H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Modley:
Thanks for you hospitality. Jacka**es </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Come on back now, ya hear"
Old 12-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Six or seven in one dealership is one thing I have a hard time believing.
So, you are saying they are getting a bare cylinder head and they have to lap the valves to the head. However, if GM wanted this back for inspection, they would require the entire head with the valves, and which time they would send out another full head assembly. (Partsguy might jump in and straighten me out, just in case they don't offer a full head assembly; I will check tomorrow just out of curiosity).
If the tech who is working on the engine cannot lap the valves to the cylinder head, then you have a right to be worried. Installing the valves, keepers, springs, etc. are very easy, and the dealer has all the right tools in their tool kit. (Special tools they paid for from Kent-Moore.)
Would hope they are not out muddin' but for a dealer to make these statements make me think the dealer is full of poopie (that's a politically correct word for **** ).
As for miles on vehicles and repairs, you appear to have been very lucky over the years.
In the past ten years, I have had the following experiences with cars:
1995 SSEi - Updated Calibration
1996 SSEi - Nothing
1997 Jeep - Exhaust manifold, ignition coil, cylinder head, timing chain, all withing 12K, then nothing for another 20+K. Guess the dealer finally got it right.
1998 SSEi - Recalibration and new floor mats
1998 Cadillac Caterra - Nothing big, but in one year, 14 trips (half towed) to the dealer
1999 Corvette - Nothing until I took it apart and modified it, which I'm still doing.
1999 GTP - Nothing
2001 GTP - Head up display replaced
2003 Corvette - Three trips to dealer (one was for a broken ignition key ring attachment)
2003 Jeep Wrangler - Spark plug, exhaust manifold.

I guess what I'm saying is that some cars break, some don't.

Yes, we do defend the H3, but look at this logically. Your first post is full of ambiguous and far fetech statements, and again, your last sentence makes you appear to be a troll.
I understand there are people out there who actually believe what a service person says, but for many of us, we believe half of what they say and ignore the other half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">Don't involve me(even if you are correct .Loaded heads would be the cheapest way for GM to go.Why would they pay the labor rate to assemble said bare heads.I think this person has been BS"d by a service person who made somthing up to make up for time spent in the service dept.[COLOR:RED]Someone forgot to order some[COLOR:RED]thing or did't know what was wrong to begin with.If your full of it shame on ya!! If not I"m sorry but,You need to talk with the service Mgr.</span> [/color][/color]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Just PM me with the last eight digits of your VIN.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 AM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Just PM me with the last eight digits of your VIN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just sent it to you. I would love to know if I'm being BS'd
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
Six or seven in one dealership is one thing I have a hard time believing.
So, you are saying they are getting a bare cylinder head and they have to lap the valves to the head. However, if GM wanted this back for inspection, they would require the entire head with the valves, and which time they would send out another full head assembly. (Partsguy might jump in and straighten me out, just in case they don't offer a full head assembly; I will check tomorrow just out of curiosity).
If the tech who is working on the engine cannot lap the valves to the cylinder head, then you have a right to be worried. Installing the valves, keepers, springs, etc. are very easy, and the dealer has all the right tools in their tool kit. (Special tools they paid for from Kent-Moore.)
Would hope they are not out muddin' but for a dealer to make these statements make me think the dealer is full of poopie (that's a politically correct word for **** ).
As for miles on vehicles and repairs, you appear to have been very lucky over the years.
In the past ten years, I have had the following experiences with cars:
1995 SSEi - Updated Calibration
1996 SSEi - Nothing
1997 Jeep - Exhaust manifold, ignition coil, cylinder head, timing chain, all withing 12K, then nothing for another 20+K. Guess the dealer finally got it right.
1998 SSEi - Recalibration and new floor mats
1998 Cadillac Caterra - Nothing big, but in one year, 14 trips (half towed) to the dealer
1999 Corvette - Nothing until I took it apart and modified it, which I'm still doing.
1999 GTP - Nothing
2001 GTP - Head up display replaced
2003 Corvette - Three trips to dealer (one was for a broken ignition key ring attachment)
2003 Jeep Wrangler - Spark plug, exhaust manifold.

I guess what I'm saying is that some cars break, some don't.

Yes, we do defend the H3, but look at this logically. Your first post is full of ambiguous and far fetech statements, and again, your last sentence makes you appear to be a troll.
I understand there are people out there who actually believe what a service person says, but for many of us, we believe half of what they say and ignore the other half. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">Don't involve me(even if you are correct .Loaded heads would be the cheapest way for GM to go.Why would they pay the labor rate to assemble said bare heads.I think this person has been BS"d by a service person who made somthing up to make up for time spent in the service dept.[COLOR:RED]Someone forgot to order some[COLOR:RED]thing or did't know what was wrong to begin with.If your full of it shame on ya!! If not I"m sorry but,You need to talk with the service Mgr.</span> [/color][/color] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand. Maybe I am being BS'd by the dealer. The next dealer is 220 miles away so I kinda have to go by what they are telling me.

I'm assuming F5 has the ability to look it up. So we will see.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got only ONE QUESTION. If this is simply a matter of the computer running the engine lean, why aren't we all being called in to be reprogrammed before it tears up our heads? Hmmm?!? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Modley:

I just sent it to you. I would love to know if I'm being BS'd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, didn't get it.

As for why there is not a recall if it is a calibration.

If this is a legitimate thread, it takes time to write a calibration. The problem has to be analyzed. Makes no sense to go out with a new calibration that could cause other problems.
If an engine is burning too lean, destroying valves, then it does not make sense to richen up the mixture, and have another problem pop up. In other words, you just can't fix a lean condition, and every time an engine calibration is changed, it has to be emission certified.
In addition, it could be what is called a "quality spill." Heads may actually be the problem and only certain ones are affected. (Similar to the rear axle problem early in the game.)
Then again, if it is only five or ten H3s that have shown up, out of 28K that have been sold, this won't even attract attention.
TAC will send a report to the powertrain engineering report, but if it just started it takes time to come out with a repair.

They have quite a few of these H3s in the GM fleet, some with loads of miles, and I have not heard a thing about this problem (doesn't mean it does not exist).
Old 12-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man u guys r a**holes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NANA NANA NANA....u guys r a**holes!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were included. Geez </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

no dealer rep in his right mind would tell you other trucks are haivng the same problem and scare you like that. Sounds like Bull Sheeet
Old 12-09-2005, 11:58 AM

Modley is off the scale

I just sent it to you. I would love to know if I'm being BS'd </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Strange, didn't get it.

As for why there is not a recall if it is a calibration.

If this is a legitimate thread, it takes time to write a calibration. The problem has to be analyzed. Makes no sense to go out with a new calibration that could cause other problems.
If an engine is burning too lean, destroying valves, then it does not make sense to richen up the mixture, and have another problem pop up. In other words, you just can't fix a lean condition, and every time an engine calibration is changed, it has to be emission certified.
In addition, it could be what is called a "quality spill." Heads may actually be the problem and only certain ones are affected. (Similar to the rear axle problem early in the game.)
Then again, if it is only five or ten H3s that have shown up, out of 28K that have been sold, this won't even attract attention.
TAC will send a report to the powertrain engineering report, but if it just started it takes time to come out with a repair.

They have quite a few of these H3s in the GM fleet, some with loads of miles, and I have not heard a thing about this problem (doesn't mean it does not exist). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats what he's telling me. I guess he's lying to me.

I sent you the PM with the VIN by clicking on start a private thread. Did you check there?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Modley is off the scale

I started a thread and it shows you were invited however you havent joined

I can see it at:

Go/my space/private messaging/
Old 12-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I started a thread and it shows you were invited however you havent joined

I can see it at:

Go/my space/private messaging/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Funny, I didn't get a PM either.

Must be something else that is broke only for you.

A little more of why your whole story sounds like BS is because the problems with the Colorado/Canyon I-5s were related to the valve springs. To solve those problems, they did not replace the head, valves or anything except the valve springs and didn't need to pull the head to do it.

Of course, you haven't mentioned who the dealer is, who your service writer is, or anything that legit owners here bring up when they have problems crop up like this.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:37 PM

Modley is off the scale

He does have it and I'll be glad to provide you with verification. How do you want to do it. You want me to conference you in with the dealer? You want to call them with me on the phone? As long as it's fair.

I'm starting to think you guys are the Trolls

I have told everyone here exactly what the dealer told me.

I have nothing to Hide.

I don't know if my dealer is BSin me that's why I came to this forum.

To find out if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Banned

As P already mentioned...

Who IS your dealer????

It's only fair that you let us know that so we can make sure that other H3 owners don't get "BS'd" as well.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:45 PM

Modley is off the scale

Sunrise Hummer Bartlett, TN
Old 12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned

Now was that freakin hard! Thanks!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:53 PM

Modley is off the scale

Did you ever think that maybe I did't want to make my dealer look bad.

I'd really do not want to make Hummer or my dealer look bad.

The dealer has been very very good to me. The only problem is my Hummer is broke and the problem they are telling me I have is very troubling.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunrise HUMMER
8500 Highway 64
Bartlett, TN 38133
Phone (901) 333-8000

Paul Baggett is the Hummer Service Manager.

He was not available to talk with when I called. I didnot LVM though.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Banned

Your thought process is amazing. I hate that your having a problem with your H3..I really do...but the more you talk...the bigger of a hypocrite you look like.
I love my hummer but wish I didn't buy it
The dealer might be BSing me...but I don't want them to look bad.

WTF!!
I'm not trying to ride you a$$...I'm just trying to understand.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:10 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIHUMMER:
Your thought process is amazing. I hate that your having a problem with your H3..I really do...but the more you talk...the bigger of a hypocrite you look like.
I love my hummer but wish I didn't buy it
The dealer might be BSing me...but I don't want them to look bad.

WTF!!
I'm not trying to ride you a$$...I'm just trying to understand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geez you guys said he's Bsin me not me!

I said I wish I hadn't bought it at a time when I was just told there were major problems with it. And that there were others with the same problem.

What do you expect.

Now you guys say there is no know problem and that my dealer is BS'in me.

Who am I to believe random people on the net or my dealer?

Maybe we will soon know.