H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default H3 Curb Weight with "stuff"

Well the picture and my signature don't show my 208lbs (damn big feet) my tool bag, recovery gear and Husky jump,invertor,compressor and misc other stuff. Butt I just weighed at a CATscale for a grand total of
That was with about a 1/2 tank of gas because I forgot about that. So 6.3lbs a gallon times whatever. Anyway I always seem to find curb weight figured at 4700 which is probably rounded up from 4684 that I found on one site. Anybody else weighed? Good thing I upgraded engine mods!! Heavy Hummer instead of Baby Hummer

So now Im wondering what Hummbebe's H3 weighs?
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 01-24-2007 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Steve - SanJose

Default Re: H3 Curb Weight with "stuff"

Wow a bit tubby. Is that right?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Hummer Professional

I got the scale ticket and it says its certified. I weigh sailboats Im hauling and it usually is real, real close to the weigh stations. Depends on how many burgers I have had. I was hoping someone else would try it. It cost about $8.50 at most places. They said you wanna weigh what ha ha I told them I was doing research. I weigh my truck and trailers and all of these scales are less than 100 lbs difference. Scarry huh?
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Steve - SanJose

So what do you think the curb weight is? (after subtracting gas, big ass passengers, toolbox, winch, etc.)
Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Hummer Professional

I think you have to count all liquids. Should be about 4700Somebody with a virgin H3 should weigh and see. I was pointing out that with all the equipment I have added it goes up real fast. Sure feels solid and helps my rock crawling.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

So what is the weight (min) to get the tax break. I learned after I bought the 3, that if I had bought the 2 I could have written it off on taxes.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9sH3
So what is the weight (min) to get the tax break. I learned after I bought the 3, that if I had bought the 2 I could have written it off on taxes.

thats interesting but i doubt it. if anything there should be a weight penalty. You can always write off any vehicle as a business vehicle, or you can have deduct the sales tax you paid. You can write of gas, upgrades, milage whaever and it sure helps alot at tax time. We have another vehicle that is exclusively for business and the H3 im using for going out and giving estimates customer service and stuff like that. The work vehicle gets about 4000 in deductions and the h3 gets about 2700. If it wasnt for the h3 I would have owed a ton of money this year, a ton more than i do now.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
thats interesting but i doubt it. if anything there should be a weight penalty. You can always write off any vehicle as a business vehicle, or you can have deduct the sales tax you paid.

Wrongo... There was a tax buffer put in place several years back to help out farmers and construction folks that needed HEAVY trucks for use in their work.. Well, the way they wrote it up just about anyone that bought a truck over X000lbs and used it for work could get that tax credit and it literally would pay for 40% or so of the vehicle the first year.. That's the reason so many realtors started using large SUV's rather than Caddy's, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc.. That tax loop hole was closed last year though when the weight limits were raised to about 10,000 lbs (by manufacturer specs not real weight).. Not even the H1 would fit into that tax break now...

Rob
Old 01-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunner
I think you have to count all liquids. Should be about 4700Somebody with a virgin H3 should weigh and see. I was pointing out that with all the equipment I have added it goes up real fast. Sure feels solid and helps my rock crawling.

So your rig weighed in at 5620 lbs. vs advertised weight of 4700 lbs., difference of about 920 lbs.

920 lbs. less driver weight of 208 lbs and 1/2 tank of gas at 75 lbs = 637 lbs.

Are you carrying 637 lbs. of other liquids and other crap in/on your H3? Wow.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ?
Wrongo... There was a tax buffer put in place several years back to help out farmers and construction folks that needed HEAVY trucks for use in their work.. Well, the way they wrote it up just about anyone that bought a truck over X000lbs and used it for work could get that tax credit and it literally would pay for 40% or so of the vehicle the first year.. That's the reason so many realtors started using large SUV's rather than Caddy's, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, etc.. That tax loop hole was closed last year though when the weight limits were raised to about 10,000 lbs (by manufacturer specs not real weight).. Not even the H1 would fit into that tax break now...

Rob

yeah thats what i wrote, you can write it off as a business/work use. but i said i didnt think you would get anything just because you wanna drive around a 10000lb( or whatever it is) vehicle for fun. or did i understand your post wrong?
Old 01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
So your rig weighed in at 5620 lbs. vs advertised weight of 4700 lbs., difference of about 920 lbs.

920 lbs. less driver weight of 208 lbs and 1/2 tank of gas at 75 lbs = 637 lbs.

Are you carrying 637 lbs. of other liquids and other crap in/on your H3? Wow.

Ok, I got a winch, brush guard and winch mount, Rola rack, cross bars, Mickey Thompson MT which are 33 but bigger and heavier, RockyRoad Rock Rails with added 3/8 x 3inch piece, ladder type undercarriage protection, spring shackle skids, Roof lights, tailight guards, I do have a custom camera mount but its only about 10-15 lbs, 40lb tool bag, Husky 25lb, 2snatch blocks, straps and other "stuff" Yep and that is before cameras, laptop,ice chest, passenger and if camping all of that, whew I should be able to handle high winds. I still dont have a high lift jack or shovel, how did the Rat Patrol carry all of this? I don't have a muffler so that is less a 50 lb hemroid! I too was surprised when I started weighing stuff and adding it up. Then if I tow my Whaler, I may have to get a permit! The picture was before I went nuts adding equipment. This set up weighed 7420. I will have to weigh again to see what the boat adds to present set up. All things guessed if the H3 was 4700 at this time the boat would be 2420.
Attached Images

Last edited by Hunner : 01-24-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
yeah thats what i wrote, you can write it off as a business/work use. but i said i didnt think you would get anything just because you wanna drive around a 10000lb( or whatever it is) vehicle for fun. or did i understand your post wrong?

Hellifiknow... I think I confused myself...
Old 01-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Hummer Professional

My 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins loaded with tools and 100 gal extra fuel is 6840 so it would have to be a big truck to hit 10,000. Bigger than a 1 ton dually.
GCWR according to the book is 9,500 for the H3 with automatic and 4.56. ON Flat ground?? hahah oops Im getting close. Guess I will have to trailer the whole mess and hava support vehicle.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ?
Hellifiknow... I think I confused myself...

its all good.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Steve - SanJose

So what's the wet curb weight of a stock H3? Got to be way over 4700 lbs.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Hummer Professional

THAT is a good question. Inquiring people want to know. Maybe someone will go weigh a stock one just to see.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

I just got done taking a load to the dump. My H3 pulling my 16x6 quad trailer, weighed in at 6,870lbs. I recently pulled that same trailer w/1.5-2 cords of wood (minimum 5k of wood), so total weight (if the scales at the dump are correct) would be 11-12k. That seems high...
Old 01-31-2007, 05:53 AM
Steve - SanJose

Evil - based on your experience and math with the trailer, what's the wet curb weight of your H3?