Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 02-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1bo
I agree..Porsche made the perfect sports car to me..it may not be the fastest but the engineering in that piece is brilliant. I always told myself if I ever had enough money for a supercar, that's the one I'd get.

You know, I test drove (for 2 hours) a Porsche Cayman Coupe this last summer. Now, by no means am I comparing that to any of the ?supercars? that are listed above but I have to say, Porsche has it right... that car (like most of their cars) is a DRIVER?S car.

The ergonomics, the firmness of the shifter, the handling, comfort of the seat, etc, etc would allow someone to run that car for hours at the track and not be fatigued.

I?m not saying that the other manufacturers aren?t like that (I?ve only driven a couple of gallardos and murcielago so I have no experience in supercars) but I love the way Porsche builds the car around the driver.

Mark
Old 02-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Hummer Expert

tyler1bo is on a distinguished road

The Cayman is an awesome ride..especially with it's mid-engine design. I bet it glues to the road. I've talked to Porsche employees at the dealership and they have to pass a big test each year in order to keep selling cars..it includes driving the hell out of them. He talked about a client that had owned all kinds, porsches, ferrari's, etc. and the porsche could be driven all day..The ferrari had to be taken in as I'm sure most of the super high-end cars out there. Porsche's IMO are the most practical supercars, they are meant to be romped.
AMP Research Steps
10" JL Audio sub w/ box and amp
Truxxx Lift 2.5" F-1.5" R
4" Rancho Lift
Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
RealWheels Eliminator Kit w/o hooks
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
GS Creations Plexi-glass tail light and front turn tint
RealWheels Oversized Black Hood Handles
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 02-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

I actually own a Cayman S, slightly modified. Best car I've purchased to date. I wish I could find something wrong with it so I could get something else, but it's perfect. I test drove a 2008 Audi R8 the other day, and it simply wasn't worth the upgrade...not for the money.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 02-26-2012, 04:02 AM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

Porsche will be my next car. Still not sure on what model yet. I love the panamera, but deep down I want a 06+carrera 4s over a turbo model. Not sure why. But I saw a show on the cayman R and I'm starting to think this may be my next car. But there's no back seat. But awesome track car
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Hummer Professional

I don't have kids, so I don't worry about the rear seats. However, the rear seats on a 997 are useless, anyhow, so I would consider something else. I was pleasantly surprised with the Panamera S I drove.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 02-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Hummer Expert

Yeah I drove one but it was the v6. Still a great car. Very impressed by it. Id love a turbo panamera but id have to wait a few years and get a slightly used one.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles06
I actually own a Cayman S, slightly modified. Best car I've purchased to date. I wish I could find something wrong with it so I could get something else, but it's perfect. I test drove a 2008 Audi R8 the other day, and it simply wasn't worth the upgrade...not for the money.

Looked at a Cayman S today, 2008 with 21K miles for 39K.

Beautiful car...

Mark
Old 02-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
Porsche will be my next car. Still not sure on what model yet. I love the panamera, but deep down I want a 06+carrera 4s over a turbo model. Not sure why. But I saw a show on the cayman R and I'm starting to think this may be my next car. But there's no back seat. But awesome track car

My dad has had several..Boxster S, Targa, Cayenne Turbo, and a 996 Turbo. All were great rides. The turbos pulled sooooo hard..so fun to drive. And for some reason I still love the 996 body style. I love looking at the old C4S with the spiral wheels and that fat rear end. Even though the C4S isn't the strongest, it's a bad lookin ride.
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 02-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Hummer Expert

The c4s has the turbo bumpers. So it looks bad a$$. The 4s just handles like crazy. I think thats why I want it so bad. Something that I can drive all year round and not worry about much. A turbo model I wouldn't want to drive in the snow.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Hummer Professional

The C4S doesn't have the Turbo bumpers, just a wider track. The bumper is the same as a C2S...at least with the 997's. The C4S is a tad slower than the C2S because of the extra weight, but sticks like glue with the all-wheel drive. And it would be a blast in the snow, but you better get some Blizzaks.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Hummer Expert

That's right. The new ones don't have the turbo bumpers. But the older model did. When I did my competition licensing last year there was a guy in a new c4s and that thing handled amazingly on the track. Sounded bad a$$ as he flew by me too
Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Hummer Professional

That Bugatti we were talking about in the article is not the same one as in your pictures. Not sure what that article was talking about. Pretty sure it's not even accurate. The gentleman who owns the Bugatti in your pictures purchased the car at its unveiling at Pebble Beach. They pulled the cover off, he said "I'll take it". In fact, the pictures in that article are from the Pebble Beach event.

And I was wrong about him owning the maroon McLaren...his is orange.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Either way I'm just gonna bet he's not hurting in the $$$ department
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 03-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles06
That Bugatti we were talking about in the article is not the same one as in your pictures. Not sure what that article was talking about. Pretty sure it's not even accurate. The gentleman who owns the Bugatti in your pictures purchased the car at its unveiling at Pebble Beach. They pulled the cover off, he said "I'll take it". In fact, the pictures in that article are from the Pebble Beach event.

And I was wrong about him owning the maroon McLaren...his is orange.
Yeah I ended up looking around and found some videos of his cars at other shows and I saw his orange mclaren. He's got a cts v coupe, Mercedes black series, escalade, lamborghini countache, 599 Ferrari and I think a gtr. Pretty nice collection.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Hummer Expert

Default Re: Other cool cars and Porsche fans

Any idea what that guy does? Or did? I'm guessing he doesn't do too much working these days.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

The Porsche is nice and I LOVED my 1972 911, but for everyday driving and putting the grandkids in the backseat I prefer my M5. For pure driving fun, I think it's hard to beat the Dodge Viper. The prices have fallen steeply on them recently. I had a '94 for 7 years and it's the only car I regret selling. No side windows, no door handles, no AC, two valves per cylinder, no traction control and no ABS. It was a throwback to the Cobra and probably the most daring thing done by any major manufacturer. They are not a car that you can get comfortable in for drives over 2 hours and you have to avoid the side exhaust or you end up with the red badge of courage on your leg when you get out. Great weekenders! My only other gripe was taking the rear wheel off to change the battery, oh yeah, the hood too, probably the most expensive hood to replace on any car, until the aftermarket people got active last year. Seven years and 6000 miles and not one problem except for the steering recall - not bad for what is basically a kit car.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Hummer Expert

Vipers have always been cool cars. Very simple! I'd love to drive one.
AMP Research Steps
4" Rancho Lift
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem