking rectal wart....

Someone get that boy an extinguisher!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:09 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>..cause from my perspective you're just a scrotum sucking rectal wart....

Someone get that boy an extinguisher!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to admit I didnt read the WHOLE post before adding my comment. Seems a few people here want to have decent conversation.

I dont care for the H2 for a number of reasons. But I dont think its worse than any other "4X4" coming out today except the $$$$$$ price tag.

I am a die-hard toyota fan but the new rubicon series Jeep is the best NEW "STOCK 4X4" you can buy.

I was thinking of putting Dana 60's on my truck. After some consideration I declined because my Truck hardly fits on anything I'd call a trail. I wonder how a H2 would perform on that trail?

I live near Reno, Nevada and I welcome a "friendly" challenge to anyone who owns a H2. Make a believer out of me! You pick the trail and we'll wheel.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Sorry 'bout that last post....this forum warps my sense of judgement at times. It's very cool of you Yota guys to apologize for the offensive and inappropriate behavior of those hostile jerks who come here for no other reason then to provoke a battle and cause problems.

First of all...there are some seriously cool Toyota guys here in the mix: we are definitely going to have to get together and enjoy some offroading fun in the not-to-distant future. Rockyoda & DosTacos...you are both local to me & Jason and we're headed out this friday to goof around at some local area that a friend just turned us onto.

I've said it to Rockyoda no less then 3x....send me your emails and we can arrange to hook-up. We've got ourselves a great offroad club and we have a blast...let's get you both dialed-in & hooked-up likety split!

Also...let's wrap-the-crap and call an end to this absurdity: Both vehicles have 4 tires rotating effectively on the ground. Each have suspension, a 4x4 system, clearance and can effectively handle off-road situations. Yes, they vary in weight, width, wheelbase, and certain angles: each has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's just that damn simple....get over it!

In the end, the driver will always make the difference, I've caked-walked through stuff that several H1's in my club got screwed-up on. The H2 has clawed & grinded it's way up hills where Jeeps had problems. At the same time...I've seen the H2 get messed-up on simple stuff: she's a pig, no doubt.

What's important is that we live in a country and enjoy a time & lifestyle where we can actually get out, buy toys and have a bunch of fun. All these rigs are mixed to death with parts made all over the world: built in America, assembled in Mexico with parts made in Korea & China, designed by Canadians and engineered by Germans. Come on guys...can we please rise above this trivial cesspool of comparative absurdity? (opps...did I already use that word????)

There are lemon GM's, Hummers, and even Toyotas. Well...I heard of one once. How can anyone take so much pride in something they didn't build, design, engineer or help to create. We blow the coin and turn the key. And NO, paying someone else to put a lift-kit and bigger tires doesn't mean squat.

For our part, I'll apologize for the forum for any auto-repsonse-hostility we've thrown at the Toyota crew. We've endured seemingly countless attacks from other hostile forums. It gets old after a while and has perhaps made us a bit itchy on the trigger. Again...there's lots of great Toyota guys in the mix.

I hate to quote some dumbass who was made famous by running from the law and getting his ass whooped on public tv....but can't we all just get along?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:25 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

82crawler...

VERY decent of you!!!!!

I will accordingly retract my assertion that you are a scrotum-sucking rectal wart AND go so far as to speculate (based on what you just wrote) that you too would be someone fun to hang-out and enjoy offroading with.

We should all be directing our negative energy towards the environmentalist who seek to shut us down!

Glad we're on the same page!
Old 09-04-2003, 05:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

82Crawler...

I'll meet ya for a challenge, but I'll take my buddies rig if you don't mind. According to him....YOU don't have a REAL Toyota.

Are you sure you still wanna try me?
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2003, 05:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
We should all be directing our negative energy towards the environmentalist who seek to shut us down!

Glad we're on the same page!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN
Old 09-04-2003, 05:41 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'll take my buddies rig if you don't mind. According to him....YOU don't have a REAL Toyota.

Are you sure you still wanna try me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awe....

I love the old land cruisers, they bring a tear to my eye.

I dont think my stocker would hold up to a LC but I'd enjoy the trip for sure...
Old 09-04-2003, 11:22 AM

JSB is off the scale

Isn't this funny looking back. All the testosterone gets going, and people start lashing out with out thinking. Then we stop and think...what the heck am I doing...Thank god we're not a couple of countries...the war would have been over by now...and we were arguing about what? I vote to close this thread before some one reads one or two pages of it, and gets offended and throws their reactions out.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:26 AM

Detonate is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 82crawler:
Go cruise at the mall and show how well you take the speed bumps!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Last time I was at the mall I saw no other H2's.

Yet I saw at least 50 or so Toyota Trucks and SUVs.

And the last time I was wheelin' there were other H2's and no Toyotas at all.

Just FYI

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder

[This message was edited by Detonate on 09-04-03 at 06:39 AM.]
Old 09-04-2003, 11:33 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a money issue I tells ya!

"FOOD FOR THOUGHT...

If the H2 was the same price as the Toyota TRD's , Tacomas, 4Runners......well, this wouldn't be happening now honestly.

The next posts to disagree are prime candidates who deperately want one but can't, so they lash out."

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-04-2003, 11:50 AM

David in Germany is off the scale

Group Hug!!!! lol Guys I Miss out on all the fun! you guys stateside need to do it up and cook some dead mamals over open fire and drink some barly based liquid products for good old D in G! and if you do there needs to be some videos posted. How about a club name "H2-YO" flow like water! And with that thought I feel the need to throw up a picture of the most UGLY Toyota I own (I think the wrecked Taco posted even looks better than mine!)

Can't we all just get along!?
Old 09-04-2003, 01:58 PM

SJ is off the scale

Detonate:

You read my mind - exactly. I see tons of lifted Toyotas that probably never leave the pavememt.

I've retired to ignore the trolls at this point. They came here to spew insults and it speaks volumes to their character as individuals.

The day I let a Toyota fanatic make me feel bad for buying American is the day I denounce my American citizenship - NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 09-04-2003, 02:08 PM

Bryanccfshr is off the scale

Buckeye Hummer

Thanks for the compliment. I will give the H2 designers props for the great departure angle and putting 35's on a stock vehicle.
It's all about getting what makes you happy and works for you.
My cooler is full of fish, the other one has a few Silver bullets(hey it's hot paddling that Kayak) left.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:15 PM

Hear Hear! You guys are getting the same attacks the Tacoma boards had to endure. As a poser grocery getter to new and to expensive at the time of it's release to be wheeled seriously. I can empathize with your auto-defensiveness. Every group has there rotten apples, but sometimes those apples become usefull. Some of the rudest personalities on message boards end up being great knowledgabble people who really know what they are talking about...they just get fed up on the internet. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Sorry 'bout that last post....this forum warps my sense of judgement at times. It's very cool of you Yota guys to apologize for the offensive and inappropriate behavior of those hostile jerks who come here for no other reason then to provoke a battle and cause problems.

First of all...there are some seriously cool Toyota guys here in the mix: we are definitely going to have to get together and enjoy some offroading fun in the not-to-distant future. Rockyoda & DosTacos...you are both local to me & Jason and we're headed out this friday to goof around at some local area that a friend just turned us onto.

I've said it to Rockyoda no less then 3x....send me your emails and we can arrange to hook-up. We've got ourselves a great offroad club and we have a blast...let's get you both dialed-in & hooked-up likety split!

Also...let's wrap-the-crap and call an end to this absurdity: Both vehicles have 4 tires rotating effectively on the ground. Each have suspension, a 4x4 system, clearance and can effectively handle off-road situations. Yes, they vary in weight, width, wheelbase, and certain angles: each has it's advantages and disadvantages. It's just that damn simple....get over it!

In the end, _the driver will always make the difference_, I've caked-walked through stuff that several H1's in my club got screwed-up on. The H2 has clawed & grinded it's way up hills where Jeeps had problems. At the same time...I've seen the H2 get messed-up on simple stuff: she's a pig, no doubt.

What's important is that we live in a country and enjoy a time & lifestyle where we can actually get out, buy toys and have a bunch of fun. All these rigs are mixed to death with parts made all over the world: built in America, assembled in Mexico with parts made in Korea & China, designed by Canadians and engineered by Germans. Come on guys...can we _please_ rise above this trivial cesspool of comparative absurdity? (opps...did I already use that word????)

There are lemon GM's, Hummers, and even Toyotas. Well...I heard of one once. How can anyone take so much pride in something they didn't build, design, engineer or help to create. We blow the coin and turn the key. And NO, paying someone else to put a lift-kit and bigger tires doesn't mean squat.

For our part, I'll apologize for the forum for any auto-repsonse-hostility we've thrown at the Toyota crew. We've endured seemingly countless attacks from other hostile forums. It gets old after a while and has perhaps made us a bit itchy on the trigger. Again...there's lots of great Toyota guys in the mix.

I hate to quote some dumbass who was made famous by running from the law and getting his ass whooped on public tv....but can't we all just get along?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-04-2003, 03:47 PM

JSB is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 82crawler:
Go cruise at the mall and show how well you take the speed bumps!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Last time I was at the mall I saw no other H2's.

Yet I saw at least 50 or so Toyota Trucks and SUVs.

And the last time I was wheelin' there were other H2's and no Toyotas at all.

Just FYI

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_

[This message was edited by Detonate on 09-04-03 at 06:39 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just out of curiosity, where are you wheeling? 360 is as good as closed, and Marshall Creek is close to being off limits. Are you going to Gilmer or what? Just looking for new places. I know you have to see H2s at the Parks mall in Arlington. I saw a few tax free weekend. Of course there were several Toyotas, GMs, Fords, Infinitys, Lexus, Nissans, Mercs, etc. Three live in my neighborhood, but I don't care. Where are you wheeling? Have you picked up any fines at 360? We got chased one night, but not caught! My buddy has an awesome picture of his Dodge on top of a burned Caddy out there. He has 38's though.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:00 PM

SJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RockYoda:
Well this discussion has gone on long enough. I would like to apoligize to this board for an A$$hole that thinks he is part of the Toyoda community. His immature posts were not called for nor do they represent ANY person who calls themselves and member of the off-road community. I hope i did not offend anybody by what some would call "rude" comments. They were not inteded that way.

I truly love VEHICLEs that are manufactured for people out of the norm. I feel that if it were up to some people we would all drive little gay cars that can only seat 4 people and only drive on paved roads. Now that would be a true shame. I hope that one day i can wheel with some of you H2 guys to really show what these things can do. (Maybe i can even pic up a used one as a trail truck some day!) Well i personnal feel that this thread should be locked and ended... Not deleted just locked. Just my .02 ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bulls**t RockYoda. YOU insulted me directly with YOUR "Commie" remark and now you're trying to make as if it's OTHER people in your group that are the a**holes. You're pathetic - you can't even define Communism. My family lived through it, so I think I have an idea and I'm far from being one.

I defended other members here when YOU and others started in with us. For my loyalty, I get to watch as you try to play innocent. I'd ban your sorry ass in a second, but it's not my call.

I won't speak-up next time; nobody gives a s**t except a few members here. Go wheeling with the Southern Cal group and have fun. They might choose to ignore your insults, but I won't. Until you apologize for YOUR words here, like a real man, then some of us won't buy into your horse manure. I know because people have sent me e-mails saying you should be banned.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 09-04-2003, 04:01 PM

I was wondering the same. Arlington is notoriously vacant of legal wheeling areas.
After the last Texas bill restricting access to waterways(the Slab for example) there is not much public land for wheeling anymore in most of central and north Texas.