H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Crashtest is off the scale

Now, we all know that the Hummer is a controversial car. (Be it the H1, H2, or the H3.) I am close to buying an H3 because I really love it- regardless of what people say.

When I mention to friends and family what my intention is, and I try to say that it is a new Hummer design that is more efficient. But before they can get it, they say: "Oh no! That monster will guzzle gas like nothing else!" Or, "That is such an expensive car! It must be over $50,000!"

So the Hummer name itself makes a lot of people scared. But in reality, there is nothing to be scared of in the H3. It is more fuel efficient, well priced, and for me, the best looking SUV/Truck, period. Sure, the fuel could still be a bit better, and it oculd have some more options for the interior. But it is a very nice ride regardless. I am very independent minded, and I really don't want to get another bland SUV that blends into the environment. Call it what you will, but for my money, and I want something I can be proud of.

Who knows, if I like the H3, maybe I'll trade up to an H2 in a few years.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

Now, we all know that the Hummer is a controversial car. (Be it the H1, H2, or the H3.) I am close to buying an H3 because I really love it- regardless of what people say.

When I mention to friends and family what my intention is, and I try to say that it is a new Hummer design that is more efficient. But before they can get it, they say: "Oh no! That monster will guzzle gas like nothing else!" Or, "That is such an expensive car! It must be over $50,000!"

So the Hummer name itself makes a lot of people scared. But in reality, there is nothing to be scared of in the H3. It is more fuel efficient, well priced, and for me, the best looking SUV/Truck, period. Sure, the fuel could still be a bit better, and it oculd have some more options for the interior. But it is a very nice ride regardless. I am very independent minded, and I really don't want to get another bland SUV that blends into the environment. Call it what you will, but for my money, and I want something I can be proud of.

Who knows, if I like the H3, maybe I'll trade up to an H2 in a few years.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:58 AM

NorCal_H3 is off the scale

dude...
Old 10-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

Where's my car?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:01 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

We had to give up the H2 because the gas was just too much (H2 and Yukon XL).

I like the H3 but I do sometimes regret giving up the beast (H2). The H2 is a monster and is not ashamed of its arrogance. If the width doesn't bother you, take your $37,000.00, stretch it out to just under $40,000.00 and get yourself a H2.

My dealer has a 2004 (with sunroof and navigation) with only 23K miles for $42,000.00.

Think of it this way, if you buy a H2 and decide you don't like it, sell it for a small loss. But if you buy a H3 and decide you should have gotten a H2, then you'll lose a lot more on depreciation.

I am actually contemplating selling the Yukon XL and buying the H2 again, then we'll have a H2 and a H3. But then, I have 5 kids and where the hell am I going to put all of them!
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 10-03-2005, 05:25 AM

Game Over is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I am actually contemplating selling the Yukon XL and buying the H2 again, then we'll have a H2 and a H3. But then, I have 5 kids and where the hell am I going to put all of them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let wifey drive the H3 w/ the kids and take the H2 for trips. There's the gas issue but at least u're going to have a nice QUITE trip
Old 10-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

"Quiet"
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But if you buy a H3 and decide you should have gotten a H2, then you'll lose a lot more on depreciation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. I think the H3 will hold value better than the H2, especially as it ages. Used H2's are still very recvent models and can be sold now by Hummer dealers as "pre-owned". But as they age they'll be relegated to the auction and generic used car lots. They'll be hard to unload in that market. In fact I won't be surprised to see H3s priced higher than H2s of the same model years by the time they're 6-7 years old. Used H3 demand will be much stronger than H2.

03 H2s I saw at the dealer have already lost almost 50% of the price of a new H2; and that was asking price. If gas prices keep going up, used H2s will have the same fate as the big sedans in the 70s; the bottom will fall out of the market.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DWPC:
I disagree. I think the H3 will hold value better than the H2, especially as it ages. Used H2's are still very recvent models and can be sold now by Hummer dealers as "pre-owned". But as they age they'll be relegated to the auction and generic used car lots. They'll be hard to unload in that market. In fact I won't be surprised to see H3s priced higher than H2s of the same model years by the time they're 6-7 years old. Used H3 demand will be much stronger than H2.

03 H2s I saw at the dealer have already lost almost 50% of the price of a new H2; and that was asking price. If gas prices keep going up, used H2s will have the same fate as the big sedans in the 70s; the bottom will fall out of the market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with Kacy the way I read what he was saying. I took it as if he goes and buys a used H2 and in a short period, like a couple of months, decides he would rather have an H3 he will take less of a hit. In that couple of months a new H3 will depreciate faster than a used H2. Just my 2 cents.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DWPC:

03 H2s I saw at the dealer have already lost almost 50% of the price of a new H2; and that was asking price. If gas prices keep going up, used H2s will have the same fate as the big sedans in the 70s; the bottom will fall out of the market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with Kacy the way I read what he was saying. I took it as if he goes and buys a used H2 and in a short period, like a couple of months, decides he would rather have an H3 he will take less of a hit. In that couple of months a new H3 will depreciate faster than a used H2. Just my 2 cents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A used H2 will already have the depreciation, while a new H3 won't, so I would agree that you will have more depreciation in a used H2 versus a new H3.

But, new H3 versus a new H2, I would say at this time, the H3 will depreciate less, since at this time, it is one hot vehicle and most dealers are not discounting.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

DWPC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:

But, new H3 versus a new H2, I would say at this time, the H3 will depreciate less, since at this time, it is one hot vehicle and most dealers are not discounting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats how I was thinking. Ksyck's thinking about the used H2 vs. new H3 makes sense, but only over a very short term. I think the used H2 market is only going to get softer and softer.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

That was my thinking as well. If he is thinking about maybe going with an H2 get a used one. He should know within a month or two if it is the right vehicle choice. If not, being used and only having it a couple of months, shouldn't take much of a hit on it. New versus new the H2 will definitely depreciate faster.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 10-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

To answer your quesation; No, I did not but I do get alot of questions as to milage and cost but nothing negative. But then again I am a big'ole fella too so that might have something to do with it as well.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:24 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

I understand all concerns and comments, I have a H3 and have not even taken it towork because of the comments and jealousy!!!
I will positivley never!! Never!! buy anything other than a Hummer- 1 - 2- or 3.

Yes, consider your life style or the way you need to travel for work etc. If you use your Hummer Smart, F--C the Bla, Bla, Bla.

Its your life, and Life is Short, so enjoy it. Hummer!!!
Its simply the coolest Vehicle! Tahoes, Cadallacs, V8's fords, Chevy's, Dodge's !!!! SUCK.
They are not any better in gas than h1 or h2, So these people don't have af--c what they are talking about/
Old 10-04-2005, 10:28 PM

Adventurer is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Everyone I've shown my H3 to has had only compliments for it, although I wouldn't much care if they didn't. Ultimately, only my opinion matters.</span>
Old 10-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

montanah3 is off the scale

When I first announced I was getting mine, and then a little after getting it I got some snide remarks. But slowly, those same people stick there heads in and comment on the look and room of the interior, ask about mileage, etc. and all are eventually coming around. I think this would be harder with strangers in a bigger town.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Steve - SanJose

Reactions to the H3 in San Jose/Silicon Valley have been very positive. People ask about the price and gas mileage all the time as they look it over. Obviously they are drawn to it by the exterior styling. They like to look inside too. When I tell them them about the gas mileage as similar to a Ford Explorer they seem to be somewhat surprised. But many are very surprised by the pricing, they seem to expect it to be more expensive.

I've been questioned at work, at lunch, at the supermarket, by the neighbors. People are interested and curious in a positive way.

I was only flipped off once by somebody stopped by the side of the road on a mountain bike in the Santa Cruz mountains near here, they probably mistook it for an H2. I had to laugh, it kind of validates it as a Hummer.

So far I've only seen about a dozen H3's in the valley on the road. Still relatively rare and the dealer said he had only 10 total at their 2 locations last Sunday. Demand still seems strong here.

S.

H3 white/auto/lux pkg./chrome pkg./chrome wheels/XM/sunroof/chrome side steps/mudflaps/locking gas cap by RW
Old 10-05-2005, 02:13 AM

h3fanatic is off the scale

Yes I did get criticism when buying my hummer, but i really didnt pay attention to them...

I just figuered that they were being biyatches because they wanted one but couldnt afford one lol
Old 10-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Most people who criticized are now the first to say "Let me ride in it when you pick it up!"
Old 10-05-2005, 03:54 AM

Vincent is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by jkH1+H2=H3:
I understand all concerns and comments, I have a H3 and have not even taken it towork because of the comments and jealousy!!!

You still haven't driven it to work???????

Who gives a **** what they think! They will get over it. If I remember right, it was your boss that was slamming the H3. Maybe you should bring in the H3 brochure & give the cum suckers a copy so they will lighten up. You shouldn't have to be ashamed of your ride & hide it from them. I think it's one of the coolest rides out right now!

I used to have a convertible BMW and was afraid to drive it to collect rent checks because I thought my renters would stop paying me. When I got the H3, I decided "Screw IT - I'm driving it and I don't give a F*ck what they think!
No problems yet.