H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone else seen the new Dirt Sport Concept H2.
I went to an Offroad Jamboree this weekend, and GM had 3 of thier new Concept vehicles out there. A SSR, a Colorado, and a Dirt Sport Concept H2.
The D/S Concept H2 has resevior shocks, 20"H2 wheels, full underbody protection, Metallic Cement paint, Carbon fiber interior trim plates, Tobacco colored leather interior, billet tow hooks, night vision, electronic step assist which also serves as rocker protection, and a supercharger(400HP!).
The only person to ask about details, was the semi truck driver, so I don't know much about it. Does anyone else have any details? I will post pictures soon!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Hummer Guru

Has anyone else seen the new Dirt Sport Concept H2.
I went to an Offroad Jamboree this weekend, and GM had 3 of thier new Concept vehicles out there. A SSR, a Colorado, and a Dirt Sport Concept H2.
The D/S Concept H2 has resevior shocks, 20"H2 wheels, full underbody protection, Metallic Cement paint, Carbon fiber interior trim plates, Tobacco colored leather interior, billet tow hooks, night vision, electronic step assist which also serves as rocker protection, and a supercharger(400HP!).
The only person to ask about details, was the semi truck driver, so I don't know much about it. Does anyone else have any details? I will post pictures soon!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

http://hummer.autoselect.se/?MenuID=4633&GroupID=5033

HUMMER H2 SUT ‘DIRT SPORTS’

In showcasing the 2005 H2 SUT, the HUMMER team couldn’t decide whether to equip the “Dirt Sports” Concept shown at the 2003 SEMA event with an off-road dirt bike package, an off-road canvas storage package or a hard tonneau package. So they decided to show all three during the run of the show. In the process they emphasized the H2 SUT’s functionality and versatility, as well as its willingness to play in the dirt.

For those who relax by racing dirt bikes, the H2 SUT Dirt Sports Concept off-road dirt bike package features a truck bed extender to easily accommodate two dirt bikes, a brushed aluminum bike carrier and a tire carrier. This package will be shown on the first and second days of the SEMA show.

Camping aficionados, meanwhile, will appreciate all the conveniences provided by the off-road canvas storage package. It includes a canvas roll-up square-back top with side and rear windows and zip-in screens that turns the SUT’s bed into a larger cargo area with plenty of conveniences. This extra storage can be use to store camping equipment and …

On the fifth and sixth days of the show the H2 SUT Dirt Sports concept will feature the hard tonneau package, which is rugged enough for off-road use and is stylish enough to used in an urban environment. It includes a fully integrated modular storage basket that is stackable on either the hard tonneau cover or the SUT bed.

No matter which day show attendees view the SUT Dirt Sports Concept, other vehicle elements will remain constant. Everyone will be able to view and appreciate the new interior featured in this vehicle. It includes a seven-piece carbon fiber insert that is applied to the instrument panel. The interior features the new ebony leather, including full leather seats and ebony color theme that will be featured on all 2005 HUMMER models. Perforated leather is used on the instrument panel and the door trim grab handles. Leather is also used to cover the console lid, the door trim armrests and the door trim surround.
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Another:
http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...e/1267046.html
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Hummer Guru

Thanks for the extra info. It really is a nice set up they have there! I was impressed with the added U/C protection! Especially around the A-Arms!
Looks nice, and very practical for the weekend warrior!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:58 PM

alecs wife is off the scale

I just have to wonder how they have made it more off-road capable.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 04-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the look of the Black Ops edition better

Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 PM

alecs wife is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R2:
I just have to wonder how they have made it more off-road capable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Easy.

2-3" lift, 37x12.50 (or larger) tires, front elocker, disabled TCS/TC2, ripped out all carpet and cheap plastic, real underbody protection, rock sliders, better gearing ratio, sealed vent system, 11.5" RG in rear diff, HD tie rods, HD Pitman/idler arms, etc, etc...

That should do for a start and if they get bored they could put a real solid axle up front.

However, I suspect they will just add some badges, some chrome, maybe some MT's, and more chrome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree... CHROME = BETTER OFF-ROAD
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 04-06-2005, 03:07 AM
Hummer Guru

They actually added more skid plates especially covering the a-arms, the resevior shocks will help a little, and the night vision helps with hunting at night!
Of course the factory supercharger wouldn't hurt!
I think Phil uses the bald thing to make himself feel bettet though!

Ric-H2