H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 02-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3 Alaska is off the scale

Guys,
Ever since I bought the white H3, it's been hard to get the keys away from my wife (easy now, that's her in the pic).........It's a great vehicle for her up here and I really feel safe (err...safer) with her driving it versus her old Jeep. She has said numerous times "get your own Hummer", I just say "whatever" and forget about it.

So, I go out to the cabin yesterday to take some "cabin stuff" out of the garage in my 1997 Z71 4X4. I hadn't been out there since January, and had not had my ~200' driveway plowed since then. There was about 8" of snow since last plowed, and like an idiot I decided to just "go for it". I made it in no problem but couldn't get turned around, and was pretty much stuck. I look under the truck, and see my pumpkins have plowed a nice little pile underneath. I unload the stuff (I knew I was going to get out one way or the other), dig myself a path to get rolling then stayed in the tracks all the way out, called it stupid, and won't do that again for sure when I'm alone.

So I'm thinking.....the cell doesn't work here, it's the middle of the week and no one is out here but me, and it would have been about a 4 mile walk back to the road where I can get cell reception on a clear day like it was. I have enough supplies minus heating fuel to pretty much live there in an emergency, but it could have sucked really bad until the wife came looking, or sent our friend over who lives about 15 miles south of there to check on my MIA status after she got off work.

So I think harder....the Hummer could have made it (and has), plus the onstar cell works no problem just in case of stupid stuff like this. Man I need another Hummer

So, I'm about 1/2 way back and the dealer's parts guy calls me on my cell to tell me a part is in for my 97 Z71. I say cool, I tell him where I am, knowing I have to pass there on the way home, and I'll stop in about an hour from now to pick it up.

I'm at the parts counter an hour later picking my stuff up.....I almost made it out the door, and I see one of the sales people and say "give me a quote on that one so I can take it to the bank". Next thing you know I've traded in my Z71, got a good deal, and am driving a new H3 with the adventure package and a little bling versus my wife’s H3 (OK, now it's hers ).

Now I'm really thinking....she's going to kill me....so we may as well get it over with.
I call her on the cell and ask her where she is, and told her to stay there and I'd be right by I was only a few miles away. I pull up next to her, roll the window down, she laughs and says "It's about time you get you own Hummer, even though I can't believe you one up'd me with the bling.....where are we going to dinner?"

Hail the new black H3 adventure package, with chrome door handles, chrome mirrors, chrome nerf bars, and OEM brush guard. Our neighbors are just rolling their eyes

They are officially named Ying & Yang
Old 02-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Guys,
Ever since I bought the white H3, it's been hard to get the keys away from my wife (easy now, that's her in the pic).........It's a great vehicle for her up here and I really feel safe (err...safer) with her driving it versus her old Jeep. She has said numerous times "get your own Hummer", I just say "whatever" and forget about it.

So, I go out to the cabin yesterday to take some "cabin stuff" out of the garage in my 1997 Z71 4X4. I hadn't been out there since January, and had not had my ~200' driveway plowed since then. There was about 8" of snow since last plowed, and like an idiot I decided to just "go for it". I made it in no problem but couldn't get turned around, and was pretty much stuck. I look under the truck, and see my pumpkins have plowed a nice little pile underneath. I unload the stuff (I knew I was going to get out one way or the other), dig myself a path to get rolling then stayed in the tracks all the way out, called it stupid, and won't do that again for sure when I'm alone.

So I'm thinking.....the cell doesn't work here, it's the middle of the week and no one is out here but me, and it would have been about a 4 mile walk back to the road where I can get cell reception on a clear day like it was. I have enough supplies minus heating fuel to pretty much live there in an emergency, but it could have sucked really bad until the wife came looking, or sent our friend over who lives about 15 miles south of there to check on my MIA status after she got off work.

So I think harder....the Hummer could have made it (and has), plus the onstar cell works no problem just in case of stupid stuff like this. Man I need another Hummer

So, I'm about 1/2 way back and the dealer's parts guy calls me on my cell to tell me a part is in for my 97 Z71. I say cool, I tell him where I am, knowing I have to pass there on the way home, and I'll stop in about an hour from now to pick it up.

I'm at the parts counter an hour later picking my stuff up.....I almost made it out the door, and I see one of the sales people and say "give me a quote on that one so I can take it to the bank". Next thing you know I've traded in my Z71, got a good deal, and am driving a new H3 with the adventure package and a little bling versus my wife’s H3 (OK, now it's hers ).

Now I'm really thinking....she's going to kill me....so we may as well get it over with.
I call her on the cell and ask her where she is, and told her to stay there and I'd be right by I was only a few miles away. I pull up next to her, roll the window down, she laughs and says "It's about time you get you own Hummer, even though I can't believe you one up'd me with the bling.....where are we going to dinner?"

Hail the new black H3 adventure package, with chrome door handles, chrome mirrors, chrome nerf bars, and OEM brush guard. Our neighbors are just rolling their eyes

They are officially named Ying & Yang
Old 02-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

SWEET man , another multi hummer household you and timgco are stylin
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 02-17-2006, 01:48 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice!! Congrats again!

Old 02-17-2006, 02:17 AM
shhrtbs

a story to warm the cockles of your heart, or maybe the subcockle region.

nice deal, congrats. although, you should have bought a yellow one . . .
Old 02-17-2006, 05:15 AM
Steve - SanJose

Nice dual Hummers.

S.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

AfroCreame is off the scale

GRATS! My wife's lease on her Lexus RX330 ends this coming October and we too will be a his and hers couple! Can't wait! The H3 has some shortcomings, but having her dig it too is great. Last time we had similar cars were a G35 coupe and she had the sedan. Grats again and most of all...enjoy!
2006 Hummer H3 Lux

Bye
2005 Hummer H2 SUT Lux W/Bling!
2004 Hummer H2 SUV Lux
Old 02-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

Nice read, enjoy them.....
Old 02-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice double the pleasure
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! If only I could get my wife to go in that direction!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and very cool on the twin H3's

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Humm3r_H3 is off the scale

Sweet...2 is better than 1
Old 02-17-2006, 03:56 PM

TNTH3 is off the scale

Now comes the hard part. Deciding which one to take on the trips? Life is rough.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Dang it. My wife drives mine whenever I'm out of town but wants a Commander because of the "rear visibility" issue and the 3rd row seat issue for the wee ones. Arrrgh! Still working on her, though. Maybe I'll show her the picture of the Burberry H3 again Who's got the link to that one (or do I just put Burberry in "find" )?
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 02-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Good article and AWESOME picture! Congrats!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

My wife was looking at the Mustangs and Chargers but I told her we should look into the Lexus or Volvo SUV for her since we are in the middle of the Rockies.

She loves the H3 it has really grown on her. She wanted me to get a red one but I got the Yellow....maybe I should just pick up the red for her and leave it in the driveway one of these days.....I think she would be psyched....but maybe I should run it past her first.....she likes sporty cars...maybe we need two H3's and let her pick out a sports car this summer.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:19 PM

HUMMERific is off the scale

Good stuff. Double trouble.
But you might wanna name them YIN & yang since I think you dont wanna be compared to ignorant rappers like the 'ying yang twinz'. Or do you now?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

To add to the story.....

I just got off the phone with my brother in law who is moving up here from Palmdale, CA.

He just picked up a fully loaded slate blue new baby H3 to ship up here with his stuff.

Pretty soon I can have my own Hummer outings if this trend continues Who's next?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Very cool