H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-01-2006, 11:47 PM

Edspad is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Edspad:

I ended buying the CON-FERR BLITZ JERRY CAN CARRIER and CON-FERR BLITZ JERRY CAN CARRIER ADAPTOR </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I understand correctly, the adaptor is not available to fit the spare tire on an H2...is that correct?

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont think they carry the bolt pattern for the H2. sooo that is correct.
Wife is hollering at me...we are off for some mexican food....

Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 AM
shhrtbs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:

YOU KILL ME with your dry wit.LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as long as i'm not sharing the reason behind my weight gain . . . i reckon . . .
Old 02-02-2006, 12:26 AM
shhrtbs

damn, i added ANOTHER page.

sorry
Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

You looked the same to me a couple of weeks ago
Old 02-02-2006, 01:17 AM

rodster is off the scale

Scan is done and uploaded. Shoot me a PM if you want the download link. 25MB!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:52 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
Here is the "work in progress." The red lines indicate the peices still remaining to be put on...

Sean

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Looks vaguely familiar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I really like that one, but it wasn't quite what I wanted and the price was so high you'd think it was made by Gobi! I wanted a slightly more square and angled look - and a little more "beef." When some friends who do metal work for the studios offered to custom build one, I couldn't pass it up!

Your rig looks outstanding! But why is it the wrong color???

Sean
Old 02-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

PM coming.

As for the gas cans - I think I would prfer the sceptors, especially with time being so short I don't want to try and fab holders or lay rubber on the rack before we go. I still hope to finish the permanent install on my CB before our trip.

I had an idea - if you feel comfortable with it you could give me your address in PM, I could order, pay for and have them shipped to you, That way less hassle for you. I found a good price on them ($30 ea) at a place right here near me. The owner sounded frustrated that he couldn't sell them to me.

Either method is fine with me. I could order or I could give you his website and phone number. I think at this point it would be better to order via phone to be sure any color I order is in stock and ready to ship.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:57 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Gotta run too, but I'm going to be posting some important info regarding the run in about an hour and a half or so! Stay tuned.....!

Sean
ps - nothing exciting - rules and regs from the NPS, etc.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:12 AM

rodster is off the scale

...in about an hour and a half or so! Stay tuned.....!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh good! I'll get some work done.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 AM

rodster is off the scale

Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry! Got side-tracked....okay, here's what I have:

The permit has been approved - for "UP TO TWELVE vehicles"!!!! But not to worry - I talked with the NPS and have it amended and approved for 15. But we lucked out with our arbitrary cap! Anything over 15 requires "extending the environmental review." What's that mean? More money and much more time. So all is well - we are permitted with permission for up to 15 vehicles. Whew! Not that it really much matters - I've spent days out there and have NEVER seen a Ranger.

Also, there are two pages of crap, er information and rules, etc., which every participant is supposed to be made aware of and agree to. No way I'm typing two pages of this stuff on here. I'm gonna try posting it as an attached jpeg and see if y'all can read it.

If you take nothing else from this info, know this: DER TORTOISES ARE STRICTLY VERBOTEN!!! Don't touch 'em. Don't play with 'em. Don't run 'em over. Try not to look at them and for God's sake, don't eat 'em, k? Now the Mohave indians had a cool way of placing the tortoise upside down in the campfire and making turtle soup right in the shell. Don't do that.

God am I proud to be American and embarrased by my government all at the same time.

Sean
Old 02-02-2006, 06:57 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Page One:
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 07:02 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Page Two:
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 07:14 AM

Bondage is off the scale

My personal favorite is #18. Fires may be built only in areas where fires have previously been built. But no evidence of a campfire may remain. SO HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE A CAMPFIRE WAS PREVIOUSLY BUILT??

Basically, any and all good campsites along the road have some evidence of pre-existing fire rings - so it's not a problem - I just find the juxtaposition of the ideas funny. And besides, once one has a campfire roaring away, how would they establish that there had not been one there previously???

Also, you should know that this is for the portion (a large portion) of the ride that takes place under the purview of the NPS. Rasor OHV is NOT such a portion and is a "free play" area. Yipee!

Sean
Old 02-02-2006, 07:17 AM

Bondage is off the scale

BTW, this "Mars" pis was taken at Rasor OHV area - someone had asked earlier...
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

Whats up with 26...kinda weird.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:40 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JnStitz:
Whats up with 26...kinda weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They waived all fees except the $50 flat application fee since we are not a political group or protest group, or for profit group, etc. I suppose if they find out we are really communist subversives they could come back and charge us money to monitor our suspicious activities.....
Sean
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 AM

Bondage is off the scale

BTW Mr. Stitz - THANK YOU! Toot's lights look awesome. You are an amazing guy. Wish I'd had my shiite together as well at your age!

Sean
Old 02-02-2006, 07:47 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Racer-X:
PM coming.

As for the gas cans - I think I would prfer the sceptors, especially with time being so short I don't want to try and fab holders or lay rubber on the rack before we go. I still hope to finish the permanent install on my CB before our trip.

I had an idea - if you feel comfortable with it you could give me your address in PM, I could order, pay for and have them shipped to you, That way less hassle for you. I found a good price on them ($30 ea) at a place right here near me. The owner sounded frustrated that he couldn't sell them to me.

Either method is fine with me. I could order or I could give you his website and phone number. I think at this point it would be better to order via phone to be sure any color I order is in stock and ready to ship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Racer - have you found ANY fuel cans, metal or plastic, in black? Yellow is for girlie-men and red is for communists (fuscia is for gay commies I think).

Sean
Old 02-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

BTW Mr. Stitz - THANK YOU! Toot's lights look awesome. You are an amazing guy. Wish I'd had my shiite together as well at your age!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hah, thanks Sean...Tomorrow night we'll get it all finished up and good to go. I ask my father about your switch, he said it should be just fine, but on the remote chance after a few hours it quits its just a 10 second fuse...

-Jon