H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

TouchdownTN is off the scale
Default Rear Washer Pump Constantly On???

If I have both fuses in regarding the wipers, the rear wiper squirts washer fluid constantly. I thought the switch might be bad and pulled it but the fluid is still sprayed constantly with the rear wiper switch disconnected. Does any one have any ideas??? Also I have misplaced my owners manual could someone email me a diagram of the under the hood power distribution box with the relays labled so I could see if possibly a bad relay is involved causing the problem. Thanks for any and all help and suggestions!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rear Washer Pump Constantly On???

Might check these out.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29583

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=washer+fluid

Had a recall for some 2003's also.

Ed

Hello Edward,
You are receiving this message because you are a member of the Owner Center at My GMLink.
There is a recall for your 2003 HUMMER H2 5GRGN23U43H1*****

Recall campaigns are created to ensure your satisfaction and safety. Please take a moment to review the important recall information below:

10/30/2008 Recall
FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPER OPERATION - REPLACE MODULE COVER

Recall Notification e-mails are only one of the many ways that HUMMER strives to ensure your satisfaction and safety. Do not forget to visit My GMLink to see the latest Offers & Privileges, Warranty and Service information and to keep your service history log up-to-date.

Visit My GMLink now by clicking on the link below, or by pasting it into your browser URL address window.
https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/hummer/home

Thank you for being part of the Owner Center!

--GM Recall Campaigns have been established for the safety, comfort and satisfaction of GM vehicle owners.

Update: Seems to be only on 2003 model year ????

Make: HUMMER Model: HUMMER H2Model Year: 2003Manufacturer: GENERAL MOTORS CORP.Mfr's Report Date: SEP 08, 2008NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 08V456000 PE08042
NHTSA Action Number: PE08042 Component: VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:MOTORPotential Number of Units Affected: 13358Summary:
GM IS RECALLING 13,358 MY 2003 HUMMER H2 VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES HAVE A CONDITION IN WHICH WATER CAN ENTER THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTOR MODULE. IF A SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF WATER ENTERS THE MODULE, OVER TIME, THE FRONT WINDSHIELD WIPERS MAY WORK INTERMITTENTLY OR THEY MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE. Consequence:
IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, DRIVER VISIBILITY COULD BE REDUCED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER, AND REPLACE THE WINDSHIELD WIPER MODULE COVER FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING NOVEMBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493 OR GO TO MYGMLINK AT HTTP://WWW.GM.COM/RECALL.Notes:
GM RECALL NO. 08243. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 04-08-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

checked the relay and it was in backwards. put the relay in correct and now about every 20-30 seconds a short spurt of washer fluid comes out of the rear wiper. this is alot better than being on all the time. could the relay being in backwards and the current flowing wrong in the relay have messed up the relay? where can I get another new relay to replace the one I have now that is potentially the cause of my problem?
Old 04-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Can try the horn relay right next to the washer one, same, same.
Your truck being a 2003, have you checked on the recall ?

Ed
Old 04-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yeah I checked on the bad wiper motor recall. I spent alot of time on the phone arguing with Hummer/GM reps. My VIN # isn't included so the dealer wanted over $400 for a new wiper motor not including labor. I had the recall done about water potentially getting in the wiper motor causing it to malfunction. Again, Hummer said my dealer didn't indicate that water damage caused my wiper motor to fail and I was on my own. I bought a wiper motor from Autozone for $175 and am getting my local mechanic to install it for me. When I put the fuses back in for the wiper system, that is when I noticed the problem with the rear washer fluid pump constantly running. I may have put the relay in backwards myself when I previously tried to troubleshoot my previous wiper problems. I'm hoping to get the wiper motor installed, and a new relay and put this problem behind me.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

AK47 is on a distinguished road

Hi I had the same problem ,,took a while to work out ,,the problem is in the control module/motor which is located in the front i.e. below the driver side front wiper blade in the bulk head ,,you may want to try removing the the bulk head cover ,,,remove the blades two bolts each side the plastic hold clips ,,also there is two cross head screws under the covers on the bulk head which pop of off ,,be careful when removing the bulk head cover you can break the clip fixings ,,,then you will see the wiper motor module ,,when you remove this clip off the top cover you will see a circuit board and there maybe dampness in there which causes short circuit ,,also look on the board to see if there is any foreign matter that also could cause a short if your luck this may work if so seal this module up with something that will make it water proof,,,,if it does not its a new module....

www.euroco-corp.com

http://www.hummertruckworld.com/EUROCO/

Old 04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Hummer Authority

Kind of what the one link I posted above said to do and repeated here

The module repair

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29583

How to get to it (pics were for someone else looking how to get to the washer hose up front but same way to get to module for repair)

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...t=washer+fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47
Hi I had the same problem ,,took a while to work out ,,the problem is in the control module/motor which is located in the front i.e. below the driver side front wiper blade in the bulk head ,,you may want to try removing the the bulk head cover ,,,remove the blades two bolts each side the plastic hold clips ,,also there is two cross head screws under the covers on the bulk head which pop of off ,,be careful when removing the bulk head cover you can break the clip fixings ,,,then you will see the wiper motor module ,,when you remove this clip off the top cover you will see a circuit board and there maybe dampness in there which causes short circuit ,,also look on the board to see if there is any foreign matter that also could cause a short if your luck this may work if so seal this module up with something that will make it water proof,,,,if it does not its a new module....

Last edited by Easy Ed : 04-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Hummer Authority

If you bought the Auto Zone Cardone Reman 40-1063 ($149.99 plus the $15.00 core = $164.99 plus tax = about $175.00 I am guessing) front wiper and module (hope that the rebuild included the sealing of the module) that should take care of the problem of the washer fluid running when it wants to you are having now.

But, your mechanic is going to have to go through the same procedure to get to the motor/module and he could have made the repairs to the one in there and saved you the money for the rebuilt motor and only charged you for his time to take it apart and put it all back together again

Just a thought, good luck and please let us know how it goes for folks who may have the same problem down the road and come here looking for help.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownTN
Yeah I checked on the bad wiper motor recall. I spent alot of time on the phone arguing with Hummer/GM reps. My VIN # isn't included so the dealer wanted over $400 for a new wiper motor not including labor. I had the recall done about water potentially getting in the wiper motor causing it to malfunction. Again, Hummer said my dealer didn't indicate that water damage caused my wiper motor to fail and I was on my own. I bought a wiper motor from Autozone for $175 and am getting my local mechanic to install it for me. When I put the fuses back in for the wiper system, that is when I noticed the problem with the rear washer fluid pump constantly running. I may have put the relay in backwards myself when I previously tried to troubleshoot my previous wiper problems. I'm hoping to get the wiper motor installed, and a new relay and put this problem behind me.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Replaced the Relay in the power distribution box. Seems to have fixed the problem with the rear pump being on all the time, and coming on sporadically. I did get the cardone from Advance. My OEM motor produces a grinding noise when the front wipers will work. So my mechanic would probably have to rebuild my OEM motor, not sure he can do that. I'll let you guys know when I get the cardone replacement motor installed and how things work. Now my Avalanche is having numerous issues at 31,000 miles and I'm concentrating on getting it fixed while I still have a warranty!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

Just got my H2 back from my local mechanic. Counting the 175 for the remanufactured wiper motor and the 60 for the install, I came out way ahead of the 400+ the dealer wanted. What aggrevates me is that I have a copy of the recall on the wiper motor that my H2 didn't fall into, and according the the recall from GM, my wiper motor should have been replaced at no charge. I called the 886Hummer customer service line and they were no help. I'm going to check with my local dealer and see if I have a shot of gettting reimbursed anything due to GM using faulty parts. Overall I'm happy to be able to drive my truck again regardless of the weather, but just wish GM/Hummer would have done the right thing to begin with!