Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 08-30-2004, 09:28 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Anyone know anything about the new 2005 Superduty. I just got something in the mail about them and the King Ranch version sounds pretty nice, although from the pics the interior looks crappy. You can apparently get it with 4 leather bucket seats.

It has an electric brake controller intergrated into the dash, the new PS Diesel is available and supposedly they have redone the suspension to make it ride better. We have a '99 PS Superduty and it rides like crap compared to the new GMC 2500.
Banned

Anyone know anything about the new 2005 Superduty. I just got something in the mail about them and the King Ranch version sounds pretty nice, although from the pics the interior looks crappy. You can apparently get it with 4 leather bucket seats.

It has an electric brake controller intergrated into the dash, the new PS Diesel is available and supposedly they have redone the suspension to make it ride better. We have a '99 PS Superduty and it rides like crap compared to the new GMC 2500.
Banned

Old 09-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

GM vehicles have always ridden better than Ford products, but when it comes down to it, Ford has squeeked by on performance. I was a die-hard Ford guy before my H2(Maverick,Granada,Grand Torino,F150 Highboy 4x4,Mustang coupe,F250SD CC PS 4x4.). But as I got a little older, I began to realize, it's not the manufacturer, it's the individual product that must be evaluated.
Test drive a vehicle before a final decision is made. That's about the only way you can tell if you like the vehicle.
Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples. You can't test drive a F350 and then compare it to a 2500HD.(It's just not the same animal.A 3/4 ton F250 ride is luxurious compared to the 1 Ton F350.)
Good luck on your upcoming purchase, you really can't go wrong with either truck!

Ric-H2
Old 09-01-2004, 01:39 AM
Banned

You took thoughts right out of my head. I can't in any way get my father to buy anything but Ford. My mother had a 45 mile one way commute and I had to wait until he was out of town to take her to get a Honda Civic. He was pissed she didn't get a crown vic or something.

I have never been tied to one make. Here it's kinda redneck thing. I've owned them all. We have a '99 PS SD and a '03 GMC 2500. The SD just gets no use as it will beat you to death, has loose steering and turns like crap. So, I am curious about what Ford has done with these new SD's, especially the King Ranch. It will probably end up being my dad's main vehicle and one they will use to drag a camper around with.

Things I have read should make the new PS comparable to the GMC. And we go 3/4 ton on all of them since we mostly pull trailers and don't need the extra springs.

If the GMC and the Ford are side by side, my dad refuses to take the GMC. He doesn't think he can be seen in it like its the enemy or something......Rednecks.....you gotta love 'em.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

A buddy of mine has an '04 PS SD 4 door and I like that truck. Ride is great and the exterior looks great but as usual the inside is about as plain as it gets. Just some carbon fiber accents here and there and it's done.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:07 AM
HummMe

The 05 SD have gone to a coil spring front suspension. This will no doubt soften the ride. And it cuts the turning radius down by 5.5ft. That was the 2 biggest complaints that I had with my 99,rode too stiff and you need a mile to turn around. You really cant compare the ride between an IFS truck(Silverado HD) vs. a solid front axle truck(SD). Thats apples to oranges, the GMC is gonna ride better but for extreme use the Ford will hold up better. BTW I have always been a Ford man,my H2 is my first non Ford vehicle,and I have taken alot of **** for it.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Banned

I think you got coils (not IFS) on the 99 SD as standard. When we ordered I seem to remember we went with the heavier front end to put a winch on which meant we have the leafs on the front.

Does the '05 keep a solid axle or is it going to IFS? It talks about a much improved ride.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Banned

I think I was wrong. I tried to find the order form from back then and it looks like we ordered the heavy duty front end but all that meant was an extra leaf or two to handle additional weight on the front. No coils.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:08 PM
HummMe

Yeah all 99-04 4wd SD are leaf spring. The HD/snow plow package was just a thicker stack of springs.Click Here For the specs on the new SD. It is still a solid front axle. Stronger 6.0 diesel and minor cosmetic changes.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:03 PM

1BADH2 is off the scale

The 05 super duty has coil springs in stead of leafs, still a very nice truck but it sits much lower than the older ones.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Coils are going to cause it to be a little more difficult to put a lift on it now. The SD was probably the easiest vehicle to lift because of the leafsprings!

Ric-H2
Old 09-13-2004, 06:56 PM
HummMe

I stopped by the local Ford dealer this morning. He had about 6-7 05 SD's on the lot. I really wasnt too impressed with the styling changes. The grille looks alittle out of place, and the interior is very plain. I guess it will have to grow on me. I was considering buying one til I went there this morning,it just wasnt doing anything for me-what a let down.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Banned

And here I was reading the brochure they sent me a while back thinking Ford had figured out that they should refine their trailer-dragger.

I hate that Ford has this idea that ruggedness is supposed to mean lack of refinement. I haven't gone and looked at them yet, it doesn't sound good.