H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got a backup camera with 3.5" monitor. I found a place for the monitor but I'm having trouble finding a good place for the camera. I've seen some posts with it in the license plate light housing, does the spare tire and tow hitch to the left interfere with the camera's view? What about just to the right of the license plate on the bumper? Any suggestions?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not sure I remember talking to installer about a 160 degrees before install not sure if that was put in.Maybee you can compare to yours and let me know.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:14 PM

Game Over is off the scale

I agree with 442, centered cameras are much better so 'm gonna see if I can drill one right above where the hitch goes. I was looking at it earlier...the only problem I see is threading the camera since there's no way to hold it from the back....if i don't see it happening I will mount it where 442 has his most probably....
Old 01-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Pic of can 10 feet back from bumper
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:45 PM

Game Over is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yat74:
I have a trailer hitch and there is a steel bar behind the bumper in the section you speak of it is part of the hitch assembly. The bumper is platic in that spot but getting through the hitch bar behind it is where I'm stuck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I found that out the hard way now I have a 1mm peep hole....I should have followed the "look twice, drill once" rule...oh well , not too concerned about it 'coz I already have a few things in mind to remedy the lil hole...one of 'em is to not look at it

I need to look at how much spacing there is if any between the plastic part and the steel bar....
Old 01-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

What kind of angle does your camera have 442? I think mine is 120 degrees.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Hummer Guru

If you noticed you cant see the spare.Look at the other pics I have listed ,the pic thats 1 foot away 4 inches from tire will give you an idea.The further away the object the more center it is.When I bring it up driving it seems centered to trafic I guess its because im sitting off center to begin with.eclipse dvd/nav rear camera
Old 01-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

Just got a backup camera with 3.5" monitor. I found a place for the monitor but I'm having trouble finding a good place for the camera. I've seen some posts with it in the license plate light housing, does the spare tire and tow hitch to the left interfere with the camera's view? What about just to the right of the license plate on the bumper? Any suggestions?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

I have a trailer hitch and there is a steel bar behind the bumper in the section you speak of it is part of the hitch assembly. The bumper is platic in that spot but getting through the hitch bar behind it is where I'm stuck. A center mount camera would be nice but where to put it? I think I'm going to put it where 442 has it, tommorow. Hey 442 can you see the blind spot on the passenger side well with your mount?
Old 01-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Hummer Guru

I think the best spot is in the middle (trailer hitch ).I do not have a hitch so I mounted it in the licence plate overhang.This works well and it is protected from off roading.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Hummer Guru

yat74 Pics ?