H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

I read in the paper that GM is having a massive recall that will include 04-05 H2 SUVs and SUTs. Something about the brakes and flying parts when opening the hood.
I tried accessing MyGMLink Owner Center but the recall section was "not available at this time"
Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

I read in the paper that GM is having a massive recall that will include 04-05 H2 SUVs and SUTs. Something about the brakes and flying parts when opening the hood.
I tried accessing MyGMLink Owner Center but the recall section was "not available at this time"
Does anyone have any info on this?
Old 02-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Something about the brakes and flying parts when opening the hood <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't worry about it, that doesn't sound to serious to me .
Old 02-15-2005, 04:08 AM

BlingBlingH2 is off the scale

yo i been heern dem same rumorz and shiz, but i heard da want to recall dem hole GM H2's. all dem fak lookn hummer parts come flyn off when yall leave dem GM car lotz. den da wheelz cum flyn off when you be cruzin down da strip, like a mug. sucka

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vip808:
Does anyone have any info on this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your POS H2 or H3 is nothing more then a rebadged GM Truck that \"LOOKS\" like a Hummer. Keep buyn dem overpriced POS GM (wanna be Hummer) trucks you idiots
Old 02-15-2005, 04:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

http://autonet.ca/Maintenance/Recall...10/926591.html

Recall for Hummer, other GM trucks

by Associated Press posted February 10, 2005

DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. is recalling 155,465 pickups and sport utility vehicles -- including the Hummer H2 -- because of possible brake malfunctions, the world's biggest automaker and federal safety regulators said Thursday.

All of the affected vehicles are from the 2004 and 2005 model years and have Bosch hydro-boost brake assemblies. They are the Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado and Suburban; the GMC Savana, Sierra and Yukon XL; two commercial trucks, the GMC Topkick and Chevrolet Kodiak; and the Hummer H2, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

NHTSA said a pressure accumulator in the braking system could crack during normal driving and fragments could injure people if the hood was open. The crack also could allow hydraulic fluid to leak, which could make it harder to brake or steer and could cause a crash.

GM spokesman Alan Adler said the company did not know of any injuries related to the problem.

The automaker is expected to begin notifying consumers about the recall next month. Dealers will replace affected brake systems for free, NHTSA said.

The number of affected vehicles that were sold in Canada was not immediately released.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

The article stated:
including the Hummer H2

But why didn't it state:
including the Chevrolet Avalanche, Express, Silverado and Suburban; the GMC Savana, Sierra and Yukon XL; two commercial trucks, the GMC Topkick and Chevrolet Kodiak

The point is the article singled out the HUMMER, but no other vehicle. It's all about the liberal agenda. A$$ H@le$.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

Has anyone got a TSB # for the recall? I wanted my dealership to look at it. But they said they have no work order or TSB# so they can't fix it till they do.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:51 AM

4churchill is off the scale

vip our service manager is telling people that too. If I hear anything I will let you know.

www.HUMMERNut.net