H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

I have just ordered the Borla (Dual) Catback system for my H2. Some people are saying that the Borla is extremely loud.
I am not looking for loud just increased performance. Does anyone know from experience what the difference is in noise levels between Corsa (Touring) and the Borla. Or have any other suggestions on a catback system that will not blow me out of the H2. I still have time to cancel my order.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

I have just ordered the Borla (Dual) Catback system for my H2. Some people are saying that the Borla is extremely loud.
I am not looking for loud just increased performance. Does anyone know from experience what the difference is in noise levels between Corsa (Touring) and the Borla. Or have any other suggestions on a catback system that will not blow me out of the H2. I still have time to cancel my order.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Corsa touring may as well be stock.Borla is to the extreme of the touring.www.corsaperf.com
Old 04-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Have recommended My setup and still do. I went this way because of past experience and the backup recommendation of one of the better Perf. Shops near Me.
Dynatech stainless long neck catback system with true dual flowmaster supper 40 series mufflers and exhaust. I have the X pipe tieing 2 exhaust banks together. Sounds deep and loud when WOT and still deep at cruise but, quiets down nicely. I can run My sunroof open and windows down and sound is real nice. Do not have any complaints and get good feedback from everyone. If You have a good relationship with Exhaust shop You may try 50 series but I find these to soft. You could try just the 40 series and if You decide to go deeper and louder in sound Your exhaust shop should let You try another series. My shop did and are able to sell the other as it is still new.
Hope You get what makes You happy and not anyone else. That's what counts.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

Doug is off the scale

Thanks Taz, I did cancle my order and will do some additional research on the system you described as well as Corsa, SMA etc. I appreciate the feedback and will post the results.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

GONEGOLFING is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
Corsa touring may as well be stock.Borla is to the extreme of the touring.www.corsaperf.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dropped you a check for that grill on Monday I think. Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GONEGOLFING:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
Corsa touring may as well be stock.Borla is to the extreme of the touring.www.corsaperf.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dropped you a check for that grill on Monday I think. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can I have one, too. Please.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GONEGOLFING:
I dropped you a check for that grill on Monday I think. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not a problem
Did ya move yet.Don't do virginia,The water make's ya greedy But,polite
Old 04-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Screeper is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't do it. I put the system in my truck and noticed the smallest of performance gains. REAL SMALL. At first the sound was cool and was great around town. Now after a year I regret the change. One of the best things about the H2 is that it can do almost anything and still have the luxury of a cadillac. After driving a friends H2 without the mods I know it was a mistake. If you really want performance, you can check the posts, a supercharger is the only way. To each his own, however I noticed your concern about noise and though I would give you my experiance.
2004 Lux with 6 inch Fabtech with tie rods, 38 inch MT's, 4:88 gears, and some minor engine tweaks.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Hummer Authority

I dropped you a check for that grill on Monday I think. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Got it and Thanks
Old 04-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I dropped you a check for that grill on Monday I think. Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not a problem
Did ya move yet.Don't do virginia,The water make's ya greedy But,polite </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey now. I'm only polite when I want something.

I think Screeper made a good point for you. Really no performance gain and you will notice the sound.