H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-25-2003, 10:31 PM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

I have had to have the shocks on the rear door replaced 3 times now!!! For some reason they just stop working.. I was told to open the rear hatch and let it go up and then when closing, do so slowly...So I have been and once again am having to get the replaced tomorrow....They just stop working and will not open nor hold the rear hatch open.... Anyone else???
Old 11-25-2003, 10:31 PM

I have had to have the shocks on the rear door replaced 3 times now!!! For some reason they just stop working.. I was told to open the rear hatch and let it go up and then when closing, do so slowly...So I have been and once again am having to get the replaced tomorrow....They just stop working and will not open nor hold the rear hatch open.... Anyone else???
Old 11-25-2003, 10:45 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

Never experienced this.. However in the 6 months of ownership I don't think I've open the back door more the 10 times.. Now I'm afraid too!

Mike
Old 11-25-2003, 10:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I've had my H2 for almost 15 months, have opened the rear hatch dozens of times. Slammed it unintentionally several times. No problem with the struts yet.

Jim
Red H2
Old 11-25-2003, 10:56 PM

buddy is off the scale

No problem here. Same as Jim, rear hatch opened dozens of times since July 2002.

Buddy
Old 11-25-2003, 11:38 PM

Well I think that I am getting some bad struts or something.. Have to talk to them about this.... Hopefully it will get fixed...
Old 11-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Mine is opened 6 to 10 times a day and is over a year old that is between 7000 & 11000 times.

The "STRUT" is rated at 10,000 cycles in the design spec. And that crap they told you about opening and closing it slow has no bearing on longevity. Have them replace the whole H2 under the LEMON LAW ! (3 times for the same problem and you get a new car) Don't let them tell you no get an attorney and you will be riding in style in a new 2004 in a few weeks. I have done it in the past and gotten brand new cars!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:49 PM

alecs wife is off the scale

the lemmon only concerns SAFTY & DRIVEABILITY not latches

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-25-2003, 11:56 PM

unaslob is off the scale

what the hell are you talking about.. your could bang a finger...teehee

seriously, since I put a gobi ladder, mine doesnt open all the way like it used to, it had to be pushed up... anyone know about getting stronger struts???

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-26-2003, 12:00 AM

For that matter, I should return mine for the weather stripping coming off some times

That's not safe right?????? Who know's they just might give me an H1 since the stripping is better!!???

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-26-2003, 12:13 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

My rear door is used daily over a year, I slam it often, even if I don't slam it, it sounds like I am slamming it. What can you do? its a heavy door. What I don't like about it is that the license plate is only fixed at the top 2 points, thus causing the plate to make that shaking noise, I like my doors slam shut solid in one sound. Mine is working fine.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:16 AM

Mine makes this hissing noise when I open it. Is it OK!!!! Can I return for lemon law????