H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

crop000 is on a distinguished road
Default 2.5 turns on t bars =? after settling.

Was just wondering on how much lift this gives you after settling. I remember twisting on my GMC a few years back, seems like it went up about 3 inches then came back down to about a inch and a half after a day. Did a seach on it but damn there is alot to sort through.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tommy36998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2.5 turns on t bars =? after settling.

I did it oh about a year ago. Pull a little to thr right. Dealship free alignment first few miles. Don't remember milage
Eclipse AVN 5500, with Eclipse backup camera, and the remote. Gobi Adventure Roof Rack w/Piaa 540's and Piaa backups lights, Gobi Ladder a Bednet 8' cargo net,Jerry 2 gas 2 water,Monster inverter,Rear Marker lights and Front marker lights,Brich white lux package,Billet chrome fuel door, abs Hood panel w/billet handles, Master Flow MF-1050 air compressor, Billet chrome seat levers and seat control surrounds,Billet mini grill,Billet front marker, light surrounds w/louvers,
Old 11-30-2006, 03:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

My questions was in inches of height after turning the t-bars rather than mileage.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

I did it year ago. Pulled a little free dealship alignment if under 6000 miles.
Eclipse AVN 5500, with Eclipse backup camera, and the remote. Gobi Adventure Roof Rack w/Piaa 540's and Piaa backups lights, Gobi Ladder a Bednet 8' cargo net,Jerry 2 gas 2 water,Monster inverter,Rear Marker lights and Front marker lights,Brich white lux package,Billet chrome fuel door, abs Hood panel w/billet handles, Master Flow MF-1050 air compressor, Billet chrome seat levers and seat control surrounds,Billet mini grill,Billet front marker, light surrounds w/louvers,
Old 11-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

About 3
Old 11-30-2006, 03:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

Well I've got 30000 miles on it so I don't think I'm going to get an alignment for free.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:35 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crop000
My questions was in inches of height after turning the t-bars rather than mileage.

They are all going to vary. But I would say it will settle by about 1/8-1/4 inch.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale

I put the new keys from Truxxx in mine and set the front ride height at 24.25". Drove it a couple of days and it settled about a 1/4". We re-adjusted back to 24.25" and it's still there.
2006 H3 Lux/Offroad - Slate Blue - Ebony Leather - Sunroof - Brush Guard - Husky Rear Mat - Petz Cover (so my Wheaton Terrier can ride with me) - GOBI Stealth Rack - PIAA Lights - DC/AC Coverter - Truxxx Leveling Kit - DC1 Wheels - 35"X12.50" Toyo Open Country AT - Step Bars - Onboard Air - Chrome Fire Extinguisher

2003 Mercedes Benz S500 AMG

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 11-30-2006, 04:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale

I highly recommend the shock extensions or longer shocks when turning the bars.
2006 H3 Lux/Offroad - Slate Blue - Ebony Leather - Sunroof - Brush Guard - Husky Rear Mat - Petz Cover (so my Wheaton Terrier can ride with me) - GOBI Stealth Rack - PIAA Lights - DC/AC Coverter - Truxxx Leveling Kit - DC1 Wheels - 35"X12.50" Toyo Open Country AT - Step Bars - Onboard Air - Chrome Fire Extinguisher

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 11-30-2006, 05:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G
I put the new keys from Truxxx in mine and set the front ride height at 24.25". Drove it a couple of days and it settled about a 1/4". We re-adjusted back to 24.25" and it's still there.

What point are you measuring ? From the ground to where?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Should be from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by crop000
Well I've got 30000 miles on it so I don't think I'm going to get an alignment for free.
Free alignment- crap my Yukon pulled to left when I got it . Dealer says doesn't drive like a Bronco. After a month they aligned it no better. Two years later when I bought a new half ton pickup I told them about it. First they said we gotta remove the knockouts in frame. I said "How did you align it under warranty if knockouts are still in frame .They said "oh we can only do Tow In when vehicles are new under warranty." 200 bucks later I understood how it works. The Rebel.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G

Wow.. I've got 25 without the keys.. Just 3.5 turns on the adjuster.. Any perks to the Truxx things at all..??
Old 12-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Should be from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender.

That is correct.

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 12-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jeff G is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ?
Wow.. I've got 25 without the keys.. Just 3.5 turns on the adjuster.. Any perks to the Truxx things at all..??

If you check your rear ride height(assuming you have made no alterations), it will be 24.25". By cranking the front to 24.25" you level the vehicle, front to rear. You don't have to have the Truxxx package to do this, unless of course, you would like to maintain the factory ride. Seriously, that's all the Truxxx thing is for. It allows you to raise the front approx. 3" above factory settings, and maintain the factory ride. I have added 35" tires and still pretty much have the factory ride.

2003 BMW Z3 - Wife's
Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

I wasn't to impressed with the back end being high than the front end of the truck.. I honestly always felt like I was sliding out of the front of the seat.. Truck sit's NEARLY level now.. I know that the rear bumper sits a little lower and cuts slightly into the departure angle, but I don't think it's much and doesn't really bother me much (I don't think)...

As far as the ride.. It's a bit stiffer feeling and for the life of me I can't rationalize why unless it's something to do with stretching the shocks out.. When you twist the t-bars you're not putting any more force or weight on them.. You're just changing the 0 index point.. It shouldn't matter if it's because you've changed that point from the inside of the key (the way Truxx does it) or from the outside (by turning the adjustment bolt)..

The Truxx key just gives you more upward range of motion.. And I can't help but think that by pushing it up to far, you've going to run into issues with the steering linkage angles being to extreme.. But that may be outside the range of even the Truxx keys at maximum lift..

It's no use trying to explain to me why the ride is stiffer at this point.. I'm just having comprehension problems with it, maybe something will click one of these days.. Of course it took me a lot of thinking the figure out why wheels kicked out at the bottom rather than the top when I raised the front end up..

Rob
Old 12-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

I like the ride more after I did 2.5 turns on the t-bars than before. Before, I could really feel speed bumps with the front wheels if I hit them fast enough, now it's just like the rear wheels. Also, going fast over bumpy trails where you can get some air used to hurt and there would be a big clunk everytime you came down, now I don't get that.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road

Mine are turned up 6 and realigned by the dealer. I added a Warn winch and Steelcraft brush guard and winch mount. I read this latest string of posts and went out and measured. My front is 23 from center of axle to bottom of fender. I had some Bubba's tell me they crank there 1/2 ton pickups all the way. Hmmm?
I have not felt the shocks bottoming or topping out. I guess putting an extension would give it back some travel going down?? I asked this before, does anyone know the proper way to measure shock length? Fully extended off the vehicle? Finding the sweet spot or length of equal travel up and down could be tricky, trial and error?
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 12-02-2006 at 12:24 AM.