H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-19-2006, 05:41 PM

hdfatboy is off the scale

This sunroof is strong enough to hurt and could severely injure someone. I am not talking about a cigarette lighter and or god forbid the fog lights not working. This is a serious problem one touch of this button when open will and can cause serious injury maybe death. Please check your anti-pinch feature to see if it works. There are no fixes for it at this time............
Old 02-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

How about this solution?
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick a chicken bone in there and close it, if it breaks then you might have something to support your now unreasonable fear.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Anonymous is off the scale

The one on my sunroof works just fine, but the one on the hood, rear gate, windows, passenger doors, glove box, console, fuse box, and gas door are all defective. I've got a call in to Jackie Childs, I smell a law suit. To make things worse, I put a burrito in the microwave at the corner convenience store and the damn thing just slammed shut. I barely got the burrito out in time but I was too traumatized at that point to eat. I'll just go get some hot coffee at McDonalds, that sounds safe.

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:31 PM

Alex W
It is obvious that you do not have a sunroof in your HUMMER. If you did you should test it for yourself, place you tongue at the end and close the sunroof maybe it will make a believer outtta you................

This is suppose to be a safety feature. Why put a smoke detector in your house if you do not smoke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hdfatboy:
This sunroof is strong enough to hurt and could severely injure someone. I am not talking about a cigarette lighter and or god forbid the fog lights not working. This is a serious problem one touch of this button when open will and can cause serious injury maybe death. Please check your anti-pinch feature to see if it works. There are no fixes for it at this time............ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Serious injury my ass, LMFAO

Didums the fat boy get his finger caught in the sunroof? Boohoo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Green Lantern:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Pink Lantern:

I love the pinching! and the squeezing....

oooooooooo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The <span class="ev_code_PINK">Pink</span> Lantern...interesting name, I hope we're not related... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought she was your girlfriend TGL
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-19-2006, 07:41 PM

I throught this message board was for our less fortunate H3 owners and not like yourself who leasing or may own a H2. I glad your sunroof works to bad for the rest of us poor bastar s..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hdfatboy:
It is obvious that you do not have a sunroof in your HUMMER. If you did you should test it for yourself, place you tongue at the end and close the sunroof maybe it will make a believer outtta you................

This is suppose to be a safety feature. Why put a smoke detector in your house if you do not smoke.

This sunroof is strong enough to hurt and could severely injure someone. I am not talking about a cigarette lighter and or god forbid the fog lights not working. This is a serious problem one touch of this button when open will and can cause serious injury maybe death. Please check your anti-pinch feature to see if it works. There are no fixes for it at this time............ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Serious injury my ass, LMFAO

Didums the fat boy get his finger caught in the sunroof? Boohoo </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not only do I have a sunroof in my Hummer, I own an H2 which as you know has a stock sunroof with quadruple the power of your flimsy H3 sunroof. My sunroof is extremely dangerous and could easily cut a man in half by merely looking at the button.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

profish00 is off the scale

as stated above the hood and tires will kill you. its the little things like the windshield wiper that will beat you to death. God forbid the cigarette lighter on your private part; that hurts and need looked at.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

kidding aside, it is a legitimate concern for those who are concenred. They are supposed to stop for a reason. Now it may not be able to sever fingers, who knows?, but it could still have power enough to hurt a little kids or dogs neck or even the drivers flanges. The point is that we are all responsible for our onwn actions. But if they didn't think it was important they wouldn't have made one that is supposed to stop.

Legitimate concernt hat the dealer needs to address. JMHO!
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:39 PM

Thank You, for your concern.........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PackerFever:
kidding aside, it is a legitimate concern for those who are concenred. They are supposed to stop for a reason. Now it may not be able to sever fingers, who knows?, but it could still have power enough to hurt a little kids or dogs neck or even the drivers flanges. The point is that we are all responsible for our onwn actions. But if they didn't think it was important they wouldn't have made one that is supposed to stop.

Legitimate concernt hat the dealer needs to address. JMHO! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunroofs are great for transporting large plants. Just ask Alec.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:20 PM

HummerB is off the scale

when i bought mine my dealer tested it while i was in the truck and it worked fine. hmmmm i am a little scared to go test it now!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:22 PM

HummerB is off the scale

yup, couldn't stand it i had to go and try it. fawking thing doesn't work! i don't understand why it did when my dealer did it..

oh well i guess it doesnt really matter though.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

How about you don't stick your head or other appendage out of the sunroof while closing it? You must be a multiple Darwin Award runner-up.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Is my aftermarket sunroof the only one that works if blocked?.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll go to Home Depot and get a cinder block and see if the damn thing stops!!!

GM said that the sunroof has a no pinch feature, I'm going to hire Walc to sue!!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This is suppose to be a safety feature. Why put a smoke detector in your house if you do not smoke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WTF is this suppose to mean????

The sunroof motor does not have enough torque to do any damage to the human body except maybe break a finger or asphixiate by closing on the neck. Obviously a reasonable person should be able to avoid this due to the slow moving motor.