H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-07-2007, 03:12 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Aftermarket brakes

When the time comes I will get these

Price is great compared to OEM

http://search.stores.ebay.com/iROTORS-Performance-Brakes_hummer-h3_W0QQfcdZ2QQfciZ5QQfclZ3QQfromZR10QQfsnZiROTORSQ 20PerformanceQ20BrakesQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsaselZ1269 1359QQsofpZ0
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aftermarket brakes

Drilled and slotted rotors on a H3?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Drilled and slotted rotors on a H3?

Why not ?

I dont know if the ceramic pads would hold up wheeling...Any input?
Im sure the regular pads would work fine.

I have 32k on the front(still looks like alot of pad left hoping for over 50k)the rear have 20k when the fronts are worn im changing over to aftermarket by then maybe I will have a few other options to choose from.

I know the queen paid alot at the dealer for a brake job,just checking options.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Drilled rotors tend to crack when overheated. Off-roading could overheat the brakes. Autocrossers never use drilled rotors; formed holes during manufacture of the rotor are ok, but usually these will cost upward of a few hundred a rotor.
Slotted are great, they release the gases that occur from heavy breaking, similar to the idea behind drilled, but no problems with cracking.
Ceramic pads will reduce dust, or at least the dust is gray and not as noticeable. However, they are not that great in braking, unless you head up to some of the extremely expensive types.
Bebes got over 50K on her brakes. That is not bad for front brakes on a heavy truck that has been off-roaded extensively like her H3. Off-roading is hell on brakes pads...
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

GotSandH3 is off the scale

I have 34K miles on my OEM pads right now.... I have yet to hear a single squeak from them... Brake pads off ebay cant be that great... Im sure they will squeak.. You pay for what you get. 50K miles out of OEM brake pads with no squeaking is amazing.. I work for MBZ and we change brake pads about every 15K miles and they squeak all the time. GM has it down!!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

In mud, slotted or drilled rotors hold mud, not A great idea. Oem pads and parts are ideally the best depending on what you do with your truck. In my opinion brakes are your most important part of any vehicle and the General, believe it or not, puts A lot of research into them. I have yet to see any H-2 or H-3 brake problems unless the system has been modified. Yes I am A dealer mechanic but I make nothing on parts so i'm not being biased. I mysely spend the extra dollars on oem pads for the performance, lack of squealing and life expectancy. Just look whos riding in your truck, are they worth saving A few bucks? Just my opinion.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

GotSandH3 is off the scale

I havent been back to the dealer yet.. I dont plan on going back there either... The service sucks and they havent been able to fix any of my major complaints... I guess I have to drive all the way to Pleasanton to get better service.

As far at MBZ, 2003 was the year they indroduced many new electrical systems. Which just about all failed.. They seem to have it figured out now..

Last edited by GotSandH3 : 07-09-2007 at 04:25 PM.