H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-19-2005, 12:30 PM

Minarets is off the scale

guys i must say that i have recently fallen in love with this thing. i currently drive a 1996 maxima and wanted a new car soon and have been looking at the infiniti G35 and BMW 330i--well my suv veins are flowing again. this is by far the coolest suv i have seen in sometime. and its American! my father in law works for GM, so i plan on working that out if i do pull the trigger

anyway, a few questions. i am a music buff, is the Monsoon really as good as i have been reading? i searched and most everything i read was early on in the release of the H3...everyone still fairly impressed?

sunroof, is it as big as it looks? looks huge. much wind noise coming from it?

is the engine as sluggish as it sounds? i am still holding out hope for a V8 or a supercharger, or somthing. 4,700lbs and a 5 cylinder enging is too little.

the ride? comfy? would you drive this on a trip? my wife currently drives a Trailblazer and its the "family" vehicle as of now...but i would rather drive the H3 is it was comfortable.

the interior looks a little cheap and bare bones, but it is a rugged SUV and its costs less for that reason. i would persoanlly prefer to have a lux looking interior in it with some real aluminum or wood grain...but of course that would bump that price right up--i will not be offraoding with my H3--i really just think this is the coolest SUV i have seen in years.

anyway, great forum guys. thanks for the help. i cant wait to test drive one, next week.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:30 PM

guys i must say that i have recently fallen in love with this thing. i currently drive a 1996 maxima and wanted a new car soon and have been looking at the infiniti G35 and BMW 330i--well my suv veins are flowing again. this is by far the coolest suv i have seen in sometime. and its American! my father in law works for GM, so i plan on working that out if i do pull the trigger

anyway, a few questions. i am a music buff, is the Monsoon really as good as i have been reading? i searched and most everything i read was early on in the release of the H3...everyone still fairly impressed?

sunroof, is it as big as it looks? looks huge. much wind noise coming from it?

is the engine as sluggish as it sounds? i am still holding out hope for a V8 or a supercharger, or somthing. 4,700lbs and a 5 cylinder enging is too little.

the ride? comfy? would you drive this on a trip? my wife currently drives a Trailblazer and its the "family" vehicle as of now...but i would rather drive the H3 is it was comfortable.

the interior looks a little cheap and bare bones, but it is a rugged SUV and its costs less for that reason. i would persoanlly prefer to have a lux looking interior in it with some real aluminum or wood grain...but of course that would bump that price right up--i will not be offraoding with my H3--i really just think this is the coolest SUV i have seen in years.

anyway, great forum guys. thanks for the help. i cant wait to test drive one, next week.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:59 PM

H3OH is off the scale

1) I like the Monsoon sound system. It has a good low-end kick and the highs are clean and clear. I use custom settings and I find the bass in the negative zone -1 or -2, and it still puts out nicely. Best stock system in a car that I've ever owned.

2) Sunroof...HUGE. I love it. I tell everyone to get it as it is just damn cool. Front windows down, sunroof open, it's like a convertible. I live in Texas and I do this quite often.

3) The engine doesn't sound sluggish. Keep holding out on the V8 or supercharger and you'll never own an H3. I will say this, don't punch it. Ease into it and it accellerates just fine. I went from two "sporty" cars and the H3 doesn't bother me a bit in the power zone.

4) The ride is a dream. It's quiet and the seats (I have leather) fit me perfectly. I'm 6' 1" and have no problem at all in the front, passenger or back seats. The ride is great!

5) Have you been in the H3 yet? This is probably the better looking SUVs around...unless you get like a Lexus or Infiniti! That CNN article is pure crap. The steering wheel alone is f'ing awesome. It's beefy and feels good on the hands! I get nothing but compliments on the interior. The leather seats with piping (ebony and pewter) just look amazing. Compliments galore! If you want cheap and bare bones dash, look no further than the Tahoe. It was built for a dead person.

Get in one. Drive it. Love it. Buy it. Come here and join in on the praises.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Hummer Veteran

TimJ is off the scale

I agree with every word that H3OH has said. I have exactly the same opinions.

I like it more and more everytime I get in it.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:31 PM

H3OH, thanks....

one of my biggest fears was the engine. obviosuly i dont burn up the roads in my 190 HP maxima, but my soon to be upgrade was going to be pretty quick, with a G35 or 330i. but again, imo this is the coolest looking SUV on the road...coupled with decent gas milage and a nice stereo i was interested. i have seen a lot of criticisim about these from people which i just dont get. anyway, sounds good. would love to hear more peoples reviews
Old 08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

Donald Smith is off the scale

I was driving by the local chevy dealer and spotted 2 H3's on the lot. Stopped to look, took a test drive over to my house and show the wife. I am sold. The dealer was asking a few dollars over 40 grand. Had larger aftermarket wheels and some other stuff that I don't need. Again I was very impressed and will own one soon. Not the 40 grand version though.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:48 PM

BeerDog is off the scale

I also totally agree with H30H... I've been an owner now for 2 months and have no complaints.
I recently took my H3 to the mountains to do a little trout fishing... Climbed to 7500' with no problems.. as H30H mentions.. Don't try to floor the gas pedal.. smooth accelation and you'll have no problem. Good Luck... you won't be disappointed..
Old 08-19-2005, 07:46 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

H30H says it all
I would definitely get the sunroof, even in 98 degree weather in Dallas, I ride with it open often as everyone says it is like riding in a convertible.
No problem with the engine, performs just fine.
So now, go get one, there are no regrets
Old 08-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

I agree with H3OH also.
Get the sunroof if you like fresh air, its huge.

Everyone asks me where I got the interior done(Ebony & Morroco leather) nobody believes GM's have this much style from the factory.

Monsoon 6-disk is excellent. I had gone and bought a bunch of stereo equiptment to up-grade it with but heard it and decided to leave it stock.

Its whisper quiet on the hiway with the windows up roof closed doing 140-kph

Best truck I have ever owned
Old 08-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

H3OH:
Personally, I need a sunroof since I’m claustrophobic, another reason why I don’t like my Jeep unless the top is down.
Monsoon, from what I have heard it the best system that GM offers. It beats the hell out of my factory installed Boze system in my Vette.
I’ll have to learn not to put the pedal to the metal. With the Jeep it is almost imperative to floor it off the line to make the darn thing move. With the Vette, it is just too much fun.

Webb70
Love that Ebony/Morocco interior and was ecstatic the dealer had a white H3 with this interior arriving today. He did state no one has ever ordered this interior, but have sold everyone they have ordered for stock. Might be that the pictures do not give it justice versus viewing it actually in a vehicle.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

xburbman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Minarets:
H3OH, thanks....

one of my biggest fears was the engine. obviosuly i dont burn up the roads in my 190 HP maxima, but my soon to be upgrade was going to be pretty quick, with a G35 or 330i. but again, imo this is the coolest looking SUV on the road...coupled with decent gas milage and a nice stereo i was interested. i have seen a lot of criticisim about these from people which i just dont get. anyway, sounds good. would love to hear more peoples reviews </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just picked mine up last Friday. H3OH is 'spot on' with his remarks. The sunroof rocks...it's very large...you can see alot of stars at nite. The monsoon system is great as well..it's as good a sound as I've heard in any luxury vehicle.(imo) The H3 is not a luxury vehicle but with the LuxPkg it is extremely sweet - I have a Slate Blue with Light tan leather interior and have received lots of compliments. I had the same concern you have about the engine and acceleration until I test drove one...no critisism here. It wasn't designed to be a sports car that tears up the 1/4 mile...it's an SUV! I very much look forward to taking it to my lease in the Texas Hill country and tearing up some OFF road!
Old 09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Hummer Professional

killian is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
Front windows down, sunroof open, it's like a convertible. I live in Texas and I do this quite often. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zip it up and RUN H3OH!!
There's a storm brewing.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:12 PM

Location: Saugerties, NY (where WOODSTOCK happened) ~ Work in PA outside of Phila
GM is off the scale

Keep looking in this forum... someone posted an ad for a supercharger... was around $4500-5k installed... Won't have any engine power issues then...
Old 09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

crotch_rocket_pilot is off the scale

Picked mine up last night and agree with all the positive statements so far. This thing is a dream. It doesnt feel cheap to me, the interior is real nice, especially considering the price range of the vehicle. The sunroof is out of this world, its HUGE! And the soundsystem? I found a hip hop station on XM (not my usual kind of music) and cranked on it, the bass was awesome. I've already got lots of stares too. The only thing I miss is the good ole' Jeep wave I got in the wrangler. As soon as you take a test drive you will be a believer. Trust me.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:09 PM

trebor is off the scale

I have had mine for a month now. The only shortcoming of the monsoon system to me is speaker fade. As the speakers heat from upper end use they tend to fade a little. Other than that it is a real head turner, everyone looks, even H2 owners.
The sun roof is a must and the engine has plenty of power for driving in Dallas traffic.
H3-Boulder Gray, Ebony Leather, Lux Pkg, Off Road Pkg, Auto, Power Sunroof, Chrome Pkg, XM, Brush Guard, Trailer Pkg, Rocker Panel Protection, Removable Assist Steps, Painted Hard Tire Cover, Chrome Fuel Door
Other 4x4s:
1997 Wrangler
2003 Expedit