H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Winter's approaching. Noticed these on ebay a couple of days ago. The price is well below everyone else's.

HotShot

The guy has a few of them....

'03 H2
Old 09-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Hummer Guru

Winter's approaching. Noticed these on ebay a couple of days ago. The price is well below everyone else's.

HotShot

The guy has a few of them....

'03 H2
Old 09-27-2005, 09:38 PM

AmericanPatriot is off the scale

Thanks for the post. Might buy one considering how cold it was here in Anchorage last winter.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:12 AM
Hummer Guru

I know there was a huge discussion about cold weather operation of the wipers...and the general consensus was that we needed something....

'03 H2
Old 09-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AmericanPatriot:
Thanks for the post. Might buy one considering how cold it was here in Anchorage last winter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LAST WINTER? What about EVERY winter? Gives me the willies thinking about it. BRRrrrrr..... Hell, you're only looking at 50 for a high this week. Damn cold up there.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

Vandakeg is off the scale

I remember seeing these at a car show about 5 years ago.... Something about shooting hot water on a frozen windshield doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Since the announced "Limited-Edition Pacific Blue Hummer" has a heated wiper system, I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit it to older H2s?

Anyone here know anything about retrofitting newer parts/options in older trucks?

Klaus

Supercharged 2003 H2 with UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, U1S 6-CD Changer, Warn Winch/Bumper, and Rubber Duck UCP.

1996 Collector Edition Corvette
===============================================

Limited-Edition Pacific Blue Hummer Debuts
Date Posted 09-27-2005

DETROIT — A 2006 limited edition of the Hummer H2, in SUV and sport-utility-truck (SUT) versions, goes on sale this week with a new color choice and unique features.

The price of the SUV version of the Pacific Blue edition will start at $65,900, Hummer said. SUT pricing on the special model will start at $65,455. The Pacific Blue SUV and SUT will have a combined production of 875 units, the GM brand said.

The package features a body-color grille and fender moldings, brush and taillamp guards with a special finish, a rocker molding with an integrated assist step, 17-inch polished forged-aluminum wheels, carbon-fiber interior accents and a lower-profile, roof-mounted light bar. The package also has chrome hood handles, hood latches and a fuel-filler door.

In addition, the special edition has a heated windshield wiper system and a rear-seat DVD system with dual headrest-mounted screens and wireless headphones.

What this means to you: Hummer is working to keep people interested in its brand.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 AM

AmericanPatriot is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AmericanPatriot:
Thanks for the post. Might buy one considering how cold it was here in Anchorage last winter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LAST WINTER? What about EVERY winter? Gives me the willies thinking about it. BRRrrrrr..... Hell, you're only looking at 50 for a high this week. Damn cold up there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL yea true but last winter was something special let me tell ya.

I don't see anything wrong with what I'd say is semi-hot windshield fluid shooting on your window unless it's -60 F or something like that.

Didn't know the Pacific Blue Hummer comes standard with it. Wonder if it helps resale? If I install I'll let you know how it went, maybe post instructions.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Hummer Veteran

Dick Renaud is off the scale

Here is the site for Hot Shot.
http://www.buyhotshot.com/default.asp

This is the unit they use in the special addition. I had one on the 04 H2 I just sold and it worked great for two winters in Michigan.
Real easy to hook up. You can also get them put in at Auto One and many other aftermarket stores.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:27 AM
Hummer Guru

Any idea if they are going to use a different button from the one that came with the unit? I know the buick lesabre and Cadillac DTS will have the units too...

'03 H2
Old 09-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I just bought the HotShot. Any good idea's as to where to mount the unit and button?
Also, anyone know where the button on the Pacific Blue is mounted?

Old 09-30-2005, 04:01 AM
Hummer Guru

was just about to post the same question NJ. I'm thinking about mounting the button just below the rear wiper control knob. If I can, I'll run the wire right down into the crack. As far as the heating unit, thinking about snipping the side tabs on the bracket, bending the top tabs at 90 degrees and mounting it on the L-bracket the goes around the top of the washer reservoir (where the hood bumper/support is also attached. Unless there's a better idea, I figure it should be enough out of the way..

Other question: which hose do we attach the heater to? The left or the right (the ones to the right of the washer reservoir)?

'03 H2
Old 09-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Hummer Guru

Ok, the yellow box is where I'm thinking to mount the heater unit. The heater is supposed to go inline between the washer pump and the nozzles. So, which hose do I need to splice into? The red or blue? or both? Thanks for the help guys!
Attached Images

'03 H2
Old 09-30-2005, 11:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

I mounted mine on the firewall in the area of the yellow x, but I don't remember which hose. It was two years ago. I mounted the button below the rear washer control.

I will see if any of our local dealers have the limited addition that I can look at to see how they mounted it.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

If someone would take pictures of the setup on the limited edition and post them here it would be helpful.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
If someone would take pictures of the setup on the limited edition and post them here it would be helpful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I can find one will get pictures of mount and button.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Hummer Guru

Any word on which tube to attach it to? I haven't had a chance to take a closer look...just want to make sure I don't screw it up

'03 H2
Old 10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dochummer:
Any word on which tube to attach it to? I haven't had a chance to take a closer look...just want to make sure I don't screw it up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I say "cut away!" You'll figure it out.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Hummer Guru

Right side.

Ok, got everything installed, but messed up on my power point. I connected to the upper left stud under the fuse cover (I thought there was power, but then there wasn't...don't know which fuse to look at). So I switched to the upper right fuse...it started working, but then stopped. Blew the fuse...it's a 30amp...so have to get a new one. So, now the question is...can I attach the power line to the power post/stud on the left side of the fuse block? The lower one doesn't read power, but the upper one does. It's marked as B+ in the diagram.... Any thoughts before I blow another fuse? (oh, the one that came with the unit is a 60amp...that's why I blew the stud #2. )

'03 H2