Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another Suicide

About 14 months ago my best friend committed suicide. He was depressed, blah, blah, blah. Shot himself and was found Christmas Eve by his only surviving blood relative, his brother. Nice huh?

Now get this. A man I knew pretty well, he was my banker for a number of years and he sailed with myself and FIL, shot and killed himself last week.

This is F'ed up. His wife came home from yoga and he wasn't around. He always made dinner for her on these nights. She checked the bedroom and he was asleep, snoring, so she left him there.

After she ate, watched TV and whatever else it was time for bed. She went in the room and he was still snoring away so she quietly climbed into bed. Into a blood soaked bed! He was still alive! WTF?!?!

He died at the hospital.

I swear, suicide is so selfish. The lack of concern for their families just floors me.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
About 14 months ago my best friend committed suicide. He was depressed, blah, blah, blah. Shot himself and was found Christmas Eve by his only surviving blood relative, his brother. Nice huh?

Now get this. A man I knew pretty well, he was my banker for a number of years and he sailed with myself and FIL, shot and killed himself last week.

This is F'ed up. His wife came home from yoga and he wasn't around. He always made dinner for her on these nights. She checked the bedroom and he was asleep, snoring, so she left him there.

After she ate, watched TV and whatever else it was time for bed. She went in the room and he was still snoring away so she quietly climbed into bed. Into a blood soaked bed! He was still alive! WTF?!?!

He died at the hospital.

I swear, suicide is so selfish. The lack of concern for their families just floors me.

Sorry to hear that. During times like these, some think that it is a quick fix and don't think about the people they will hurt. Very selfish.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP

X a Million!
Hey Ken,
I'm very sorry to hear that. A buddy of mine hanged himself 3 months ago! He left behind a beautiful Wife and 3 beautiful little Girls all under the age of 10. His funeral was as sad as sad could be. Apparently he became very depressed when he lost his job as a Pharm. Rep.
Times are tuff now, the bad economy has touched almost everyone in this Country and beyond. Some took a bigger hit than others. He was pretty well off so everyone is confused as to why this happened. I guess we'll never know what they were thinking when this happens. The pain and suffering these families will deal with their whole lives is a horrible thought. I simply don't understand how they could commit such an act and hurt People they Love so deeply.
Jim

Last edited by NJ H2 : 02-13-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

So sad.

There is help for familys & individuals @ 1 800 273 talk
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that Ken. That's horrible
Old 02-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

Ken and family, sorry to hear about what has happened to your friends, sad, so sad.

Ed and Karen
Old 02-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Karsun is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your friends. I think sometimes people are so distraught that they do things on impulse, not considering those left behind. It's very sad and while it was selfish of them yes, I believe that they must have felt so overwhelmed that they had no choice (they thought) at the time.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 02-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Ken,

I have over the years that we have known each other told you as much about my real secrets as almost anyone. You know where I come from on suicide, same as you. I just wish someone could recognize the symptoms of the problem because they are there. If those of us around the person would look instead of being so (including me) selfish with our time with so many things going on we miss being around a person of long time friendship so we are not there to be able to help. Now just not anyone can help but, sometimes all it takes is once we are aware of situation just making a couple phone calls a week etc. possibly steering the right help to them.

I'm going into my details as neccessary to put forth another view that I still do not understand. At 18 senior in HS, star running back I had a problem that I thought was the end of my world even though it should have been one of those hey this is life move on stay happy find another. I just could not get past it and to this day I could not tell you why I tried to kill myself. It tooks months till it triggered something but, bad thing is no one around me ever knew there was a problem as I made sure of that, why? Yes it was a very selfish thing to do. I was leaving my 36 year old mother to finish raising my 3 baby sisters and my Mom needed my help badly financially with my jobs for food, mortgage, car ins., and just everything thing but, also making my sisters stay in line. Well at 18 I guess I could argue I should not have been in this situation but, my dad military, I refer loosely as dad, as he found a foriegn wife leaving my Mom in a terrible strain as just a hairdresser. It was not fair I 1) carried a 4.0 GPA 2) practiced football till 5:45pm each day starting at last period roughly 3pm 3) worked at the Texaco till 11:30pm or midnight from 6pm after practice every day except for just Friday Night Football games 4) back at school at 8am on track to grad after football senior year for early college 5) worked on a farm driving tractors when I had time to make even more money to help family.

Now:
Just trying to sort of let you see what was happening to an 18 year old young man registered for Vietnam draft whos number was fast approaching and I could hardly wait. Recruiter said I could join as a warrant officer and fly Cobras, my dream, not what everyone else wanted. It was made clear to me by family that I had to many things such as grades and college that I would unless signed by Mom, since I was 17 at early grad., I had to wait for certain age. Not sure now what all rules were then or if just being lied to. I just wanted to fight for my country and make bigger pay for Mom plus do something I loved was flying. Wanted it even more after suicide attempt but, all the flying etc. was shot by that self stunt.

My deal was the girl I had dated for 3 years and we had already planned on wedding I found out she had been seeing who I thought was one of my best hot rod friends for about 6 months while I'm busting my butt to help take care of my family and so on, so on, and so on. This straw broke something in me mentally to the point I could not think about the ones who really Loved me and needed me or all the positive things that were going on around me.

Please do not take this as a manifesto to let anyone off for suicide as it is a cowards way out but, to this day neither me, my mother who almost disowned me for suicide attempt, nor the people helping me could help me to understand why that one thing broke me when I had already showed extrordinary ability as one helper said, to deal with extreme adversity.

So I guess just to say we have to watch and hopefully catch that very slightest hint of need by a person. I hid mine so well I'm not sure the signs could be seen.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear this Ken. Suicide is always a terrible way to go and shocking to the family and friends who stay behind.

Taz, thanks for sharing this with us.

Take care !!!

frenzy

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy1
Sorry to hear this Ken. Suicide is always a terrible way to go and shocking to the family and friends who stay behind.

Taz, thanks for sharing this with us.

Take care !!!

frenzy

X2... wish I could say more.

Mark
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Thanks Guys,

I just felt, not condoning suicide, but just relaying my surival and things that somehow pushed me to far. I hope if just anyone especially some young eyes come across what I shared it might help them and contact me if they like. I had no one except I do firmly believe My Lord Jesus had a plan and things for me to do in life so it failed.

I have to admit even though I know better some of you know the illnesses I hae fought and still continue but, when I beat one another in 3 months or so will pop up This has been going on for 10 years now and during this I lost my wife in divorce because she was continually cheating on me while I was sick plus my Mom who had become so important in my life died on Christmas day 2006 at just 67 with me just 50. She was a child having a child just as my grandpaw was just 17 years older than her 34 years older than me. We 3 had a strange strong bond. I have many times thought I wish one of these illnesses would win but, I know they can't because I just can't give up.
Way back when I stunned everyone as a teen and tried suicide I was the last person anyone said they would have guessed because I was the one with everything going the right way, the hottest girlfriend, super 68 mustang coupe never lost a race, and possibly college football.

I do not think it has a face but, symptoms yes.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 03-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Not making fun of this or anything...But I bought the wife a 99 Monte Carlo w/ 30,000 miles on it some years back. The owner had parked it in the garage and closed the doors and stuck his foot to the floor. I never told her is was a suicide car...Got a $13,000 car for $3500.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
Not making fun of this or anything...But I bought the wife a 99 Monte Carlo w/ 30,000 miles on it some years back. The owner had parked it in the garage and closed the doors and stuck his foot to the floor. I never told her is was a suicide car...Got a $13,000 car for $3500.

Goes to show you that even in bad times, good things happen