H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Judith is off the scale

We are contemplating purchasing a H3 for our daughters. The dealerships that we have visited seem somewhat aloof and not so eager to sell us a vehicle. They aren't "hungry" for our business because the hummers are selling so well. I would like a more customer friendly dealership. Any suggestions in the metro Atlanta area? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Judith is off the scale

We are contemplating purchasing a H3 for our daughters. The dealerships that we have visited seem somewhat aloof and not so eager to sell us a vehicle. They aren't "hungry" for our business because the hummers are selling so well. I would like a more customer friendly dealership. Any suggestions in the metro Atlanta area? Thanks!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Judith,

First off, would you like to adopt a son

Secondly, are you willing to fly somewhere to buy and drive it back. I basically have had the same experience with my dealership and am going probably this evening to get my deposit back. I am not sure who is close to you but if you are willing to travel, Sewell in Dallas has made a number of us very happy. Good luck.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

I am one of those happy ones from Sewell Dallas. Got mine two weeks ago. Picked it out Thursday night and it was ready at noon on Friday. Highly recommend Sewell
Old 08-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

H3ProspectKy is off the scale

Try Lynch Hummer in St. Louis, great customer service, and one of the best selections of in-stock H3's, as they are one of the top HUMMER dealers in the U.S. www.lynchhummer.com . They have a lot of teamwork in their dealership (they don't work on commission), so they are all friendly and good people to deal with, I am working with Dale(sales) and Heather(finance).
Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3ProspectKy:
Try Lynch Hummer in St. Louis, great customer service, and one of the best selections of in-stock H3's, as they are one of the top HUMMER dealers in the U.S. www.lynchhummer.com . They have a lot of teamwork in their dealership (they don't work on commission), so they are all friendly and good people to deal with, I am working with Dale(sales) and Heather(finance). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lynch Hummer is also has a great H3 accessories department.Mark in parts is awesome to work with and they have alot of stuff in stock,plus great prices.I bought my spare tire cover,gas cap,rubbermats,splash guards and roof racks from them.Tell Mark Richard said hello.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Hummer Novice

Murph is off the scale

Sounds like you went to Lou Sobh! I had a similar experience when I was looking...I walked around that lot for nearly 45 minutes looking at every one they had on the lot before someone finally took the initiative to come out and talk. Needless to say, I didn't do business with them. I DID go to Carl Black in Roswell and had a very pleasant experience with (I think his name was Harold). If you email me, I'll get you his name (for sure)and phone number etc BTW expect to pay list price, but not any higher.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mr Hank is off the scale

Hey Judith,
You are experiencing a typical american car buying experince. Salespeople at US car dealerships are notoriusly unqualified to sell even the vehicles at the dealerships where they work. This is basically the result of "wild deal cuttiing" and all of the blah blah blah advertising about how far you'll be able to buy their car under cost. (not to mention high employee turnover).I had called my Hummer dealer about 3 times to get info and experienced the same thing. In fact I called about an H3 that I wanted and was told 8 weeks to get when in fact it was actually sitting on the lot two days later when I went in a bought it. I purchased my vehicle last Sunday. Monday morning I found out the spare keys they gave me were for another Hummer (I live 60 miles away from the dealership). So I took another drive over to dealer get my spare key which the sales guy told me he had when he didn't. They cut me another key while they searched for the remote and promised to mail it to me. Monday afternoon I got a call from the dealership telling me that they forgot to inspect the car before I took it and asked me to drive it back over again to have it certified. Today is Thursday they were nice enough to give me a loaner car while they certified the hummer. The end result is that this will be my 3rd 120 mile round trip to dealer since buying my car Sunday.

My 2 previous car purchases were a Land Rover and an Acura. Not because they were better cars but because they were 10 times more knowlegable about what they were selling and could answer any question (including financing and warranty) about the vehicle they were selling.

If you want an H3, do your research on the internet, walk in and politely hammer them.

As everybody already knows GM is in deep financial trouble and if any of the US manufacturers want to survive they better pull it together FAST on the sales end.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Hummer Guru

Hank,

Sorry you have had to make several trips over here. I was there last night and they sure do have a bunch of H3s sitting on the lot. They has so many that they were overflowing the area where they keep them. My salesman told me that they sold 120 last month. Not sure I totally believe that since as I recall, there were 4,500 or 5,500 total delivery nationwide last month. You are correct about sales people not knowing their product. I have provided the dealership with more info than they have provided me. I think it all comes down to lack of competition.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:27 PM

FELNTPSY is off the scale

Hank...you hit the nail on the head. Sorry Judith for the post stealing, but salespeople these days are like realtors at the beach. They just sit back and wait for the sales to come to them and reap the benefits.

If I didn't own my own business, I would love to sell cars...with the interest that I have in them I'm sure that I could bank some serious commissions....

Anyway..sales folks are pretty damn sorry these days.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

as far as my vehicle buying experiance, I hve noticed that in most cases I knew more about the vehicle than the sales person does.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Guru

In the age of the internet, the buyers are getting smarter and smarter about what they want. Used to be the only place they could get info was the dealer or magazine articles. Got to love technology

Old 08-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Car salesman...

However, as a GM employee who hates to hear about these types of problems, might I offer you a GMID authorization number if you can find a dealer in the Atlantic area (or any area if you are willing to travel)?
The GMID authorization number will lower your price to approximately 2% over invoice, and can save quite a bit on a luxury model H3.