H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default This is why.... you bought a HUMMER

Prove that you are not a poser and get there!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This is why.... you bought a HUMMER

While it's great that everyon's getting together:
$175.00 for truck and driver + $90 per passenger. What a ripoff.
Does that include the $65 anual membership fee?

Is this public or private land?
Old 03-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Camou2 is on a distinguished road

Uh, let's see, Breakfast, dinner each day, an off road venture with skilled trail leaders and event coordinators, AND the assurance that your Hummer is in capable hands to be repaired, fixed/towed off of a trail if it should breakdown. I kind of think that "peace of mind" is priceless.

Really, a Ripoff!?? That's not worth it to you? Next time you're out on a trail several miles into an ORV Park, and you break down, call a towing company, and remember to tell them to bring you parts to fix your rig, oh yeah and tell them to bring you breakfast and dinner while you wait for them to arrive and then tow you out of the park, and then FIX your rig.

Really? I'd love to see the tow driver bent over laughing with that kind of request.

I think the PRICE is CHEAP for what you're getting from THC. Quoted from other forum post by: richbodygym

Really? Plus paid ORV Park fees, plus an event shirt, plus liability and accident insurance coverage, plus awards and giveaways at the Saturday night dinner, plus the friendships that you will make for life (maybe the most value). Our Club events are priced to break-even and hopefully we accomplish that at each event for the enjoyment of the Club members and to be able to do this again next year! By: Camou2
2008 H3 Alpha
Old 03-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

can we get a link up for this outing....

i take that back.. refreshed page multiple times and image showed up with link and info

Last edited by Hellz : 03-12-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camou2
Uh, let's see, Breakfast, dinner each day, an off road venture with skilled trail leaders and event coordinators, AND the assurance that your Hummer is in capable hands to be repaired, fixed/towed off of a trail if it should breakdown. I kind of think that "peace of mind" is priceless.

I didn't think you guys had dealer/tech support any longer? Your "add" doesn't say anything about OHV fees, breakfast, or dinner included in the assocaited costs. Are all of those fees included?

Really, a Ripoff!?? That's not worth it to you? Next time you're out on a trail several miles into an ORV Park, and you break down, call a towing company, and remember to tell them to bring you parts to fix your rig, oh yeah and tell them to bring you breakfast and dinner while you wait for them to arrive and then tow you out of the park, and then FIX your rig.

I don;t wheel in ORV parks, our group brings tools, parts. As for a tow, yes that's some big bucks if you breakdown on a trail. Insurance is a must to make sure you are covered off road.

I think the PRICE is CHEAP for what you're getting from THC. Quoted from other forum post by: richbodygym

Really? Plus paid ORV Park fees, plus an event shirt, plus liability and accident insurance coverage, plus awards and giveaways at the Saturday night dinner, plus the friendships that you will make for life (maybe the most value). Our Club events are priced to break-even and hopefully we accomplish that at each event for the enjoyment of the Club members and to be able to do this again next year! By: Camou2

So the Club covers all memeber's accidents, breakdowns on their events?
example" H3 owners comes to event, wheels, 1st time out, blows up his front diff, slams into a tree in the process. THCI will cover his repairs and damage through this insurance/ liability coverage?

As for meeting up with others on the trip, perfect! That's what the events are all about. I have had 2 experiences with THCI. 1 was a bunch of H1 owners who basically laughed at the H2's I was with. ..back in 04.
Second, I was going to be running the same trail, the same day as the THCI was in Moab. I was told you cannot run with us..even though this was public land and was at the trail head. So, yeah, great group those two were. I know quite a few people that run with THCI. Good people, too bad the guys running it back than were ignorant..not sure if they are the smae now or not.

Membership fee $65. no big deal. But than to pay for each event, I just don't see it. I can run with the CHO group, meet many of the same people, have no dues per event. If the event(s) were hosted on private land, held at a resort setting, the cost wouldn;t be bad.
But at $265 for a small family just to attend 1 event, seems steep to me.

If all the above costs you and I both listed are included/ covered, it's not bad, but still pricing out many that cannot afford an expesive weekend like that. ...just saying. I'm sure it's worth it to many that don;t have spare parts, tools to work on thier trucks, or...
Old 03-12-2011, 11:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Camou2 is on a distinguished road

If you did that with your H3 we would put you in a 1st time group where you would run trails that met your experience and capability! Liability insurance would not come into play unless the land owner or ORV Park decided they would sue the Club as a result of damage to their property because of negligence. The accident policy would cover costs related to medical care necessary for occupants of the vehicle.

The Club has changed fairly significant over the past four years and certainly since its beginning. Four of our current seven Board members own H2's or H3's and typically our events will have a mix of about 50% H1's, 25% H2's and 25% H3's. We anticipate about 35 to 40 trucks at Black Mountain.

As for repairs to your truck that is why we have personal auto insurance and for the blown differential you can bet that it will get fixed on the trails by either a mechanical support team or Club members. Whoever had the spare differential or parts just needs to be reimbursed for the cost of parts that they paid.

We used to have dealer mechanical support at every event but.... you know the rest of the story! We still have support from AM General at some events.

I can understand how traveling to an event and paying the event fees as well as hotel costs may make the event too expensive for some owners. But we also encourage local Club member events where there may be no fees or the event may be a day off roading at a local venue or the event may be a wrenching party where members just get together to work on their trucks or it may be totally unrelated to the truck. We have charitable events which support local communities or just a day at a football game with dinner. So there are a lot of opportunities to meet other Club members without spending a lot of $'s.
2008 H3 Alpha
Old 03-13-2011, 05:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

cdmintmi is on a distinguished road

Why would you complain about the price? I dont see any of you putting on an outing like this....I mean if you think its too much money why not just say, "wow that sounds fun. Wish I could attend but I dont think I could pay that much. Hope you have a great time."

I dont know how much it cost to put one of these on but Im sure its not cheap, especially with food cuase you never know how many are going to show up and you have to start the price somewhere. I dont maybe Im not informed enough, but to me I wish more people would put things like this together. Im not saying its cheap, but I wouldnt bash someone for trying.

Besides a 265 dollar weekend with the family isnt all that bad. I spent 250 just taking me and my wife to be the beach a couple weeks back, and we had a free place to stay....and the only wheeling I got to do was around the mall parking lot!!!
06 H3, Boulder Grey (somtimes/mostly just mud, color of mud varies), Leveling Kit, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's, Westin chrome nerf bar, chrome brush guard, Chrome kit, chrome roof bars, navigation, XM,
brush gaurd lights. Want: 4" or 6" lift, rock rails to replace the steps, roof rack w/lights, want a rack above the spare on rear door, custom seat covers...should be done then but I doubt it
Old 03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmintmi
Why would you complain about the price? I dont see any of you putting on an outing like this....I mean if you think its too much money why not just say, "wow that sounds fun. Wish I could attend but I dont think I could pay that much. Hope you have a great time."

I put 3 to 4 groups a year together, attend 1 in Ouray, attend 2 CHO events in Moab each year. However, dinners are not included. The events that do charge are charged out per vehicle, not for each participant. The most expensive is $120 for the week/ per vehicle. Add a Tshirt, decal after if you choose to buy one or more.

The original "add" posted did not clarify what all was included, what "support" will be there. The general "support paragraph" was posted below as I have seen at their past events. I also knew that there is no more GM support on these events. You need parts, you have to pay for them, you need something fixed, you have freinds in the group to help out.

I still feel this is expensive for many owners. WHile I'm sure the event will be a success/ fun time, I'm sure their are others that are not attending due to the additional costs.

I'm also glad to hear the board is changed from past years.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Tim

I am sorry you cannot see the forest through the trees.

The bottom line is a THCI event is just that a full blown event, not just guys gathering together to go wheeling for a day. It's carefully planned, catered scheduled etc.... Its a full blown profesisonaly run production.

If you cannot afford to go, then dont go. No reason for you to try an justify it. Come on man have some class and support more than just your one club. If clubs continue to work against eachother they will al destroy eachother.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Hummer Expert

Tim

The bottom line is a THCI event is just that a full blown event, not just guys gathering together to go wheeling for a day. It's carefully planned, catered scheduled etc.... Its a full blown profesisonaly run production.

If you cannot afford to go, then dont go. No reason for you to try an justify it. Come on man have some class and support more than just your one club. If clubs continue to work against eachother they will al destroy eachother.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Tim

Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Guys this is totally worth it, my wife and I went to Windrock's Hummer Club event a few years back put together by these guys and it was an AWESOME weekend all around, if you are within driving distance I would recommend it to anyone, even if you have never taken your rig offroad I would recommended, you will be guided and followed by people who know the trails and know how much your rig will handle, this is not put together by a bunch of rednecks, it is very proffesional.

If you have more advance offroad experience you will go with a group and trails that are set to your driving skills, if you brake a tie-rod or a halfshaft everyone will try to throw parts at you and help you fix your rig for you on the trail, I mean, this is WHY you bought a Hummer... if not you should have bought a Kia Sorento and call it a day, you dont buy a racecar if you're not gonna race it, you WILL meet great people from all over the place, I met folks who came from over 1000 miles away 5 states away just for that weekend and you get to share great offroad stories, laugh, talk and just enjoy yourself, it's truely a great experience.
The entry fee its nothing compared to how much fun you will have, for me personally it was the amount of information and offroad skills that I learned from hanging out with proffesional drivers, doesn't matter if you've gone muddin' for years or you go to your local "trails" every weekend with your buddies, this is not the same thing, this is awesome and totally worth it if you can make it.

Here are some pics from the event I went to:
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...light=windrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFDGguv4-4

20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.

Last edited by ROUSHDEMON : 03-14-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Here are some pictures from last year!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Hummer Expert

And some more

Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Last ones

Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Great pictures Eric!!!!
20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

I go to my deer lease every week. Im knee deep in offroading my H2. Im not too worried about rock crawling to prove Im not a poser but thaks for the info.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

Those are some awesome pictures. Congrats on a great event!
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 03-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badace
I go to my deer lease every week. Im knee deep in offroading my H2. Im not too worried about rock crawling to prove Im not a poser but thaks for the info.

Badace easy there buddy. My poser comment meant to be taken tounge in cheek
Old 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

humminnboatin, on the post "and some more" whats the specs on the 7nth picture of an h2? the rack and tubework look intresting. have any more pics or info on that truck?