H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

So, SUT owners. Let's talk about this Slant Back deal.
I really want one (as I have mentioned 6000 times). After research and running into walls, I have come up with only one answer. My H2 brothers/ sisters and I will have to design one.

So there are some things to look into.
1) R&D.
Who has connections to professional fiber glass work and automotive glass? When I ask this I'm talking about Custom Work. Not Jimbob's glass shop. (unless Jimbob does custom work).

2) What options would you want?
Tinted/ plain glass. window defroster? rear Wiper? Automatic locking with remote?

3) Price?
there is a company (can't remeber the name off hand) who will not be producing one for the SUT but already has a conversion for the H1's. Their conversion starts at $3000.

On my truck i would like to see a high quality finsished product that will look OEM when finished. I would like to see it lock with the remote key fob only without an external lock and have a rear wiper and defroster. I would have it light up inside once the dome light is turned on with the truck or is opened. This can be done with door switches easily.

I know this would be a $3000 to $4000 project with all of those options. (Estimated) But once one is made and perfected cost should be cut in half for a prduction run.

I could have one made out of Alluminum Tubes for frame work and sheet metal finished with holes for glass, but this would be way to heavy. So fiberglass would be the way to go. I don't know anything about custom fiberglassing or molding for this either.

...let's talk about this.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Hummer Guru

So, SUT owners. Let's talk about this Slant Back deal.
I really want one (as I have mentioned 6000 times). After research and running into walls, I have come up with only one answer. My H2 brothers/ sisters and I will have to design one.

So there are some things to look into.
1) R&D.
Who has connections to professional fiber glass work and automotive glass? When I ask this I'm talking about Custom Work. Not Jimbob's glass shop. (unless Jimbob does custom work).

2) What options would you want?
Tinted/ plain glass. window defroster? rear Wiper? Automatic locking with remote?

3) Price?
there is a company (can't remeber the name off hand) who will not be producing one for the SUT but already has a conversion for the H1's. Their conversion starts at $3000.

On my truck i would like to see a high quality finsished product that will look OEM when finished. I would like to see it lock with the remote key fob only without an external lock and have a rear wiper and defroster. I would have it light up inside once the dome light is turned on with the truck or is opened. This can be done with door switches easily.

I know this would be a $3000 to $4000 project with all of those options. (Estimated) But once one is made and perfected cost should be cut in half for a prduction run.

I could have one made out of Alluminum Tubes for frame work and sheet metal finished with holes for glass, but this would be way to heavy. So fiberglass would be the way to go. I don't know anything about custom fiberglassing or molding for this either.

...let's talk about this.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Hummer Novice

H2ZRESQ is off the scale

Tim

Give me a call about this. I may have some options.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you ever try to contact the Hydrogen HUMMER people about theirs? They may be able to provide contact info for whoever made theirs.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:26 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Did you ever try to contact the Hydrogen HUMMER people about theirs? They may be able to provide contact info for whoever made theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ken, I would love to, but I have no contacts there. Or know who to even look for to contact.
I have contacted aftermarket companies, pick up truck cap companies, and a few custom shops out in Cali.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:57 AM

4churchill is off the scale

tim, let me know what you need from me, im definately in on whatever we need to do

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Did you ever try to contact the Hydrogen HUMMER people about theirs? They may be able to provide contact info for whoever made theirs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The slant back on the Hydrogen HUMMER was done internally at GM, and unless someone pretty high up the corporate food chain decides to offer it as an SPO option there's no way to get one from GM. Now if your looking for someone that can do a top notch job and would like to do that project call Paul langlois, owner of Master Models and Molds @ 734-564-0524. He rode along with me in a SUT at Kinsalows last spring and we talked quite a bit about doing a slant back at the time.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CLAYDOG:

The slant back on the Hydrogen HUMMER was done internally at GM, and unless someone pretty high up the corporate food chain decides to offer it as an SPO option there's no way to get one from GM. Now if your looking for someone that can do a top notch job and would like to do that project call Paul langlois, owner of Master Models and Molds @ 734-564-0524. He rode along with me in a SUT at Kinsalows last spring and we talked quite a bit about doing a slant back at the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CLay Dog, you rock! I will try him later this afternoon. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Happy Hummer is off the scale

I just received a call from HUMMER Corporate and they have NO PLANS to bring out the slant back top for the SUT.

I would be interested in one too....

ROB
2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
2008 Harley Screamin Eagle Ultra
2006 Wild West Custom Chopper
Old 02-23-2005, 06:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Just did some checking, and a company called Wheel to Wheel in Troy Mi.(Detroit area in any case) did the actual model and tooling work on the Hydrogen HUMMER. I don't know if they "own" the tooling or GM does,but if W2W owns the tools they may be able to sell parts out of them.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
http://www.wheeltowheelinc.com/

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Linky no worky.

Did a search on Dex and came up with squat too.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I think, think mind you, that wheel to wheel inc is now combined or has something to do with the new tecstar-starcraft thing. tecstarinc.com and starcraft.com are both not working either.

Maybe, try again tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:12 AM

Paul L is off the scale

no bs $2000 for a slant back any way you want it
Old 02-24-2005, 02:17 AM

Paul, what about making us a sample or a prototype? if you can provide a finished prouct with OEM or better quality and good functionality, I am sure you would have multiple if not many customers from this site alone.

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-24-2005, 02:38 AM

Paul L is off the scale

We do loads of glasswork. The first one requires tons of work; all the others are strait out the mold. So as i have said before - first one is free, but you have to leave your sut at my shop for a few days. All others are $2000
Old 02-24-2005, 02:38 AM

where is your shop paul? im interested

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 02-24-2005, 02:44 AM

Paul L is off the scale

in Mass.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:57 AM

hmmm, maybe ill have to drive the rig up there this summer when im back in ny. where in mass?

www.HUMMERNut.net