H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Urban Ops is on a distinguished road
Default Another PCM For Less thread.

After long and careful consideration I sent my PCM to PCM for less.

Here's why:

Recently, like many other's, I have had my head replaced. The first thing I noticed when I got it back is it still idled rough. Not as rough as with the previous head but not as smooth as when it was new. Second thing I noticed, it had a hesitation upon acceleration. Only a brief one but all the same, I didn't have it before. Third thing, rough starting, especially in the morning. Even though is started, it was like it wasn't quite running on all 5 cylinders. On a good note, I noticed too, that the cruise control no longer mashed the gas to get up to speed. That was my clue that there had been an update to my PCM. It was confirmed by my work order.
I took it back to the dealer, showed the tech what I was talking about and got a loaner. The next day the dealer called and said "everything you are saying is in fact there but there's nothing we can do to fix it" and "we compared it to like vehicles and they ran the same way". I said, "That's BS! Mine did not run like that before the update and the loaner did not run like that right now." She said, "the loaner has not been updated".

With that less than "Completely Satisfied" 75 mile round trip and all the bad mouthing from everyone EXCEPT anyone that has had it done, I decided to give them a try. I called Kelly on Friday and I too got the answering machine. But get this! She returned my call the same day!!! That was for the guy that complained about getting the machine and equating that with bad customer service. Call my office sometime Sport, see WHAT answers. Anyway....... After Kelly answered all my questions I was sold.

I pulled my PCM out and shipped it Monday. I chose not to get a loaner. I have other cars. They received AND shipped it back out Wednesday. I got it today, Thursday. Thats 4 days from California to North Carolina and back people. Not a bad start.

After the weekend I will post MY observations.

If there are any unhappy customers, I haven't been able to find any posts from them. Just their buddies........

Last edited by Urban Ops : 05-03-2007 at 11:01 PM.