H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-06-2005, 01:50 AM

ali648 is off the scale

drtyfn,
i'm not quite sure what your problem is. in case you aren't smart enough to comprehend my previous statement: "i spent my whole life with that guy" was supposed to mean that i knew him for a very long time, was good friends with him for 9 years, and dated him for 2 years. so fyi, i'm not a stalker, i was just simply very close with adam. and i don't think you should have any reason to believe i'd stalk you. especially not you.

and for las vegas,
i was only refering to hummoron, no other posts, so i'm glad that is cleared up.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

9 years isn't quite your whole life... unless you're 11. Yes, you are a stalker. You're stalking our normally fun & cheery board with your dark cloud and dumped ass.
BTW, why did he dump you? No action from you?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:57 AM

ali648 is off the scale

it's something called an exaggeration, dumbass. and don't worry, i'm finished with your threads. everyone else in here seems to have tact, but you, your the biggest ******* in here. so like i said in the other thread, you aren't worth my time.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by ali648:
it's something called an exaggeration, dumbass. and don't worry, i'm finished with your threads. everyone else in here seems to have tact, but you, your the biggest ******* in here. so like i said in the other thread, you aren't worth my time.

GFY!!! Please. You can take your stalking dumped ass out of here now. Buh-bye.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Hummer Messiah

Oh, and I've got more tact than you'll ever have. Patience for pathetic whining, attention-whore stalkers is another thing.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

I hate to say this DRTYFN - but your last couple of posts have made you look like an ******* - I have to agree with ali648 on that one - I dont see (unless I have missed something through not being bothered to read everything) how she has posted anything that would warrant being referred to as a pathetic whining attention whore stalker.

Grow up idiot
Old 04-06-2005, 02:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

There's a point to all of this.

She continues to drone on about this tragedy, trying desperately to draw attention to herself. Why does she need to come in here, of all places, to "vent her grief"? Does the word "stalker" mean anything to you? She hasn't offered one god damn bit of information on the subject other than to exaggerate about spending her "whole life" with the guy. Her incessant whining & attention-whoring is really pissing me off.

You want an example of a true tradegy? Go to Pirate4X4 and look up the thread where the guy's wife, that had been suffering from mental illness, disappeared only to turn up dead after committing suicide. He has 2 small children to raise by himself after loosing his wife to a much more tragic event. He doesn't continue to bring it up over and over again. And he's been a member on the god damn board for a lot f*cking longer than this carpet-bagging interloper(meaning 1).

So you'll forgive me if my patience ran out days ago on these people that feel obligated to come in here to "defend the honor" of the Poor Darwin Award winner. Hell, if it were my friend, or even just an acquaintance, that had, say, wrapped his BMW around a tree, I wouldn't be going into BMW forums to cry about it for friggin days and weeks on end. Once is explainable, but this never-ending spotlight of stalking has got to end.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

I totally agree - I am tired of reading this - but acting like a dickhead unfortunately fuels the embers - she goes off and whines to her buddies that she was treated like **** in here - they turn up defending her and everyone else involved and we have a whole new breed of trolls to deal with for the next few weeks - and it goes on and on.

Can we drop it now please.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Oh and due to my vunerable sensitivity I now have to sell my BMW because I have a mental image of you not going to BMW forums to cry about me - oh well back to bicycles again.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:44 PM

Exploding People is off the scale

so
people drove their hummer into the ocean
they got stuck
then they died

am i missing something? besides blatant stupidity?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I think you've found blatant stupidity simply by looking in the mirror.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:47 PM

beachinJeeper is off the scale

Since there is no new information to be had, and the weather in these necks is really purdy, how bout we just go out somewhere do some responsible four wheeling, and as I am the "beer bitch", will supply some Bud Light, but as responsible four wheelers, we also must drink responsibly. And, no that does not mean, if we don't spill the beer, we are drinking responsibly!

Have Jeep will travel
Old 04-06-2005, 07:42 PM

crystalstarkey is off the scale

ali,
im sorry that what people say bother you. but you have to remember they dont know adam. this website to to talk about hummers, not adam. im not sayin that it doesnt bother me everyonce in a while, but you just have to remember the reason for the site. As for everyone else, i want to thank you for taking your time to talk about the possiblitys of what may have happened and who should be blamed.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

Quote:
.....i want to thank you for taking your time to talk about the possiblitys of what may have happened and who should be blamed.
The driver should be blamed.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalstarkey:
ali,
im sorry that what people say bother you. but you have to remember they dont know adam. this website to to talk about hummers, not adam. im not sayin that it doesnt bother me everyonce in a while, but you just have to remember the reason for the site. As for everyone else, i want to thank you for taking your time to talk about the possiblitys of what may have happened and who should be blamed.

Couldn't you two have said that in a PM?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoa, there, Sparkey!

I have put many posts on this thread regarding responsibility. Nowhere did I mention blame. Two entirely different notions.

Second, Ali, if your still reading this, please understand that drty LOVES getting a rise out of people. It's a quality I find kind of endearing, but you'll miss that part of it if you can't differentiate his (sometimes harsh) ribbing from his straight talk. I think sometimes even he gets them confused. Lastly, I'm sure you're not a stalker, but just in case you might be, PM me a photo and I'll send you my contact info.

I hope this got at least a small smile out of you. We all grieve, but we all must move on.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is bordering on absurd. This thread shows up at the top of search engines and has had over 5000 views. The content obviously interests some people so give a little more thought to your posts than some of you have.

Jonahs, I orginally ignored your post because I thought it was somewhat not applicable but now feel compelled to correct you. I don't remember anyone on here saying that the accident itself was anyone else's fault except the driver. What has been debated the most here has been the actions taken or not taken by those after the call to Onstar. With that being said let me use your airplane analogy.

Take a plane that drops from radar and is suspected of crashing. It deviated greatly from it's original flight plan but the air controller has the coordinates of the last radar contact. He tells search personnel the plane's flight path but also says that he has the last known coordinates from the last radar contact. What took place with this H2 accident is akin to the search personnel NOT taking the coordinates but going and searching around the plane's original flight path. That would raise a stink no matter what.

This is not an all or nothing affair. The driver is at fault for the accident but why would anyone think it is wrong to question the emergency personnel for a response that seems very lacking. The idea that one can't make assumptions because we weren't there is even more absurd. We have what's been reported and we have a copy of the call from the 911 center to the Rangers. Just because newspapers don't report everything all of the time and get things wrong sometimes does not mean you just walk away and forget that the system might need improvement.

The rangers blatantly said that there will be no review of their systems as they don't feel they did anything wrong. Unfortunately, litigation seems to be the only thing that will get to the truth because as you said, people will not accept their due blame or even open themselves up to it. Litigation is a catch-22. Granted there are frivilous lawsuits but there are many instances in the past where it was the only way to right a wrong.

If for one minute anyone thinks that they would not be upset and not looking for answers if they found out that there was a chance their loved one could have been saved, think again.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:40 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

Paragon
Quote:
by Jonahs... However, if the investigation ultimately shows that they were in fact somehow negligent in carrying out their duties in accordance with the standards set for them, they too will pay a price. And if that proves true, new standards will be set that will possibly save lives in the future.
Quote:
by Jonahs.... Should emergency services be held responsible for their actions? Absolutely. Should they be held 100% responsible for deaths caused by someone elses poor judgement because they didn't execute perfectly? Absolutely not.
And the analogy applies 100%. There is no difference in responsibility between a pilot flying an aircraft and you or anyone else driving your H2. And I can assure you that when you board an aircraft you want to feel secure that the pilot is competent and responsible. Unfortunately that's greatly diminished these days with people and vehicles.

And yes, this thread is too long.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Fatal Assateague accident investigation continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jennifer Lehman
Staff Writer

(May 27, 2005) As summer quickly approaches and thousands of visitors begin flocking to the Eastern Shore, park rangers at the Assateague Island National Seashore are not planning any major changes to the rules regarding off road vehicles.
In February two people died after their 2004 Hummer overturned into the surf while driving off road at the island – an accident that has spurred an ongoing investigation.

Robert Fudge, chief of visitor services for the national seashore, said Memorial Day weekend is a popular time for visitors to drive along the beaches and no new regulations will be enforced.

“Everything remains the same in the off road vehicle zone in the way it’s marked,” Fudge said.

Meanwhile Attorney Charles L. Waechter, who currently represents families of the victims, is waiting on a lengthy report from the Department of Interior that will detail what may have happened the evening of Feb. 5.

However, the next steps the families will take “is probably premature to say,” Waechter said.

Surfers stumbled upon the body of 25-year-old Adam Starkey and his partially submerged Hummer nearly 12 hours after OnStar alerted authorities of an accident on Assateague the previous night.

OnStar, a vehicle safety device that automatically contacts emergency personnel when involved in an accident, sent a distress call to the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office just after 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 5.

The Sheriff’s Office subsequently alerted Assateague park rangers who, according to Fudge, did a thorough search of an area where off road driving on the beach is permitted, but were unable to locate the Hummer.

On Feb. 6 the body of 24-year-old Jennifer Holly Ashe was found by a state park ranger on the beach, about four miles from Starkey’s body and a half mile south of the Ocean City inlet.

According to the state medical examiner, both victims died of hypothermia, which was complicated by injuries they received from the accident.

Over the last few months, authorities have kept a tight lid on the investigation, revealing very little about what may have happened during the 12 hour period before the two victims were found.

According to a 911 tape, somebody from inside the vehicle pushed the OnStar emergency button just after 9:30 p.m. on Feb. 5. While the OnStar operator said he heard screaming, he did not directly speak to the occupants.

“We didn’t receive a discernable response,” said Terry Sullivan, vice president of communication for OnStar. “The advisor indicated that he thought he heard a woman’s voice, but the sounds are unclear.”

The 911 tape also indicates that the OnStar operator could not find an exact location of the accident, but was able to disclose latitude and longitude coordinates.

“They were very exact coordinates,” Sullivan said.

However, Fudge said the coordinates were not an exact pinpoint of the location, but more of a general area.

“[The rangers] investigated with what they were given,” Fudge said on Feb. 23. “They looked in an area they thought was an appropriate area. It does sound like that it was very hard for them to get an exact location.”
Old 05-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point