H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

HGW is having a non judged show & shine on Saturday night, Sept 24, 2005 at Bridgeport Speedway--near the Delaware Memeorial Bridge.

We are lining up H1-H2-H3's on asphalt near in the race track midway. This is the area where spectators buy food, etc. and there is a seated area for Hummers owners to converse.

Each Hummer attending will be lined up in rows as follows:

No Mods
Less than 5K of mods
5K to 10K of mods
10K and up mods.

It is chance for Hummer owners to see what their aftermarket dollar will do for them on other people's Hummers.

The event will be covered by Ultimate Hummers Magazine. Contrary to the flyer, both the driver and a passenger will get in for free. Others will pay normal admission.

For those interested, we will do a parade lap of Hummers on the track prior to the main event. Bridgeport does this on Bike Night and has up to 50 motorcycles on the track doing a lap or two. It is a lot of fun for the Bikers.

This event is intended to be fun and just a gathering of Hummer owners. There are no sales being conducted at the event--there will just be a few HGW girls to make you comfortable.

PM me for a spot. Straglers are welcome too--just interested in a reasonable headcount.
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2005, 09:33 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

HGW is having a non judged show & shine on Saturday night, Sept 24, 2005 at Bridgeport Speedway--near the Delaware Memeorial Bridge.

We are lining up H1-H2-H3's on asphalt near in the race track midway. This is the area where spectators buy food, etc. and there is a seated area for Hummers owners to converse.

Each Hummer attending will be lined up in rows as follows:

No Mods
Less than 5K of mods
5K to 10K of mods
10K and up mods.

It is chance for Hummer owners to see what their aftermarket dollar will do for them on other people's Hummers.

The event will be covered by Ultimate Hummers Magazine. Contrary to the flyer, both the driver and a passenger will get in for free. Others will pay normal admission.

For those interested, we will do a parade lap of Hummers on the track prior to the main event. Bridgeport does this on Bike Night and has up to 50 motorcycles on the track doing a lap or two. It is a lot of fun for the Bikers.

This event is intended to be fun and just a gathering of Hummer owners. There are no sales being conducted at the event--there will just be a few HGW girls to make you comfortable.

PM me for a spot. Straglers are welcome too--just interested in a reasonable headcount.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:41 PM

Patriot is off the scale

I don't know if it's just me but the whole event just reads wrong to me....

....Making people advertise for a year simply by gving them park admission AND they have to go to other events???!??! WTF is that...

...and whats this mean:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For example, I will provide a MagnaCharger at cost--you will pay for the install and my cost of the Charger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I read that right....whats the difference of just buying the thing myself and having you install it or someone else? You're charging labor...and your charging cost of blower!!!??? Where's the work-at-cost...you're getting paid for labor!!!???

Like I said...this thing reads like a rip-off to me....sorry.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Sorry you feel that way. I am trying to invite some Hummer owners into a different world, and then someone thinks I am trying to rip them off???

The promo is not part of the event and it has been removed. I will get more than five Hummer Owners that I already know who will jump at the chance of me doing work for them at significantly reduced rates. It is not worth the agg on here to try and do something positive.

I was saying in the promo that I was providing the MagnaCharger at my cost--I buy them wholesale! Search the net and you will not find single company offering a MagnaCharger at wholesale and I am providing the labor at my cost--no shop mark up. I guess it takes a small buisness owner to know what "at cost" means. For anyone else it means a MagnaCharger install for $1000-1500 less than anyone on here has paid to have one installed professionally.

So in exchange, I was asking for the person who saved $1500.00 to go to two more Hummer events in the next year. It was to help promote the track for the promoter. It was a win-win promotional opportunity.

I saved over 15K on my last H2 by being a sponsor and having others sponsor me. I had to put a few stickers on my H2 and attend some really fun events. I also continue to know and work with people all over the counrty in the World of Outlaws, NASCAR Drivers and track promoters, and major corporations. I guess I am getting ripped off? There is no free lunch in America anyway.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2005, 07:07 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Funny how things change. This is what you first wrote that was delivered in my e-mail:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sorry you feel that way.

The promo is not part of the event and I will remove it.

I am saying that I am providing the MagnaCharger at my cost--I buy them wholsale and I am providing labor at my cost--no shop mark up. That means you save about $1500.00 over what you would pay anywhere else.

I am not asking for advertising--just a classy decal on a person's H2. I work with DirtMotorSports, NASCAR, Shark Energy Drink, etc, etc. Trading work at reduced rates for promotion is the way the whole world of racing and marketing works. I give away Hummers for free for the right promotion.

The blower at my cost, not the price of the blower from a retail outlet or dealer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to keep the record straight....

Do what you want as far as the ad...some may find it a "great deal"....

I just don't think it's worth it....
Old 08-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Patriot, before giving comments willy nilly, do consider the source. HGW is an extremely bonafide member of this forum, and an expert mechanic. If I was in the East Coast, I would JUMP at the chance of having a blower installed BY AN EXPERT at 25% COST SAVING TO ME!!. Which part of that did you NOT understand?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:28 PM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

Like I said...this thing reads like a rip-off to me....sorry.[/quote]

Wow. You guys need to mellow out. Sounds like a great deal to me - and it was pretty easy to understand. I joined this forum to discuss Hummers with other Hummer owners. Seems more like a forum to practice moronic arguments these days. So go ahead. Argue with me, call me a fag, post some gay prno pics. Whatever. I'm just learning who's posts to read and who's to skip over, etc. It's okay, I'm usually too busy out ENJOYING my Hummer and my family to get into all this crap.

HGW - sounds like fun. Wish I were closer than 3,000 miles away! Why don't you come out to the Left Coast and sponsor an event or two?

Scott
'03 H2 Black Adv. Pkg. w/10"DVD
Old 08-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Hummer Professional

H2_SUT_SC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by desertfox:
Wow. You guys need to mellow out. Sounds like a great deal to me - and it was pretty easy to understand. I joined this forum to discuss Hummers with other Hummer owners. Seems more like a forum to practice moronic arguments these days. So go ahead. Argue with me, call me a fag, post some gay prno pics. Whatever. I'm just learning who's posts to read and who's to skip over, etc. It's okay, I'm usually too busy out ENJOYING my Hummer and my family to get into all this crap.

HGW - sounds like fun. Wish I were closer than 3,000 miles away! Why don't you come out to the Left Coast and sponsor an event or two?

Scott
'03 H2 Black Adv. Pkg. w/10"DVD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree. Have a promo on the west coast and I'd take you up on that offer in a heartbeat. Sounds like an awesome deal to me.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Chill out gang. John is a stand up guy. Save 1500 and attend two events. What's the big deal?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

In Canadian money, that's alot of savings!

Sound like a pretty good offer.

Not sure about taking the victory lap though. It screams of attention whore. And you all know how much I hate attention.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Thanks guys. I have always been upfront on here and could not understand what the guy was questioning.

I did however pull the HGW promo off the forum for now so as not to cloud up the event. Based on your comments, I may offer a promo again and will look into offering it nationwide. I am out in Vegas a lot and other parts of the West.

Still promo aside, whoever can attend this event will have a good time and get a chance to see what other Hummers owners are doing to their vehicles.

I have some women coming who will be happy to take the parade lap with you. You can also opt out of the parade lap--about half the motorcycles opt out.

I have done some crusing in my H2s on dirt tracks around the country (after the races are over)--it is not off roading, but it takes some balls to put your foot into it when going into the turns. The WoO run 850 HP sprint cars at full throttle--they have BALLS. Tony Stewart still races a sprinter for the excitement. He also bought a sprint race track in Ohio just recently. He brings some of the NASCAR Nextel boys over to race with him now and then. It draws quite a crowd.

This event is a slow parade lap only with all the Hummers in single file.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just to keep the record straight....

I just don't think it's worth it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya Patriot ,
HGW is a stand up guy and I have dealt with him on several occasions. Your comments could ruin my chance to get some work done at cost by an expert.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:36 PM

Patriot is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMV1210:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Just to keep the record straight....

I just don't think it's worth it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ya Patriot ,
HGW is a stand up guy and I have dealt with him on several occasions. Your comments could ruin my chance to get some work done at cost by an expert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My comments were just that...MY COMMENTS! How would it ruin YOUR chances?....If you want to go for his "great deal" and be forced to wear that logo for a whole year...GO FOR IT! No ONE is stopping you!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:41 PM

Patriot is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Patriot, before giving comments willy nilly, do consider the source. HGW is an extremely bonafide member of this forum, and an expert mechanic. If I was in the East Coast, I would JUMP at the chance of having a blower installed BY AN EXPERT at 25% COST SAVING TO ME!!. Which part of that did you NOT understand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

25%??? If you're paying $6000 to put a blower on your H2, you're getting ass raped.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Patriot, before giving comments willy nilly, do consider the source. HGW is an extremely bonafide member of this forum, and an expert mechanic. If I was in the East Coast, I would JUMP at the chance of having a blower installed BY AN EXPERT at 25% COST SAVING TO ME!!. Which part of that did you NOT understand? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

25%??? If you're paying $6000 to put a blower on your H2, you're getting ass raped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Patriot= fag
Old 08-24-2005, 01:35 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriot:
25%??? If you're paying $6000 to put a blower on your H2, you're getting ass raped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmm, maybe you know something I don't. My dealer said $7-8K. Most places sell the supercharger alone $4-5K. The only one I know who got it at a discount similar to HGW was offering is Klaus -- and he doesn't count 'cause he's a guru of a diff level than most of us .

Show me where I can get a supercharger installed for less than $6K?
Old 08-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Humm This:

The sponsor game is tough. I have two H2s out in front of 1.3 million people each year, on Speed Channel, 165 races, 39 states, etc. and getting sponsors is still a tough game. They need know know exactly how you are going to benefit them.

I have an H2 going to the US Open soon---now that will get me more sponsors.

Unless you have an avenue to show a sponsor you can sell their product, it is almost impossible to get sponsored.

Maybe you can find a local shop who will do work for you in exchange for you doing some promo for them? It is a good place to start. As I have said before--there is no free lunch in America.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Absolutely.